Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:07 pm

If i was him i would go on loan, play my best and wait and see if there is way back for him next year as Rodgers is highly likely to get the boot this season if results are poor. With a new manager in charge he may actually want to try and use him effectively, Rodgers use of Ballotelli and Lambert was criminal last season.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:29 pm

A 50 page thread flatters Balotelli, he's not worthy of 5...
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:21 pm

When all is said and done he will be a worse Aquilani, going back for less and with the club paying some of his wages.
Just one out of many embarrassing signings these past few years though.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:24 pm

Fowler_E7 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:07 pm wrote:If i was him i would go on loan, play my best and wait and see if there is way back for him next year as Rodgers is highly likely to get the boot this season if results are poor. With a new manager in charge he may actually want to try and use him effectively, Rodgers use of Ballotelli and Lambert was criminal last season.

I'm not against keeping him for another season, but the lad appears to have the brain power of a rabbit dropping. I just think he might be too dumb to work it out.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:55 pm

Penguins wrote:When all is said and done he will be a worse Aquilani, going back for less and with the club paying some of his wages.
Just one out of many embarrassing signings these past few years though.

Aquilani's record was decent.
Balotelli's is sh'it
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:20 pm

Apparently we want 7 million for him.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:14 pm

He's been dragged through the gutter again unfairly again IMO.
The best thing he could do is move on which if the asking price is only 7mil then it shouldn't be a problem.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:15 am

to be frank IMHO he has had some shocking treatment. yes he had a poor season and you can question his attitude...however Rogers has made it plain he is not in his plans and put him out in the cold. He is certainly a better option than origi.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:22 pm

crazyhorse » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:15 am wrote:to be frank IMHO he has had some shocking treatment. yes he had a poor season and you can question his attitude...however Rogers has made it plain he is not in his plans and put him out in the cold. He is certainly a better option than origi.

I agree with this. I've said all along that Mario is more a failing of BR than himself. All kinds of people become footballers. Ballotelli seems childish. That's been known for a long time, before we signed him. Rodgers has either failed, or not bothered to try and get anything out of him. Balotelli is paid to play and BR is paid to manage the club and players, no matter what their character or background. Can anyone honestly say Rodgers has done that with regards to Balo? We've had troublesome players before. Plenty of them. I'm not sure Rodgers has the know-how that other managers have.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:38 pm

RedAnt » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:22 am wrote:
crazyhorse » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:15 am wrote:to be frank IMHO he has had some shocking treatment. yes he had a poor season and you can question his attitude...however Rogers has made it plain he is not in his plans and put him out in the cold. He is certainly a better option than origi.

I agree with this. I've said all along that Mario is more a failing of BR than himself. All kinds of people become footballers. Ballotelli seems childish. That's been known for a long time, before we signed him. Rodgers has either failed, or not bothered to try and get anything out of him. Balotelli is paid to play and BR is paid to manage the club and players, no matter what their character or background. Can anyone honestly say Rodgers has done that with regards to Balo? We've had troublesome players before. Plenty of them. I'm not sure Rodgers has the know-how that other managers have.

Agreed, Ballotelli is a flawed talent and its the managers job to get something out of him, every other team he has played for has managed to get at least a decent showing out of him yet at Liverpool he has done nothing, that clearly shows where the root of the problem lies. Rodgers has made it clear from day 1 that he has no interest in fitting Ballotelli into his plans or playing a system that can the best out of him and has generally treated him like a leper.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:41 pm

Balotelli scored 1 (yes 1) goal in his last 17 Premiership games before joining Liverpool. Obviously that was down to BR as well !! Benteke has shown more in one game than Balotelli has since joining. As for suggesting he is a better option than Origi personally I think it is to early to call that one. I do however believe that Balotelli would not have scored the goal that Origi did against Helsinki !!

The reason Mario is being treated like a stupid child is because he behaves like one. You only have to watch him and his friends travelling around Formby on scooters to realise that  :help
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:10 pm

devaney » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:41 pm wrote:Balotelli scored 1 (yes 1) goal in his last 17 Premiership games before joining Liverpool. Obviously that was down to BR as well !! Benteke has shown more in one game than Balotelli has since joining. As for suggesting he is a better option than Origi personally I think it is to early to call that one. I do however believe that Balotelli would not have scored the goal that Origi did against Helsinki !!

The reason Mario is being treated like a stupid child is because he behaves like one. You only have to watch him and his friends travelling around Formby on scooters to realise that  :help

So what if he buzzes around on a scooter? Some buzz around on laughing gas. Some buzz around on ho's! He's still an LFC player. Some reckon that warrants instance and continuos loyalty. Not me. I doubt Mario is massively loyal himself. But he's done ok for Italy and several clubs 'bigger' than us. He's not a bad player. Just very, very tempremental. To me, his ineffect for us comes from very poor morale and that comes from several factors. And again, to me, the main factor is Rodgers whose job, among other things, is to make sure players bond and gel, especially NEW players. Is it Rodgers job to shun him almost from the beginning, or to use that great man-managing mind and find a way to include the lad, wether he wanted him or not?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:14 pm

Lets face facts here ,he was never going to get the obligatory arm around the shoulder treatment from the current manager ,unlike Sterling who walked around with his tongue firmly embedded in his rip. Its no surprise really that Balotelli's performances for the reds seen an 84% reduction in creative output
in comparison to his performances for other teams ,the same for Lambert who also has a 80% drop in creativity

The following stats are lifted from Liverpool -Kop.com

Balotelli
* Season pre-LFC: 25 goals/assists in 39 apps

* Goal/assist every 1.5 games (32 starts)

* Last season at LFC: 4 goals/0 assists in 28 apps.

* Goal/assist every 7 games (14 starts)

* 84% reduction in creative output

* MC/AC/Inter: 88 goals/36 assists (124) in 220 apps

* Goal/assist every 1.7 games

Lambert

LAMBERT

* Season pre-LFC: 25 goals/assists in 39 apps

* Goal/assist every 1.5 games (35 starts)

* Last season at LFC: 3 goals/2 assists in 36 apps

* Goal/assist every 7.2 games (12 starts)

* 80% reduction in creative output

* Southampton: 115 goals/68 assists (183) in 229 apps

* Goal/assist every 1.2 games

BALOTELLI/LAMBERT COMBINED (Season pre-LFC)

* 50 goals/assists in 78 apps.

* Goal/assist every 1.5 games.

Damning ,and the finger only points one way ,the fucking dugout !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:44 pm

devaney » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:41 pm wrote:Balotelli scored 1 (yes 1) goal in his last 17 Premiership games before joining Liverpool. Obviously that was down to BR as well !! Benteke has shown more in one game than Balotelli has since joining. As for suggesting he is a better option than Origi personally I think it is to early to call that one. I do however believe that Balotelli would not have scored the goal that Origi did against Helsinki !!

I was under the impression the games he played prior to joining Liverpool were in Serie a for Milan  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:13 pm

Calm down, calm down.

di Maria, bought for 61 million sold for 44m, loss of 16 million.
Paid 200k a week for a year = 10 million.

One player cost United 26 million quid in just 12 months.... how the f is football economics sustainable?

In comparison Balotelli is a fly in the ointment, lets get over it and move on.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion