newcastle
14%
bolton
24%
charlton
No votes

Total votes : 21

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:22 pm

a few teams have made good signings pre-season, and the competition looks better this year. of course someone has to finish lower than the rest.

if we exclude the 3 newcomers and the bluesh**  (cos they are fu****). who out of the above will miss out on europe and fail to make an impact?

if you fancy puttin the league placings of the above that would be interestin.

i reckon.....

5th  middlesbrough
6th  newcastle
7th  fulham
8th  birmingham
9th  charlton
10th  aston villa
11th  blackburn
12th  bolton

i dont know about tottenham but i reckon they're destined to fall on their ar**   again. santini's a blagger.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:27 pm

there's no way fulham will finish that high. i can see newcastle falling from grace this season. they're an arrogant club from top to bottom who claim to be a "big club" despite having won bugger all for about 40 years. birmingham will be the surprise package.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:30 pm

I have a soft spot for Middlesboro and often look for their scores on a Saturday and study their form, but they underachieved in the last year or two.

They brought in some very good players during the close season and look very decent on paper, but I reckon they could underachieve again.

Expect Birmingham to have another good season.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby cheesecakery » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:33 pm

you in bed probably  :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby JBG » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:37 pm

???  ???  ???

:D 
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby madred » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:44 pm

I really do hope its Newcastle because Stmichael you were right about their arrogance. I spoke to a geordie the other week and all he could go on about was the fact that Newcastle's attendences are higher and Liverpool gates are poor in comparison. He honestly believed that Newcastle are a bigger club despite never hardly winning anything in their history. It seemed to sum the lot of them up to me.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:48 pm

I think NEwcastle will destroy themselves when they oust Sir Bobby.  It's been obvious that Shearer has been promised the job and i reacon he will balls it up.  Take it from me, next christmas it will be NEwcastle in the bottom half of the league and Alan 'Mr Newcastle' Shearer getting the sack! :suspect:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:01 pm

i think fulham, birmingham and middlesbrough are the three best organised teams out of all them.middlesbrough have bought well, their solidity is now matched with a strike force. fulham have a strike force again (not great however), and their resilience is quite admirable, they will do ok again. newcastle have experience of the prem which is vital.
it will be battle in mid table and i'm praying (but confident) that we dont/wont get dragged into it.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby thecatsmeow » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:10 pm

I really do hope its Newcastle because Stmichael you were right about their arrogance. I spoke to a geordie the other week and all he could go on about was the fact that Newcastle's attendences are higher and Liverpool gates are poor in comparison. He honestly believed that Newcastle are a bigger club despite never hardly winning anything in their history. It seemed to sum the lot of them up to me.

talking of arrogance at the moment i would lump us in with that lot. I dont think we have moved along at all since last season.. sorry im been so negative but i really am finding it hard to be optimistic new manager and all....i am presuming that jim put us in top 4 not below 12th  :D
thecatsmeow

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:29 pm

stmichael wrote:there's no way fulham will finish that high. i can see newcastle falling from grace this season. they're an arrogant club from top to bottom who claim to be a "big club" despite having won bugger all for about 40 years. birmingham will be the surprise package.

Thats a bit harsh St Mick. The Geordies love their club as much as we love ours . I've never heard a Geordie putting LFC down , I think they have a respect for us and I do for them.
(At least until they start winning more than us.)  :D   :D

Aston Villa
Newcastle
Middlesboro
Birmingham
Charlton
Bolton
Fulham
Blackburn

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby madred » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:28 pm

Thecatsmeow you really do need to get rid of that rope around your neck and get some prozac down ya fella. Tell us who you wanted to appoint because you are 1 of two people on this forum who seem to have no faith in Benitez at all. You were probably shouting the loudest for Houllier to go because we need a top class manager and we get one and you are still not happy. Or is it because he hasnt signed Figo, Shevchenko, Zidane and co??? Maybe you think we should not get excited about the new season and go to the city game with your attitude?
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thecatsmeow » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:46 pm

hey im not against rafa at all ..though would probably preffered somone with premiership experience ...curbishley or strachan would have done...look at the facts wenger is the only foreign coach to have any success..lots have tried .. im sorry i sound down but every season for about the last ten yrs ive started off thinking this is it we have so and so or thank god so and so has gone and we havnt had a sniff of a champoinship ...i just find it difficult to believe that houllier was so inept that rafa can take the same team and make them winners..everyone else seems to think we are a definate bet for a top 4 place..i was just saying on last yrs performance how can you put us in a little league with man ure arsenal and chelski...we were miles behind them ..yes i wanted GH out ..and want a few new boys in but when it comes to the whistle for the start of the new season i will be behind and cheering on whoever wears the red shirt even if its f***ing teletubbies
thecatsmeow

Postby madred » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:37 pm

Fair comment but did you honestly want the likes of Strachan or Curbishley in charge of us? Both just didnt have the cv's to take over a club as big as ours. Im not saying they are bad managers as both have done very good jobs at the clubs they have been at (with the exception of Strachan getting Coventry relegated). What have these two done though to merit getting a job as big as the Liverpool one? Dont think his (Strachans) links with Man Utd would have gone down too well either. Back to Rafa and you cant help but be impressed with the guy. I watched all 3 games Liverpool played against Valencia while he was in charge and you had to take your hat off and say what a well organised side they were. They made Liverpool look ordinary( i know alot of teams did). Also the results (pre-season) have been good and the players have had nothing but praise for his methods on the training ground. Get some faith because things are going to be good with this guy.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:30 am

thecatsmeow, i thought you was f*ucking off
112-1077774096

Postby Dom1 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:57 am

its a bit of an unusual vote, cos bolton arent really expected to be challenging for europe??
the ywud be happy to survive cos thats the kind of club they are, they tend to surprise a lot of folk tho, but i reckon they will flop big style this season and will be fightin relegation.

Dom1
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Next

Return to Football Related Polls