NEW STADIUM - All News + discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby grayghost » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:57 pm

The plans for the new stadium are compleat and will be presented to the council on the 18th june and to the puplic shorterly after.

"The new stadium will be built around a new Kop and will be playing to its tune."

That comment more than any the new owners have made has rearly got me excited about the new stadium. A huge KOP 18.ooo strong singing YNWA it sends shivers down my spine can't wait to see it.  :nod
grayghost

Postby Salty Sock » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:22 pm

I can't wait to feel that air when entering into it for the first time :)
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Postby tommycockles » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:45 pm

is there a link to this story (not complaining just wondering is there was any other info)?

Cheers!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:04 pm

dont worry when we get our new stadium section all the info will be there  :p
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:11 pm

Manhattan is curious to see this new design.

We are American-owned, so I expect something flashy.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:11 pm

tommycockles wrote:is there a link to this story (not complaining just wondering is there was any other info)?

Cheers!

I robed the info of the offical site on there message boards.

New stadium reported to be 68.000 with room for expansion.
grayghost

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:42 pm

I see they have to resubmit the plans to the council for approval.... we all know what that could mean. :pirate
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:46 pm

Reg wrote:I see they have to resubmit the plans to the council for approval.... we all know what that could mean. :pirate

Great stuff, cant wait
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby GOAT » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:42 pm

68,000 seater with room for expansion, fantastic
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:24 pm

GOAT wrote:68,000 seater with room for expansion, fantastic

I'm currently a bit sceptical that the new plans will feature an increase to the capacity. I've said elsewhere that any capacity increase will result in new planning approval having to be sought that could take a couple of years to clear should the government call it in for scrutiny.
I personally think that we're gonna see the current 60,000 planned capacity kept with the provision for expansion. The design has been labelled as unique by Tom Hicks designed around the KOP. I'd like to see something that is quite unique and very futuristic in a similar vain to the Allianz Arena in Germany.

I just hope to god that it's not something like the outside of Upton Park which looks like something created for an amusement park -
hmm, love those turrets.  :suspect:
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:30 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:

I'm currently a bit sceptical that the new plans will feature an increase to the capacity. I've said elsewhere that any capacity increase will result in new planning approval having to be sought that could take a couple of years to clear should the government call it in for scrutiny.
I personally think that we're gonna see the current 60,000 planned capacity kept with the provision for expansion. The design has been labelled as unique by Tom Hicks designed around the KOP. I'd like to see something that is quite unique and very futuristic in a similar vain to the Allianz Arena in Germany.

I just hope to god that it's not something like the outside of Upton Park which looks like something created for an amusement park -

Hmm well it does say in the story that planning approval has been resubmitted...

IC Liverpool
Spectacular’ new stadium plans to go before council
LIVERPOOL FC co-owner Tom Hicks yesterday revealed that new “spectacular” plans for the proposed stadium at Stanley Park will be submitted to the city council before the end of this month.
A team of US architects have completely re-drawn the plans for the new stadium that will create a spectacular home for the club, Mr Hicks said in an interview in the US.
It is likely the new plans will be delivered to the council offices at Millennium House around June 28 to enable planning officers to assess the revised scheme.
Last night, the city council’s regeneration executive member, Mike Storey, said the city had “struck oil” when the club was taken over by Mr Hicks and his business partner George Gillette.
In the interview, Mr Hicks said he is keen to show fans the finished design for the club’s new stadium, to be built close to the current Anfield ground in Stanley Park.
“The design is now final, it’s spectacular and I can’t wait for everybody to see it,” he said. “I think our fans will love it, it’s very creative arch- itecture, very contem- porary but also unique to Liverpool. It is all centred around the Kop.”
The club’s new home is expected to be finished in time for the start of the 2010 season.
Cllr Storey, who has had a number of briefings about the emerging scheme, said: “There really will be a wow factor when people see the new scheme.
“The design has been radically changed and I am sure that people in the city will realise we have struck oil by having two people with the wherewithal to produce such a stunning scheme.
“They really have got the business experience and the eye for detail that will put the new Liverpool stadium on the world map.”
A spokesman for the city council said last night: “Because the design has changed, a new planning permission will be necessary. We understand that the club will be submitting its new plans within a matter of weeks.”
It is expected that the new design will incorp- orate an expanded cap- acity of up to 68,000 compared to the curren- ly permitted 61,000, with the potential for further expansion in the future.
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:46 pm

GOAT wrote:
RUSHIE#9 wrote:

Hmm well it does say in the story that planning approval has been resubmitted...

IC Liverpool
Spectacular’ new stadium plans to go before council
LIVERPOOL FC co-owner Tom Hicks yesterday revealed that new “spectacular” plans for the proposed stadium at Stanley Park will be submitted to the city council before the end of this month.
A team of US architects have completely re-drawn the plans for the new stadium that will create a spectacular home for the club, Mr Hicks said in an interview in the US.
It is likely the new plans will be delivered to the council offices at Millennium House around June 28 to enable planning officers to assess the revised scheme.
Last night, the city council’s regeneration executive member, Mike Storey, said the city had “struck oil” when the club was taken over by Mr Hicks and his business partner George Gillette.
In the interview, Mr Hicks said he is keen to show fans the finished design for the club’s new stadium, to be built close to the current Anfield ground in Stanley Park.
“The design is now final, it’s spectacular and I can’t wait for everybody to see it,” he said. “I think our fans will love it, it’s very creative arch- itecture, very contem- porary but also unique to Liverpool. It is all centred around the Kop.”
The club’s new home is expected to be finished in time for the start of the 2010 season.
Cllr Storey, who has had a number of briefings about the emerging scheme, said: “There really will be a wow factor when people see the new scheme.
“The design has been radically changed and I am sure that people in the city will realise we have struck oil by having two people with the wherewithal to produce such a stunning scheme.
“They really have got the business experience and the eye for detail that will put the new Liverpool stadium on the world map.”
A spokesman for the city council said last night: “Because the design has changed, a new planning permission will be necessary. We understand that the club will be submitting its new plans within a matter of weeks.”
It is expected that the new design will incorp- orate an expanded cap- acity of up to 68,000 compared to the curren- ly permitted 61,000, with the potential for further expansion in the future.

??? Interesting. I'd have thought that a new planning application would've ruled out having the stadium open by the proposed date but if that is still the agenda maybe they won't have to go through a full process. Cllr Storey also seems to be very much in favour of getting this thing off the ground so hopefully the council aren't gonna put too many obstacles in the clubs path over the new design. Just hope that other bluenose geezer (leader of the council Bradley(?)doesn't let any jealousy get the better of him and put the blocks on it. :angry:

I can't wait to see it.  :wwww

68,000 will be a very impressive capacity. I always felt that the original design of 61,000 was very conservative and the design itself didn't allow for expansion which struck me as being very short sighted by Moores & Parry.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:37 pm

i reckon it took so long before because there was alot more work involved because of the detail that had to go into the surrounding area and the club trying to find the finances, money is now not a problem and where only dealing with the actual stadium, yes its changed and more likely slightly bigger but i doubt if it strays to far off the original plan, the main difference will be the capacity to increase the attendance once transport links to the stadium can be sorted. also lets not forget unless we fill the stadium week in week in we may not need to increase it.

There really will be a wow factor when people see the new scheme :D
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:58 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:

I suggest a flanking attack, weakening the outer walls and the artillery sections of their army, the archers and cannons will hit the enemy allowing our cavalry to drive straight down the middle.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:21 pm

Rafa and the new owners will unvail the new stadium along with new players Henry and Tevez next week.

And then i woke up :D :D
grayghost

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion