No votes
Everton
7%
Fudge Street Brothel
67%

Total votes : 15

Postby A.B. » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:42 pm

stmichael wrote:
A.B. wrote:False, Henry couldn't play on any team on the planet. Henry is a great player in English football but he wouldn't be the same kind of player in the Bundesliga or in the Seria A.

In order to be World Class a player should be good at everything he does. Example: Pele,Ronaldo,etc..

what?

are you trying to say that henry is not world class?

No mate, I'm saying that he wouldn't be as good in lets say Seria A or the Bundesliga as he is in the Premiership. He is a world class player because he performs for both country and club in all competions. However he wouldn't be as good as he is in the Premiership in other leagues, I'm not saying he's not world class I am saying that his performance in another league for another club wouldn't be the same as it is at Arsenal.
Last edited by A.B. on Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby shagasaurus80 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:03 pm

In your first reply you clearly state he couldnt play for any team on the planet and suggest he isnt world class ?
Then you change your view and say he wouldnt be the same player in a different league.
Now you say he is world class ,even tho he hasnt impressed on any major stage. ???
27 years just waiting for a chance to win a major trophy
Give silverwear a glance
For 27 years we've been living next door to city
CITY, WHO THE F*CK ARE CITY
shagasaurus80

Postby A.B. » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:13 pm

I think you misread my post.

"In order to be World Class a player should be good at everything he does. Example: Pele,Ronaldo,etc.."

That was pointed towards ROONEY not Henry!

Henry is a world class player but he wouldn't score 38 goals in the Bundesliga like he did last year in the Premiership. i.e. Ronaldo was briliant at Inter Milan. He performed for them in the Seria A, Champions League  and he also performed for his country. However since he moved to Real Madrid he has not been as good as he was in Inter Milan. Why? Because La Liga is different from the Seria A.

Both Seria A and Bundesliga clubs defend more than they attack, their defence is more solid than in the EPL. It's a different pace and you will hardly see a player have a hat-trick. The defence in the Bundesliga is completly different than in the Premiership. Therefore Henry wouldn't score as many goals like he has done in the Premiership, however he is still a world class player. There is no doubt about that.

To simply put it in one sentance, Henry is world class and Rooney isn't. Last part of my posts was about Rooney not Henry you misunderstood it.
Last edited by A.B. on Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby shagasaurus80 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:21 pm

yes. but I stated he could PLAY in any team and thats the difference. Ok its still early for Wayne Rooney, but i really do think he could perform for any team in the world.  :D But then I would say that.
Give silverwear a glance
shagasaurus80

Postby A.B. » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:30 pm

yes. but I stated he could PLAY in any team and thats the difference.

The question is will he as good as he is in Arsenal?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby shagasaurus80 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:38 pm

I dont think so somehow. But who knows these things for sure. Be a lot tighter in Italy obviously but i still think hed play some good stuff. Its one of those ol mysteries A.b  :D
Give silverwear a glance
shagasaurus80

Postby the great one » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:20 pm

i dnt reckon henry is up there with with ronaldo real one,pele,rivaldo,zindine zidane and rooney got nuff to to improve come on england :D
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:57 pm

A.B. wrote:I think Rooney's performance against Fenerbache has been overrated, Fenerbache are currently weak and even Heskey could had a hat-trick against them.

I want to say Rooney get a hat-trick in the Premiership if he can.

your wrong there!

fenerbache hadn't dropped a point at all this season until they met man utd!
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby Redrider » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:28 pm

Give him 2 years, the pressure will be too great. He will fall back out of orbit with a bump!! Just look at recent events, his girlfriend can't even nip out to the corner shop in NY without attracting the attention of HM Customs. There is a short and rocky road ahead of him, that he is clearly not well equiped to travel down. His two braincells have already been used up, I am afraid. ???
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:10 pm

Dom1 wrote:
A.B. wrote:I think Rooney's performance against Fenerbache has been overrated, Fenerbache are currently weak and even Heskey could had a hat-trick against them.

I want to say Rooney get a hat-trick in the Premiership if he can.

your wrong there!

fenerbache hadn't dropped a point at all this season until they met man utd!

Fenerbache is not a strong club in Turkey. Rooney was completely shut out by Boro's defence and they don't really have a solid defence. Rooney will not be as big of a success in Premiership as he will in the England national team and in other European competions.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby shagasaurus80 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:53 pm

Not a strong club in turkey? Theyre Champions of turkey and i dont think you can get any stronger than that?
A.b hes already been pretty successful in the league otherwise he wouldnt be playing for England.He will play more premiership games than any other surely that gives him a better chance of being successful? ???
Give silverwear a glance
shagasaurus80

Postby A.B. » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:05 pm

How can you compare a Turkish club with an English club? Fenerbache's defence was below average.

A.b hes already been pretty successful in the league otherwise he wouldnt be playing for England

So that means that Beckham is a good player at the moment because he plays for England?

Rooney is a young and good player, however he has been proclaimed "World Class" already because he scored a hat-trick, countless strikers have done that. We will see how he plays 2-3 years from now.

Do not forget that Wayne Rooney has been booked more than he has scored goals.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redrider » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:57 pm

Screwney, Screwney, Screwnee, screwknee, screwneeee------------------ :D :D :D
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby shagasaurus80 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:14 am

I wasnt comparing a turkish club with an english club? You said they werent a strong club in TURKEY. i stated they were champions.
And when i said picked for England-usually that means when your picked for your country ,you have impressed for your club. I think youll agree it was a good choice .
And as for being booked,I agree with you he does need to calm down,without losing his competitive edge. Nobody wants a ballet dancer as a centre forward.He is still learning as you say,and that part of his game isnt a concern at all.
Give silverwear a glance
shagasaurus80

Postby Dom1 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:18 am

she is right!
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls