Salif diao - Have you seen enough of him ?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Salif diao - Have you seen enough of him ?

Yes, its time to cut our losses and get rid
63%
No, the lad deserves the chance to show what he can do
37%

Total votes : 49

Postby ckay » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:24 am

Give the lad a chance. If he still can't cut it under a new manager then get rid. Until then, lets see what he can do for the team.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:39 am

Its a decision of whether or not Benitez see's him as a player that he likes and feels suits his approach
He definately hasnt had a fair run in his correct position much like his fellow countryman
I think that loaning him may be a good idea to see how he gets on!
Last edited by Redtribe on Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:47 am

I totally agree we havent seen enough af diao but at the same time i havent seen anything at all from him in the past which makes him warrant the right to wear the liverpool shirt, wether it be for senegal, liverpool or his previous clubs i dont ever remember seeing the lad and thinkin "i wouldnt mind him at liverpool". At best he is average, why do you think portsmouth are the only team intrested in him, its because they are at best average,and if u wanna win the league average isnt good enough.

And Babbel is going to Stuttgart today, just heared on radio then
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:47 am

Lets swap him for Berger:D,
No offence to him but when Stevie G said he wanted 3 world class player's to come in Im sure one of them would have been someone he could play alongside in the middle. Diao hasnt had a chance really in the centre, has looked a liability in defence and has the Houllier comparison curse 'he will become our viera'. I think its time for a new start for both of us.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:07 pm

I consider Diao to be an accomplished Midfielder and I have stated as much in numerous posts  albeit much angst  from people with opposing views  . (My First Threads)
I consider Diao’s performances in Midfield have been more than effective and his capabilities have been visible for all to see ,although his appearances have been rare .

The Arsenal game at Anfield exemplifies how dominant and inventive with the ball he can be .
And when he was utilised as a Midfielder  don’t forget Liverpool where top of the league

So I see Diao as a player Liverpool should retain and  then allow Benitez to use his talent  to our advantage .
:D :D :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:08 pm

But thats just my opinion  :D :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AHAK » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:06 pm

diao is NOT a holding player he is more of a box to box player.  When he'told to sit he looks uncomfortable and ******.  When he's allowed to go forward a bit like he did when he partnered Didi (anyone looks good with Didi) he showd nice touches and made great runs into the box scoring a few.  I'd keep him and release the shackels a bit.
AHAK

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:09 pm

I'd probably go along with that althougth i'd word it differently.

He's not as bad as some people think and "MAYBE" thats a big maybe could offer us a bit more than Hamann nowadays. I'm of the opinion we've seen the best of Hamann even though he's still a bit of class, so maybe Diao can show what he can do under Benitez. This season's his last chance, if he makes it then sound, if not, he's gotta go.
115-1073096938

Postby supersub » Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:47 am

agree!
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:03 pm

keep him for the below reasons :
1)cover for gerrard and hamann (if no other central midfielders come).
2)Not as bad as what people had made him out to be.
3)Looked good during the first 10 games he played.
4)Capable of replacing hamann if not hamann's long term replacement.
4)No club willing to even pay a million for him. :D
Last edited by The_Rock on Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:18 pm

we need to trim the squad desperately at lfc and personally i think diao should be in that trimming!
we got rid of heskey cheyrou and babbel but we shouldnt stop there
imo also to go should be:
diao
diouf
traore
biscan
diarra
these players are dead wood who we need to get off our wage bill!
:cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:23 pm

I still remember Diaos' performance for Senegal in the world cup, and for those of you with the memory of a goldfish he was outstanding !!! I applauded Houlier when we bought him , I thought it was a better purchase than that of his countryman Diouff.
Throughout that tournament Diao was as solid as a rock , playing midfield and pushing forward , was rarely more than 10-15 yards behind Diouff ,laying balls through to him and snapping up loose balls when the Senagelese attack broke down.He ran and ran for ninety minutes and proved to be as tough as nails , never bottled out of a challenge and although he didn't show "flair" and "party tricks" for me he was one of the best midfielders at that world cup.
What happened after he came to Liverpool is still a mystery to me . I can only put it down to the way he has (or has not) been used during his time with us.
Diao is a quality player and should be given the chance to show what he can do in our midfield with a decent run of 1st team games . Use Gerrard as the holding midfielder ( Stu the Reds' favoured position for Stevie) and let Diao push forward.
The lad deserves a decent opportunity to prove himself before we label him as "not good enough" :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby barnesrush » Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:14 pm

couldnt agree more woof woof
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby mistyred » Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:18 pm

:D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eazy-E » Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:09 pm

Dalglish wrote:Players aren't ruined by Managers ???  Gerrard, Owen, Hyppia, Maccallister, Rise, Carragher, Baros etc.....weren't ruined.

I have to disagree i think Heskey was ruined remember how good he was during the 00/01 and 01/02 season's he was scoring for the craic. I think the player's you listed will really perform under Rafa and then you will see that Houllier messed up their confidence.  :kungfu:
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

''I kick :censored: and i take names. You're in my pocket. Shut your mouth. Rest your gums. I own you bitch.''
Eazy-E

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls