Salif diao - Have you seen enough of him ?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Salif diao - Have you seen enough of him ?

Yes, its time to cut our losses and get rid
63%
No, the lad deserves the chance to show what he can do
37%

Total votes : 49

Postby Garymac » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:41 am

neil wrote:
Garymac wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:Shame Houllier never gave him the extended run he deserved.

Hahahaha good one cool hand luke  :D   :laugh:  :D

Yes Gary, you seem to have alot of posts and people to laugh at,having just read your 'bandwagon' sarcasm in the "I may be going out on a limb" thread.
Another tip- never eat yellow snow.

Sorry about taking the p!ss out of a thread you brought up from a year ago to try and make a point with, Diao was sh!t in 2002 when we signed him, he was still sh!t in 2004 and even today my opinion hasnt changed of him, he cant pass, shoot, run, he came on in a game last year and he ran round chasing the ball just kickin it anywhere and didnt have a clue what was going on around him. Im not going to slate him anymore cos i dont see the point, the thing is he has been here for 3 years and has done zilch.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:58 am

It may have taken Neil a while to dredge this one back up, but it can't be denied it demonstrates his point about the initial comparison between Diao and Sissoko very well indeed. If you have a look at the Michael Owen thread I started, you'll notice some people changing their stance even within the same topic.
Often opinions on here remind me of that terrible TV show for kids with Mike Reid, "runaround" I think it was called. It's just that people are often afraid of going out on a limb and disagreeing with the hoard. The number of times I've voiced an opinion on a bloke and had the "give him time, remember Pires, it's too early to make a call" brigade get on my case. It may be too early for you, but not me is my retort. People often just want to wait until there is a consensus, they're scared of getting it wrong.
Neils got a point and has proved it. Fairs fair.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:03 am

And Diao's w*nk. (Fairs fair!!!!) :p :laugh:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:08 am

Diao has proven that he is and always was sh!t.

Sissoko was signed not once but twice by Benitez and at a young age as well.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby akumaface » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:00 am

Is he still here? I thought he was gone already.... :angry:
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby matrix » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:19 am

fuc.king a to that  diao has never got started at liverpool  houllier spoke verry highly of him when he came but to say he has been poor is a under statement   its a shambles that guy wore the bird :laugh:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:35 am

with the midfield we now got, i doubt diao will get a look in. better he ply his trade elsewhere.
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby azriahmad » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:10 am

Despite his younger age, Sissoko has shown that he is miles better than Diao.

Diao was probably average or just decent before he came to us, and being played sparingly and out of his natural position in defence or in defensive midfield and getting skinned by the opposition on the rare occassion he played probably contributed to a collapse in confidence and then resulting in poor displays.

That's the thing about Houllier. Buys a player, plays him out of position and expect miracles, then drops him and plays him on the odd occassions, still out of position and yet still expect miracles. If the player continues to fail to impress, Houllier won't give him much support on the man management side. Then, he goes out and buys another player. This cycle will keep on repeating on and on and on.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:46 am

Garymac wrote:
neil wrote:
Garymac wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:Shame Houllier never gave him the extended run he deserved.

Hahahaha good one cool hand luke  :D   :laugh:  :D

Yes Gary, you seem to have alot of posts and people to laugh at,having just read your 'bandwagon' sarcasm in the "I may be going out on a limb" thread.
Another tip- never eat yellow snow.

Sorry about taking the p!ss out of a thread you brought up from a year ago to try and make a point with, Diao was sh!t in 2002 when we signed him, he was still sh!t in 2004 and even today my opinion hasnt changed of him, he cant pass, shoot, run, he came on in a game last year and he ran round chasing the ball just kickin it anywhere and didnt have a clue what was going on around him. Im not going to slate him anymore cos i dont see the point, the thing is he has been here for 3 years and has done zilch.

no you just don't get it do you! When I ponted out that some people happened to have felt the Diou had POTENTIAL, and I was comparing that expectation to your current expectation of sissoko.You then took the :censored:.I went to some lengths to qualify my stance, granted, however this is what it takes to show ignorant people(thats you too LIVERPOOLANYTIME) that there are many differing opinions, and yours is no more important, that it gives you the right to dismiss anothers.
Sissoko HAS the potential to be very good, but that has to be tempered with the fact that we have heard it all before, too often!
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:19 am

Diao was given a raw deal by Houllier, he impressed me in his first season when he had a run of about 10 games when he filled in for Hamann. Then in the next season when Hamann had an extended injury Houllier put Gerrard in the Hamann role and put Smicer next to him. Then Houllier decided to play him out of position against Bolton in the Carling Cup and then blames him for not performing and makes him a scapegoat.

Diao may or may not be worth the money we paid for him but I still think that he was treated quiet badly by Houllier and is a much better player than he has shown us.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AlanHansen » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:43 am

We should give him another season out on loan, to a team where he can fit in, and then sell him on - we have too many good players in the centre now.
AlanHansen

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:45 am

There is no doubt that we should get rid of him now, his squad number has been given to Crouch and he is simply taking wages for nothing (Can't blame him for that). Hopefully he will find a new club before the deadline.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:49 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Diao was given a raw deal by Houllier, he impressed me in his first season when he had a run of about 10 games when he filled in for Hamann. Then in the next season when Hamann had an extended injury Houllier put Gerrard in the Hamann role and put Smicer next to him. Then Houllier decided to play him out of position against Bolton in the Carling Cup and then blames him for not performing and makes him a scapegoat.

Diao may or may not be worth the money we paid for him but I still think that he was treated quiet badly by Houllier and is a much better player than he has shown us.

There is alot of truth in what you say, something went badly wrong for this guy, maybe there was guilt by association(diuof) amongst his teamates, losing the managers confidence justified or not certainly did'nt help.Benitez comes in and while the player expects a fresh start, most people still see him as synonomous with all that was bad under GH. Shame really cause he did have potential.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jammydodger » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:38 am

May aswell keep him... who's stupid enough to take him from us???

Everton might sign him actually :p
jammydodger

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:22 pm

I like Diao's agent.  He knows Liverpool don't want his player, and over the last 3 months, he has linked him to about 8-9 clubs.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls