PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:36 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:31 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:29 pm wrote:Why have we sold him NOW and not in July? It makes no sense.

I would panic if I were you lot in here, as this has messed up our season big time.
I doubt we will win the champions league, and we may not get 4th spot either, as a result of this. Unless Klopp signs somebody now.

We will have to rely on Hendo, Milner, Can etc in Midfield, which is a joke.

Can the club not offload that trio also, as they are doing my nut in.

Coutinho going on strike would mess up our season big time...Klopp's done his best but the lad wants to go. We have to trust the gaffer on this one.

Coutinho must've cried infront of Klopp like a kid about his desperation to go. For the team it isn't a good situation having a player who doesn't want to be there.
I trust Kopp and I'm sure he will get an adequate replacement or replacements.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:38 pm

This is not a one off, we sell our best players these days, that's how we roll as a club.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:40 pm

Klopptomaniac » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:31 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:29 pm wrote:Why have we sold him NOW and not in July? It makes no sense.

I would panic if I were you lot in here, as this has messed up our season big time.
I doubt we will win the champions league, and we may not get 4th spot either, as a result of this. Unless Klopp signs somebody now.

Cos with Phil we were gonna walk the Champions League weren't we?

Can always depend on you to keep the glass half full mate.

I'm not saying we would walk it, but we had half a chance with the Fab Four. Now,unless we rely on Salah all season, like we did Gerrard, I can't see a positive outcome this season.
Salah and Coutinho were the only match winners we had, really.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:41 pm

I just knew this would happen after the VVD signing as with our owners it just wasn't possible they
would fork out that kind of money without the coffers filled already.
As always they'll invest this money and the lemmings will be out in full force defending these losers
after they once again invest nothing of their own money into the club.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:42 pm

Salah is our main forward if he is injured we are screwed so i feel Klopp should sign a proper quality CF.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:43 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:38 pm wrote:This is not a one off, we sell our best players these days, that's how we roll as a club.

And that is why we'll never win the league, unfortunately, with that policy (being a selling club).

So what is this project of Klopps exactly, can anyone tell me!?
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:43 pm

Penguins » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:41 pm wrote:I just knew this would happen after the VVD signing as with our owners it just wasn't possible they
would fork out that kind of money without the coffers filled already.
As always they'll invest this money and the lemmings will be out in full force defending these losers
after they once again invest nothing of their own money into the club.

Bit early for the FSG OUT banners, don't you think?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:45 pm

redshade » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:42 pm wrote:Salah is our main forward if he is injured we are screwed so i feel Klopp should sign a proper quality CF.

The rest haven't got a clue how to score. Remember the start of the season, when we could not put the ball in the net.
If salah gets a long lay off, we are b*ggered.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:51 pm

Also, as someone else said, we should stop signing Latin / South American players also, as they all want to go to Barcelona / Madrid etc or leave our club. As per Suarez, Alonso, Torres, etc, all wanted out.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:54 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:43 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:38 pm wrote:This is not a one off, we sell our best players these days, that's how we roll as a club.

And that is why we'll never win the league, unfortunately, with that policy (being a selling club).

What is the point of this post exactly, can anyone tell me?

You obviously haven't read the gaffer's statement. You've obviously haven't noticed that Klopp's big money buys are stella. You obviously haven't got a clue
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:08 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:54 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:43 pm wrote:

You obviously haven't read the gaffer's statement. You've obviously haven't noticed that Klopp's big money buys are stella. You obviously haven't got a clue

Oh but I do...

It looks like the VVD buy was with the Coutinho cash, but I'd like Klopp to bring in a big midfield name, to restore any faith we are heading the right way.

We haven't won a single trophy yet under Klopp, not even a carabo Cup, and it looks like it will be hard this season also. So I wouldn't start high-fiving about klopps reign just yet..
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:09 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:35 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:31 pm wrote:

Coutinho going on strike would mess up our season big time...Klopp's done his best but the lad wants to go. We have to trust the gaffer on this one.

That's all very well..  but show me suitable replacements!?  we could do with bringing some one in now.
I hope Jurgen has got a trick up his sleeve as we don't get Keita till the summer, plus it's a world cup this year, so transfers in the summer will be tricky.

Coutinho was hardly a world beater when he walked through the door, we need to be smart about our business here.

I trust Jurgen completely to pull us through this.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red_indian » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:10 pm

Which club has ever managed to hang on to an unhappy player?

It’s nothing to do with the manager or owners in this case I think. Barce tried the unhappy player wants out get him on the cheap routine.

Worst thing was not playing in August because he was ‘injured’. That could have cost us a CL spot. Who knew Salah would bed in so well and so quickly.

When all that failed they had to pay an appropriate price for a player in contract and we held firm till we got it. Don’t think anyone can argue with the money paid.

Let’s all move on and prove again that this is a great club and will always be about more than just one individual.
red_indian

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:20 pm

You obviously haven't read the gaffer's statement. You've obviously haven't noticed that Klopp's big money buys are stella. You obviously haven't got a clue[/quote]
Oh but I do...

It looks like the VVD buy was with the Coutinho cash, but I'd like Klopp to bring in a big midfield name, to restore any faith we are heading the right way.

We haven't won a single trophy yet under Klopp, not even a carabo Cup, and it looks like it will be hard this season also. So I wouldn't start high-fiving about klopps reign just yet..[/quote]

Where to start - there's only 2 top tier trophies in football now. Finishing in the top 4 comes before the Europa League, League Cup and FA Cup now so you can't just measure his success by number of trophies in this day and age.

What it looks like to you doesn't matter, I personally don't think the Coutinho money has been spent on VVD but we have until the end of August to conckude who's right and who's wrong on that one. Big names don't necessarily mean big success so be wary of just heading after big names one after another - as Man U are figuring out.

Even calling us a selling club is ridiculous. Barca are the only club our big names have went to - I may give you Sterling but big name he most certainly isn't.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby electrum » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:25 pm

So he has gone... and many here are talking about an adequate replacement.

My major concern is that we are selling our BEST players regularly and eventually our targets are going to wonder why they should bother signing when our recent history would lead any betting man to place money on Salah being gone within 2 years as well as Mane..why would any top player (world class) join a never-ending "rebuild project"?

It seems that once we have a label as a selling/ feeder club we will be seen (are seen ?) as a stepping stone in the up and coming star players careers - nothing more. I fear for our future as a major force in the EPL now - I really do.

The first thing we should have done is brought Phil's replacement in this window and let him go in the summer as a minimum.

I do not see FSG spending 100m on Lemar or anybody else in this window- I would love to be proven wrong.

So, as it stands our creative midfield  sparks are : Hendo ( mediocrity personified), Lallana  (rusty and injuries may well take their toll on the level he reaches)  , Wijnaldum  (ho hum) and Can (gone in spirit if not in body to Juve)

Top four is in serious doubt as it stands.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion