Liverpool vs Arsenal Sun 27th 4pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:46 am

woof woof ! » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:28 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:37 pm wrote:
Can reminded me of Graeme Souness out there today, big, strong, great on the ball and completely dominant in the middle of the park. I think that probably wasn't far off Emre's best performance in a red shirt myself.

:nod  Completely agree, and as others have suggested we should get the fella's contract sorted damn quick. If he carries on producing that kind of form he's gotta be regarded as essential to our midfield.

Give him what he wants before somebody else does !

Easier said than done.
Players and agents are beginning to learn that their football business is as important as their football craft.
I'd be surprised if he didn't just run his contract down - That puts him and his agent in prime position.
World Cup year - One good season and the world is his oyster -
So why sign a new deal?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:12 pm

Couldn't watch the game (work) but caught the highlights. Fantastic performance from what I'd seen and result. It's too early in the season to get carried away one way or the other but I'm glad we seemingly sorted out the situation with the 3 in the middle. Never a good idea with the side we have having 2 midfielders sitting; it takes away from our presssing and possession game. we're as good as anyone in pressing and countering, if we can sort out our crossing and create better against defenses that sit deep we could go on to score as many if not more than we did last season, with or without coutinho. Defensively there's still work to be done but our focus will always be on outscoring the opposition.

On Can, he's worth the 100k given his improvement year on year. Wrap it up. He'll want to sign an extension as every player in his position would. His reputation isn't high enough that a season ending injury wouldn't affect his value going into free agency.he can always pull a coutinho if he has a fantastic season and clubs now pay huge signing on fees regardless of the fee paid upfront to clubs.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:03 pm

Jesus we were good on Sunday, every player busting a gut for the team,so impressed with Gomez's performance the lad was superb, Can was colossal and I couldn't believe how good Wjinaldum's close control was even when he was hemmed in by two players the poise that lad has on the ball really is Barnes like. All the players worked like Trojans to deny Arsenal any space to play their usual game closing down any supply to Sanchez and co.

On another note ,I couldn't wait to get home from Anfield to watch MOTD to hear what the pundits said about what I believe was a practically flawless tactical performance,only to listen to the entire rundown dedicated to how bad Arsenal were rather than the reds being unplayable, I shouldn't be surprised really, the Mancs first game against West Ham was almost  heralded as a title winning performance despite the Hammers being in significantly more trouble than Arsenal ,yet the pundits preference was to talk about how good United were rather than their opponents defensive ineptitude.

However,back on track our football was that good on Sunday it has to send a fierce warning to the rest of Europe and the Premiership,Liverpool are currently the best attacking side in the league, I mean last season, I thought teams found it nigh on impossible defending  against that type of speed and movement ,and it seems the manager has raised the bar even higher this season with Salah. :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:31 pm

No complaints here  :D Thought we were outstanding and it could have been worse for them  :nod
Gomez I thought was excellent and he did unbelievably well against Sanchez. Emre should be on an equal footing to Henderson and be paid just as much, Another top performance from the lad. Overall very few dodgy moments with a deserved clean sheet and a great performance from the team  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:03 pm

Not only did we thrash the f*****s we also stole one of their more promising players :buttrock
Franky000

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:40 pm

Franky000 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:03 pm wrote:Not only did we thrash the f*****s we also stole one of their more promising players :buttrock

f*ck me we've signed Bellerin
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games