chelsea
No votes
manure
No votes
Arsenal
5%

Total votes : 19

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:34 am

Now the scare mongers are out again where do yous think hell be come january 2005? Still remain faithfull to the anfield fans that adore him or will he want to be playing at the so called quote of owen ???  best in the world club with superstar players around him :(  I think it will be the latter now we not only have the worry of our team doing well but now this, if he goes and carragher is not in benitez's plans apart from the youth weve got comin thru there will be no english players left in our squad a very worrying prospect indeed :(
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:46 am

hear hear
106-1093504160

Postby maximus » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:22 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Now the scare mongers are out again where do yous think hell be come january 2005? Still remain faithfull to the anfield fans that adore him or will he want to be playing at the so called quote of owen ???  best in the world club with superstar players around him :(  I think it will be the latter now we not only have the worry of our team doing well but now this, if he goes and carragher is not in benitez's plans apart from the youth weve got comin thru there will be no english players left in our squad a very worrying prospect indeed :(

And your point is???

If We win the league with no english players, would you not be happy?? What is it with english players?? ffs we haven't even got an english national coach!!!

As Rafa says, we are looking for good footballers, regardless of nationality.

In the Liverpool sides of old,

Hansen - scottish
souness - Scottish
Rush - Welsh
Molby - danish
Dalglish - Scottish
Toshack - welsh

Yes we had english players as well, but times are changing, and we need to change with them. Are you happy with the selection of Rafa as boss??..............err, hes not english.

ffs whats the big deal about english players all the time??!! I care about LFC and LFC winning, whether it is 11 english players, or 11 chinese, 11 spanish, 11 french, I do not give a s**t!!! I would love to see the quality of football that Arsenal are playing at Anfield, not many english players there though?

Maybe english players are just not good enough at the very highest level, have we ever thought about that??? Maybe its a feckin joke to pay anything more that 2million pund for an english player - although they always seem to cost a damn sight more than a good technically sound european player.

All this 'english' player b****cks is media ******, and I for one am not buyng into it. If Rafa thinks you're good enough to play for LFC, thats good enough for me. If Rafa thinks it will benefit LFC to sell Gerrard for say 30 million, thats good enough for me.

2 la liga titles in 3 seasons, with stiff competition from teams like Real madrid and Barcelona, enough said!!!
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:30 am

A different country for each position! No other squad in the world can do this.                       

Poland

Spain          Finland      Switzerland     Norwegia

Croatia       Germany        England       Australia

France          Czechs
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:31 am

What is big deal of having English players from a club who alot of supporters judging by that other thread arent that interested in the national team.
It cant be loyalty as it seems any English player that does become a star sods off to sunny shores
Never forget the 86 side
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:51 am

ffs maximus I only asked your always jumpin on my posts all the time maybe ill not bother postin any more your always very negative may i rephrase what I said then scousers our team has always had scousers in it Gerrard an Cara bein the only remaining 2 is not a good prospect I know some english players are not good enough but our roots are scouse at LFC and of course i dont care who plays for us as long as we win the prem or CL or FAcup or other tropheys. Maybe its cause im a scouser myself and im proud that we have scousers in the best team in the world in my eyes you cant blame me for that. mcmahon, fowler, mcmanaman ,gerrard, carragher , aldridge need I go on LFC walk on :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:07 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:ffs maximus I only asked your always jumpin on my posts all the time maybe ill not bother postin any more your always very negative may i rephrase what I said then scousers our team has always had scousers in it Gerrard an Cara bein the only remaining 2 is not a good prospect I know some english players are not good enough but our roots are scouse at LFC and of course i dont care who plays for us as long as we win the prem or CL or FAcup or other tropheys. Maybe its cause im a scouser myself and im proud that we have scousers in the best team in the world in my eyes you cant blame me for that. mcmahon, fowler, mcmanaman ,gerrard, carragher , aldridge need I go on LFC walk on :angry:

I am not being negative to your posts

I don't undersatnd it when you say it is not a good prospect the fact there will be no scousers in the team.

Not a good prospect?? from what perspective??? As a team we have won nothing of any credibility in the last 15 years, my desire is to see LFC winning the trophies that matter - premier League and Champions league. I grew up with that, and it hurts to see other teams doing it.

i think it is not a good prospect purely from an emotional perspective, not a realistic winning perspective. I am sure if Rafa thinks, there is some good scouse talent coming through he will play them.
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby 106-1093504160 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:33 am

times change. i also feel as cisse does, but also that said by maximus's last post. it is frustrating seeing others win the league. we will get there people.
perhaps the investment propsed by steve morgan should be taken?
the most important issue for lfc players is that they want to wear the shirt thats red, rather than the money thats green!
106-1093504160

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:42 am

I just think scouse players have more heart in winning for liverpool than other nationalities proven fact bein that Gerrard got us 4th an CL spot practically on his own last season true or false ? Very true. The once a blue always a blue fella proved where his priorities lie and thats with money :glare: Steven Gerrard is the backbone of our team at this present moment in time and he must stay with us if we want to proceed any further come next year he might not be missed as much if reports are true that alonso is as good if not better its just right now we need him there the proof is there if gerrard is off his game the whole team is.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:50 am

Gerrard will be in Spain next year.  He tans well an is just the player Real need in midfield...I just hope we make a sackful of money from the sale.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby who the hell is diarra » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:53 am

Remember when our team was full of good comitted honest scousers.......  ??? yeah it was called the 90's and we won sod all. Remember McAtter , Harkness,  etc all committed reds who would run through the proverbial brick wall for Liverpool , however they were simply not good enough, which has got to be thet overriding concern.
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:03 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I just think scouse players have more heart in winning for liverpool than other nationalities proven fact bein that Gerrard got us 4th an CL spot practically on his own last season true or false ? Very true. The once a blue always a blue fella proved where his priorities lie and thats with money :glare: Steven Gerrard is the backbone of our team at this present moment in time and he must stay with us if we want to proceed any further come next year he might not be missed as much if reports are true that alonso is as good if not better its just right now we need him there the proof is there if gerrard is off his game the whole team is.

Cisse,

I don't mean to be negative, but that post proves to me that you are just letting emotion speak and not talking real facts.

i want to examine your post:

Yes Gerrard ran his heart out for Liverpool, and yes proved his commitmenmt and 'love for LFC' by doing this, althought IMO this just highlighted the inefficincies in our team last season under Houllier.  this has been proven by the mass culling by rafa this season. Rafa, a more competent coach (I think we are all agreed) has pointed out that running all over the park is not the way to play football at the highest level, the aggression and energies of SG need to be controlled and channelled into a more structured way which will  benefit the team long term. I believe Alonso will be the anchor man long term in the heart of the Liverpool midfield, because I believe Rafa feels he will lose SG to Real Madrid, Chelsea Arsenal or whoever sooner rather than later, and does not want to be in a position where he will have to fill a massive void, if that does happen. Lets not forget though that SG was pretty much a Chelsea player all bar a minor miracle of sorts of him changing his mind

Your assessment of Owen is fickle, I bet you was wetting your pants as I was when Owen scored 2 goals to take the FA Cup from Arsenal in 2001, I bet you cheered every goal Owen scored for us throughout his career, sometimes carrying the whole team (way before SG became the player he is today  by the way) I find comments of that nature pretty distasteful, considering Owen gave 11 years of his career, to the club, lets be realistic Real Madrid IS the biggest club in the world BAR NONE (altough it hurts me to say it) 9 European cups says it all, and when they come knocking who can resist.

P.S. If you post your opinion on an forum, you like I should expect your opinions to be criticised, slated, or indeed agreed with, if you cannot handle negative comments, then I think an open discussion forum is not for you.
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:30 am

The problem is not my posts being critised but your favorite reply to most posts on here is
AND YOUR POINT BEING???
you reply with that comment to nearly every post u reply 2 its not me bein negative at the end of the day we are all LFC supporters and by my first post I didnt want to argue with no one I will just be gutted if he goes but thats my personal opinion and btw I was gutted when MO left aswell and I loved him 2 and hope to see him back at anfield some day in the near future but your right about 1 thing maybe my hearts speakin more than the truth but hey im only human an thats not a crime :)

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:31 am

steven gerrard will be a real madrid player before the 2006 world cup. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:46 am

SG has a contract with LFC If Im not mistaken

Reals tactice is to to undermine a player with a club so they can move in but like Vieira if SG wants to stay theres nothing they can do about it but if he wants out we can cash in a serious amount and if he does want out whats the pint in keeping him

Rafa has strengthened the midfield as it was embarrisingly SG that did all the work but he now has better players alongside him and if kewell starts to perform we do have a very decent midfield but I get the feeling as well that after the summers histrionics Rafa has strenghened that area to make SG less of a key player as in we need other players to take the game and have that winning attitude.

Real do this a lot and are playing the media but I would also be aware of Barcelona as losing Davids has left a gap for them and they finished above Real last year and have the best player in the world in their team

SG is away with England as well so the timing of this interest leaves him away from Rafa and in the company of Sven Owen and Becks who are Real fans

Rb on the other hand will be used to Reals ways and could look to keep SG or alternatively cash in and get maybe three class players to strengthen the squad he did manage to finsih above the "galacticos" with a less fashionable team after all.

IF SG seriously will leave if were not competing for the title in RB's first season then to be honest he is not the type of player we really need.

LFC cannot compete financially with the big boys so we have to have a team that is realistic knows the long term aims and fights for each other but we are one of those clubs who can buy a world class player every now and then, combine buying well with great team spirit and things will improve sooner rather than later if you dont believe me just ask Arsenal
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football Related Polls