Bellamy
8%
Johnson
3%
Other
5%

Total votes : 98

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon May 29, 2006 5:29 pm

Dirk Kuyt,  he looks an excellent player.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby mighty mo » Mon May 29, 2006 5:31 pm

i chose horseface
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coolsobs » Mon May 29, 2006 5:45 pm

Well Red wrote:Johnson! Please, no more foreign "finished top goalscorer in the XXX league" wasters!

Diouf - one of the top goalscorers in the French League
Cisse - one of the top goalscorers in the French League
F. Sava for Fulham - top Argentinian League goalscorer. And he was :censored:!
Marlet - Top France League goalscorer. Ditto!
Forlan - top goalscorer in Argentina
Kezman? Erik Meijer? Morientes?

For goodness sakes, the club have to bring in someone proven in the Premiership who can form a partnership with Crouch both at club and country level. Johnson for £9million is an absolute bargain! :(

actually morientes never finished top scorer in any league, the most he ever managed was 18 goals
coolsobs

Postby weringo » Mon May 29, 2006 6:37 pm

L-type wrote:
weringo wrote:Horseface and villa, but you may as well put Shevchenko and Adriano up there, because we're not get either of those

And you think we could get rvn?  NO way!!  p[lus david villa would be way to expensive.  For whats it's worth I have no idea who we will recruit, but I think Bellamy could do a good job for us, so I picked him

Yes thats what I said... we wouldn't be getting either of those (horseface/villa). Read the post first please
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby Well Red » Mon May 29, 2006 10:29 pm

coolsobs wrote:
Well Red wrote:Johnson! Please, no more foreign "finished top goalscorer in the XXX league" wasters!

Diouf - one of the top goalscorers in the French League
Cisse - one of the top goalscorers in the French League
F. Sava for Fulham - top Argentinian League goalscorer. And he was boll0cks
Marlet - Top France League goalscorer. Ditto!
Forlan - top goalscorer in Argentina
Kezman? Erik Meijer? Morientes?

For goodness sakes, the club have to bring in someone proven in the Premiership who can form a partnership with Crouch both at club and country level. Johnson for £9million is an absolute bargain! :(

actually morientes never finished top scorer in any league, the most he ever managed was 18 goals

okay, so I was wrong about one. But they have all still been flops on the Premiership stage after appearing to prove themselves as top goalscorers eslewhere :shifty
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Mon May 29, 2006 10:53 pm

Excluding the strikers that i see as unrealistic prospects (i.e villa,horseface) i would like to see kuyt and bent at anfield next season, kuyt has all the attributes to succeed in the prem whilst bent who would admittedly be a gamble would be a risk worth taking; not at 12mil mind. Bent has the much needed pace and movement and he knows how to use his pace unlike djib, he also has proved this season that he knows where the net is aswell, i mean 20+ goals in a mediocre team (at best) and playing up front on his own aswell, he was really on fire when murphy was at charlton because he was getting the service; service which he would regularly get at us with the likes of xabi and stevie spreadin the play, so i think he could be a potentially great signing, the word potentially is one to be feared after recent flops like el hadji kunt and co .I know rafa has to get it right this summer but every player is a gamble no matter how good their reputation is, some are bigger gambles than others obviously but just look at nando. If we could get bent at around 7mil it would be a bargain IMO. Kuyt is the other striker i would like to see next season, hes a physical lad with a good finish from what ave seen and could well be brilliant in our current team. Heres hoping rafa gets one of these two but if deals could be thrashed out for villa and co you wouldnt catch me complaining  :buttrock
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby welsh wizzard » Mon May 29, 2006 10:59 pm

Love to see Villa but no chance!!
Has to be Kuyt will be a quality player in this team.
With my mate Earnshaw alongside him what a very under estimated player who just needs a run in the premiership in a quality team he will score bags of goals if someone just gives him a chance.....
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue May 30, 2006 10:35 am

going by the chat over the weekend it seems we are set to buy Darren Bent this week.
Radio 5 live seemed to have some info into this, as they stated "The soon to be Liverpool player Darren Bent".

i was hoping we was not going to buy him but if we do lets hope he fits in well .
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Tue May 30, 2006 1:06 pm

i'd be happy if we bought bent but only if we dont get ripped off, the lads got potential and i can see him becoming a quality striker but anything over 7mil - 8mil would be too much
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby murphy0151 » Tue May 30, 2006 2:56 pm

Defoe for me boys and girls.

An here is my mystic meg prediciton. 

Defoe will be signed on monday 5th June.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Tue May 30, 2006 5:28 pm

fred  :buttrock
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue May 30, 2006 5:38 pm

Villa, Kuyt, Owen, or all of them  :D
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Big Niall » Wed May 31, 2006 12:38 pm

Players from foreign leagues are always a risk especially at centre forward. Paying £10m+ is a big risk. Johnson only scored about 11 goals from play in the league in his "great" season, Bent MIGHT be a one season wonder (see Kevin PHilips, Beattie).

The only forwards who have proved themselves in EPL and might be available are RVN and Owen. RVN is getting old now, has had a couple of average seasons now, plus theres the Manure thing. Owen is class but injuries will always worry. I'd go for Owen though.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:27 pm

For all the people who keep calling for Rafa to get Bellamy, have you forget that he is a crock? He has had so many problems with his knee and I believe he had a couple of operations on them. With his hefty upper body and running style he is likely to suffer injuries in the future as well. Purely from a medical point of view I would stay well clear.

From a footballing point of view, last season was the first team he has got into double figure in the Premiership in terms of league goals, and only the 3rd time he has done so since his career began in 1996, with the other 2 times being for Norwich in the old first division, were he played 36 and scored 13, and played 40 and scored 17, so his goal scoring record isn’t really much better than that of Heskey. Warranted that he does provide a real threat with his roar acceleration and determination, but his overall game is average to be honest.

And from a person point of view, he is an @rsehole outside of football by the sounds of it, and is a w@nker on the field, he has an attitude problem towards his team mates and opposition. Some people in life are just plain kunts, no matter what environment you give them or what help or guidance you to try to bring them under they wont change, for me, Bellamy is just one of life’s w@nkers, I know it’s a big statement to make since I’m not exactly close to him, but it’s a statement I am willing to make anyway.

So for me, it is a big fat NO!

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mramo » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:47 pm

Blimey, It'll be great to have someone who can score goals in the squad who happens to be Kuyt - rather than being completely Bent and scoring disallowed shots from the upside position.

:Oo:
mramo

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls