Salif diao - Have you seen enough of him ?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Salif diao - Have you seen enough of him ?

Yes, its time to cut our losses and get rid
63%
No, the lad deserves the chance to show what he can do
37%

Total votes : 49

Postby jonny_red_fan » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:16 pm

Diao has had his chance..........FAILED

Sissoko really looks like he can hack the pace of the premiership from what ive seen so far (albeit 1 game)!!

Diao is abot 6-7 down the pecking order for a reason!!!

See ya Salif  :rasp
jonny_red_fan

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:22 pm

I can see the point the lad who brought this thread back up was making, but it is irrelevant really whether Diao might of fulfilled (so called potential) if Houllier treated him right.
He didn't, we are more than a year down the road and have FAR better options with Alonso brought in and now Sissoko who is also alot younger than Salif was when he arrived.
Diao's confidence was shot by Houllier...i agree but i dont think he was in the same class as Hamann and Sissoko at this moment looks on a different level at 20, so there is no point even going over it really.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:22 pm

Sissoko looks the business already, and he's only 20!  Bet Moyes is extra bitter now  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:08 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Diao was given a raw deal by Houllier, he impressed me in his first season when he had a run of about 10 games when he filled in for Hamann. Then in the next season when Hamann had an extended injury Houllier put Gerrard in the Hamann role and put Smicer next to him. Then Houllier decided to play him out of position against Bolton in the Carling Cup and then blames him for not performing and makes him a scapegoat.

Diao may or may not be worth the money we paid for him but I still think that he was treated quiet badly by Houllier and is a much better player than he has shown us.

I think thats a fair assessment.

When Diao first played in the side he looked a handy player. He was made a scapegoat for our bad run and never recovered.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:27 pm

The poor guy never had much of a chance to prove himself!But i think he'd need a miracle now with the amount of quality we have now to get a bit part role,never mind regular football!
In my veiw he's a decent player and has a lot of potential but he wont get the competitive experience the he needs to better himself a t Lfc!
So i reckon its best for all if he moves on.He could have a great career at Pompey and play week in week out!
66-1120597113

Postby DANNNY » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:02 pm

i think a loan spell at pompy would be the best for all concerned. salif would have the oppertunity to make his name and liverpool would have another midfeilder who has little chance of breaking into first team in a competitive position.

will lfc still have the squad for all compitions, a carling cup final will be hard to inprove on this season with premership top three hopes a priority, as well as cl final

also my personal opinion is that no liverpool player should leave the squad(regardless of talent) unless replaced with another player.
DANNNY

Postby bigmick » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:44 pm

Probably one or two are missing this lads point and he is pjustified in pulling his hair out in clumps. In his original post he said it was probably a bit early to be jumping on the Sissoko is class bandwagon. He made the point that when Diao first broke into the team, many felt he was going to be a good player aswell. Now, for whatever reason (maybe Houllier, maybe lack of talent but whatever, it's not the point) most everyone would agree that he's not up to it.
Now when he first made the point, a few lads said that there was no comparison between Sissoko and Diao. Further, they doubted that ANYONE ever thought Diao was potentially any good. So, off goes this fella and drags up a year old thread (check the original post, AND the original poster) which contains views from quite a few respected members of this forum saying that at this point they rated Diao. I myself wasn't on the forum at the time but I certainly thought Diao had potential in the beginning.
So, point proven by this Neil fella. Absolutely no argument. He is NOT saying that Diao is comparible to Sissoko. He IS saying that peoples opinions of him at this stage ARE. There, give the bloke a break.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:09 pm

neil wrote:Just havin a trawl through the archives.This thread makes fasinating reading. I believe this guy showed potential as well as, say.....sissoko. I wonder what John Craig may have posted had he too happened across this?   ???

:D

What a shame Neil!!  You weren't able to find a post by me saying that I used to rate Diao!!  That's because there aren't any because I never really rated him.

Anyway, I'm not trying to start beef with you again here, you've proven your point that many people rated Diao at one point and thought he had potential (much like Sissoko), fair play to you.

I know that you were comparing Sissoko and Diao's relative potentials when they were signed and not Sissoko's ability now compared to Diao's ability now.  My point was that seeing as Sissoko is 20 and Diao was 25 when we signed him, Sissoko would naturally have more potential seeing that he was signed at 20 and not 25.

While people mention how good Diao was in the world cup and for a 10 game spell with us, I will say this...

I NEVER judge how good a player I have never heard of is by a performance in a major international tournament.  Anyone can have a good tournament.

As for playing for us, Diao NEVER impressed me.  I have called it wrong with a lot of players in the past, but I think I was right on this one.  Maybe under a better man-manager than Houllier he might have been better but who knows.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:26 pm

John Craig, quoted from another thread;
" As for your argument that sissoko and diao had the same 'potential' when they signed, that's bollox.  Sissoko looks quality and is 20.  Diao never looked good and was 25 when we signed him.  So how the fu.ck could they have the same 'POTENTIAL'?  Dry your eyes "

I was'nt looking for a post from you dear chap, I was merely dealing with this poisonous repost.

???
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:24 am

however this is what it takes to show ignorant people(thats you too LIVERPOOLANYTIME) that there are many differing opinions, and yours is no more important, that it gives you the right to dismiss anothers.

Neil you f.ucker why the hell are you mentioning me in a thread I have nothing to do with?? You really are sad, not only have you probably spent a good while finding this thread, but also mention me when I am nowhere to be seen.
Did I hurt your feelings before of something?? :laugh:

Look Neil, we can all drag something back from the past, as I will do now, and what i now qoute, will show that your above qoute is total c.rap on your behalf mate! Above you talk of 'ignorant people' which will be shown from the next qoute that that is exactly what you have been in the past, and also that if i 'smoke' or not does not give you the right to 'dismiss' (as you say) my opinions, no matter what!!
You are a prat and always mention me, just p.iss off will you, its old news now mate, get over it FFS!!! Although its over though, dont think I am stupid enough to allow you to mention me in absence in such a way as you did and think you are all smart all of a sudden!!!   ???

:laugh:
neil
LFC Advanced Member

Group: LFC Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(LIVERPOOLANYTIME @ July 21 2005,17:32)
'In Rafa I/we trust' (which is beginning to p.iss me off if I am honest!!)

Hashish is both the cause of and solution to ALL of my problems!

this concerns me

Now what has my sig got to do with a post that was well thought out and reasoned?
Add to that you didnt even back up your point of 'This Worries me' etc;
I dont understand that mate!!! ???
Anyway I have replied to show that we can all find old topics to prove a point, as I have done here, to show you that you have also been 'ignorant' and 'dismissed' my views!!!

You are full of s.hit neil, and have completely contradiced yourself!! :shifty
Last edited by 76-1115222408 on Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
76-1115222408

Postby misskop » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:17 am

Definitely about time he was shown the door! We just can't seem to find a club willing to take him :(
misskop

Postby neil » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:33 am

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
however this is what it takes to show ignorant people(thats you too LIVERPOOLANYTIME) that there are many differing opinions, and yours is no more important, that it gives you the right to dismiss anothers.

Neil you f.ucker why the hell are you mentioning me in a thread I have nothing to do with?? You really are sad, not only have you probably spent a good while finding this thread, but also mention me when I am nowhere to be seen.
Did I hurt your feelings before of something??

Look Neil, we can all drag something back from the past, as I will do now, and what i now qoute, will show that your above qoute is total c.rap on your behalf mate! Above you talk of 'ignorant people' which will be shown from the next qoute that that is exactly what you have been in the past, and also that if i 'smoke' or not does not give you the right to 'dismiss' (as you say) my opinions, no matter what!!
You are a prat and always mention me, just p.iss off will you, its old news now mate, get over it FFS!!! Although its over though, dont think I am stupid enough to allow you to mention me in absence in such a way as you did and think you are all smart all of a sudden!!!   

:laugh:
neil
LFC Advanced Member

Group: LFC Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(LIVERPOOLANYTIME @ July 21 2005,17:32)
'In Rafa I/we trust' (which is beginning to p.iss me off if I am honest!!)

Hashish is both the cause of and solution to ALL of my problems!

this concerns me

Now what has my sig got to do with a post that was well thought out and reasoned?
Add to that you didnt even back up your point of 'This Worries me' etc;
I dont understand that mate Anyway I have replied to show that we can all find old topics to prove a point, as I have done here, to show you that you have also been 'ignorant' and 'dismissed' my views!!!

You are full of s.hit neil, and have completely contradiced yourself!! :shifty

Could'nt be bothered reading your post, but I kinda got the gist in the 1st sentence.In the thread "I may be going out on a limb here" you threw your unprovoked 'two penneth' in, telling me I always "chatter s.*i*e", this thread from the archives seems to suggest I was'nt talking s.*i*e", at that time at least, luv.

:no :no

Incidentally, you guys ought to know there are threads back there where people were championing the "Bring in Strachan" idea. Sheeesh. Have a look back yourselves, its good.   :)
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football Related Polls