Salif diao - Have you seen enough of him ?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Salif diao - Have you seen enough of him ?

Yes, its time to cut our losses and get rid
63%
No, the lad deserves the chance to show what he can do
37%

Total votes : 49

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:06 pm

I personally beleive that Diao looked a good player, both for us and when he was with Senegal, and I think he could do a job for us in the middle of the park as Stevies work horse.

Most of the lads think I am smoking the mowey wowey, but I would like to know what you people think about him.

From Liverpoolfc.tv:

Salif Diao today insisted he isn't interested in a move to Portsmouth as he bids to convince Rafael Benitez he is worth a place in his Anfield plans. 
Diao is reportedly on Harry Redknapp's wanted list as Pompey look to strengthen their squad before the start of the new season, but Diao says he is only interested in kick-starting his Liverpool career.

"I don't want to leave and I don't intend going anywhere unless the manager tells me he doesn't have a role for me," said the Senegal star.

"I have seen all the rumours about me supposedly going to Portsmouth, St Etienne and Espanyol but I've heard nothing from any of those clubs.

"The manager has told us all we must work as hard as we can in training and then he will make decisions. That's what I want to do. I want to show him I deserve to stay here. I want to play for Liverpool and I'm not interested in moving anywhere else."

What do you think ??
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:13 pm

I think it would be fair if Beni did hold onto him and gave him the oppotunity to impress. The lad seems commited and its up to him to try and get back to the way he shined in the world cup for Senegal. The only doubt in my mind is could he ever nail down a first team place at Anfield?
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:15 pm

he's not the worst player in the world but we do not need him at all, we have plenty of players who can play in the middle, if porstmouth or anybody else are interested id let him go
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:19 pm

I agree wholeheartedly with Leon on this point.

Cast your mind back to the start of 2002/03 and Salif Diao did very well for us.

Like everyone else he struggled during the 13 game winless streak and Houllier made a scapegoat of him after he got sent off for violent conduct against Newcastle.

It also didn't help that Houllier then only played him at right back or an emergency centre half.

I think he deserves one last chance and I'm delighted that he seems committed to the club.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby charwell » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:19 pm

I have seen more than enough thanks, I admire his attitude but you need to compliment that with ability, something I don't think he has a great deal of unfortunately
charwell

Postby jimmyb » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:46 pm

Salif diao is another player ruined by houllier,You need to play players in their right positions,I still think diao could make it under rafa,but only in centre mid
jimmyb

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:29 pm

Players aren't ruined by Managers ???  Gerrard, Owen, Hyppia, Maccallister, Rise, Carragher, Baros etc.....weren't ruined.

I'm with Charwell on this one, you have to compliment intent with ability and I personally don't think Daio has enough of it at this level. Like any LFC player i will be pleased if he proves me wrong but can't see it happeninga nd we can't afforrd to "Experiment" with players who have underachieved in the past ....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:45 pm

How much is he on? If they get a good offer..get rid.. but as predicted they all want to stay.. Benitez has got the place buzzing after all..zzzzz  :)
Last edited by zarababe on Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1083280474 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:43 am

Well you dont obviously dont watch many games then!

Diao is slow, can pass and is definately not the kind of player lfc are looking for.
84-1083280474

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:23 am

Diao, like others at LFC at the moment, isn't a bad player but you have to think 'will I win a title with him as a first team player?' and the answer is no.  He should be given his marching orders by Rafa.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Paul C » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:23 am

I agree with Leon, we haven't seen enough of Diao to make a proper judgement on the lad, the most we saw of him was as a centre back and he can't be judged on those performances, personally I think he's better than Biscan and deserves a crack of the whip.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby antz » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:15 am

should be given a chane, players such as biscan and smicer have been given much longer to prove themselves and have failed
antz

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:36 am

Its simple, since he hasn't being play first team football for a while and is a bit rusty, we loan him out to Pompey and if he does well, we bring him back and hes ******, he can fu*k off or pompey can keep him for a price. :devil:

Hey, does anyone know whats happening with Babbel  :alien:
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:41 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:I agree wholeheartedly with Leon on this point.

Well you can knock that in the head right away.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:42 am

:devil:
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football Related Polls