Salif diao - Have you seen enough of him ?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Salif diao - Have you seen enough of him ?

Yes, its time to cut our losses and get rid
63%
No, the lad deserves the chance to show what he can do
37%

Total votes : 49

Postby Eazy-E » Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:16 pm

woof woof ! wrote:I still remember Diaos' performance for Senegal in the world cup, and for those of you with the memory of a goldfish he was outstanding !!! I applauded Houlier when we bought him , I thought it was a better purchase than that of his countryman Diouff.
Throughout that tournament Diao was as solid as a rock , playing midfield and pushing forward , was rarely more than 10-15 yards behind Diouff ,laying balls through to him and snapping up loose balls when the Senagelese attack broke down.He ran and ran for ninety minutes and proved to be as tough as nails , never bottled out of a challenge and although he didn't show "flair" and "party tricks" for me he was one of the best midfielders at that world cup.
What happened after he came to Liverpool is still a mystery to me .

The only reason why he performed so well in Korea and Japan was that he was playing for his country and he showed passion, dedication and aggresiveness. Diao does'nt have a clue about LFC he is not aware of its proud history and glorious achievements and he did not support us as a boy.  :Oo:
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

''I kick :censored: and i take names. You're in my pocket. Shut your mouth. Rest your gums. I own you bitch.''
Eazy-E

Postby Jan Cuelemans » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:13 pm

I voted to get rid, but maybe I've been a bit harsh. If he had been given the same game time afforded to his fellow countryman, I could have given a more informed vote.
The ofton underrated, Belgium Internalional Superstar !
Jan Cuelemans

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:13 pm

So your theory is "only people that supported us when they were boys should be allowed to play for us " ?
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.  :laugh:  :(   :laugh:    :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:48 pm

I hope every player is given the oppurtunity to impress Benitez,and I'm sure he will be able to decide for himself if Diao and all the other squad members are worthy of a liverpool shirt.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby someguynamedCraig » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:03 am

I say let him go.  He has shown glimpses, but how many seasons do we give a player to prove himself before we realise we need to let him go?????
someguynamedCraig

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:05 am

I am very divided on this.
He has shown glimpses of being a good player with limited opportunities, and may come of age under Benitez.

I was surprised when we signed Diao tbh as I didn't know much of him until the World Cup and was curious to see how he would do.

I think that Benitez should see how he trains, have a chat with him,assess the options available and perhaps keep him on as a squad player unless an offer comes in which is tempting, and Benitez has other players in mind like Baraja.

It all depends on what sort of money we could get for him, and we could always loan him out like Cheyrou.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:18 am

Eazy-E wrote:
Dalglish wrote:Players aren't ruined by Managers ???  Gerrard, Owen, Hyppia, Maccallister, Rise, Carragher, Baros etc.....weren't ruined.

I have to disagree i think Heskey was ruined remember how good he was during the 00/01 and 01/02 season's he was scoring for the craic. I think the player's you listed will really perform under Rafa and then you will see that Houllier messed up their confidence.  :kungfu:

from  00-02 Heskey was playing under Houllier so he didn't "mess up his confidence" then, the players have to shoulder some of the blame.

Although the decision to get rid of Houllier was the right one, he did wonders for Stevie G's confidence hwn he was going therough that rough patch and he worked with him to put him back on track and the result was the season he had last.

Hyppia became a quality defender under Houllier.

Although the last couple of seasons were poor, partly because of Houllier's tactical ineptness and the odd bad signing, but also cos of injuries and under performance of key players.

So you can't just say Houllier messed up their confidence when he brought a lot of the side so far in the years leading up to, including and the season after the treble season.

It's only the last couple of seasons where things went pear shaped, and Houllier had to exit.

The one thing i will agree on is Baros though, he was under-utilised by Houllier and consequently lost confidence, although there is the point that Owen and Baros can't play together so Houllier had to stick with Heskey or drop Owen which was unlikely to happen.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:51 am

Player need confidence to shine, they also need to know the manager believes in their abilities to play well, houllier never gave him a long run in the side so he never had chance to show what he can do (which he has for Senegal), I like the way the lad gets stuck in and for me that shows he is commited and wants to play for the club.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:34 pm

Just havin a trawl through the archives.This thread makes fasinating reading. I believe this guy showed potential as well as, say.....sissoko. I wonder what John Craig may have posted had he too happened across this?   ???
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:40 pm

Diao is another "houiller misfit signing" he must go..and NOW!   :(
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:48 pm

Shame Houllier never gave him the extended run he deserved.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:48 pm

correct ! hindsight, fantastic! but fancy people actually thought these things   :upside:
it'll never happen again!   :;):
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:57 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Shame Houllier never gave him the extended run he deserved.

Hahahaha good one cool hand luke  :D   :laugh:  :D
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby neil » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:09 am

Garymac wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:Shame Houllier never gave him the extended run he deserved.

Hahahaha good one cool hand luke  :D   :laugh:  :D

Yes Gary, you seem to have alot of posts and people to laugh at,having just read your 'bandwagon' sarcasm in the "I may be going out on a limb" thread.
Another tip- never eat yellow snow.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:32 am

Get rid. He's a waste of space. Lets be fair;if he was anything better than sh*te then the Brummy benders would have bought him. He's complete cack, and the decent run he had must have been pure fluke, or a result of steroids and mass dillusion! :p :angry:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls