Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Should roma be thrown out - Of europe?

yes
81%
no
19%

Total votes : 26

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:40 pm

i say chuck them out, if this was an English club we would all be banned  :angry:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:43 pm

yes they should thats no way to behave kiev should be rewarded the match that is no way to behave its just disgusting behave but we all no about there crowd
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:45 pm

What happened? i didn't see the game
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:46 pm

referee got his by a coin walking off at half time and had blood pouring out of his head.  He had sent a Roma player off 2 mins earlier
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red22 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:46 pm

Missile hit the ref...me thinks
red22

Postby red22 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:49 pm

From Sky Sports

There was controversy in the other game in Group B when referee Anders Frisk was hit by a missile from the crowd as he went off at half time.

Roma where 1-0 down following Goran Gavrancic's strike for Dynamo Kiev when defender Philippe Mexes was sent off just on the stroke of half time whistle for an off the ball incident.

The incensed Stadio Olimpico crowd then erupted and Swedish officials Frisk was struck and left bleeding as he made his way off the pitch - and Uefa are certain to come down hard on the Italians
red22

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:50 pm

The match was abandoned after it became clear he couldn't come out for the second half.

Anders Frisk is one of the better refs on the world stage, and for this to happen is just despicable.

I think Roma are in the sh*t after that. I really wouldn't rule out the possibility of them being expelled from the competition.
ivor_the_injun

Postby the great one » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:52 pm

if u throw them out which they deserve will the bring in a next team or keep it as a 3 group im glad we didn't buy mexes now
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:56 pm

They'd just have a three team group, I reckon.
ivor_the_injun

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:58 pm

the Roma fans are animals anyway, their ground is more like Baghdad than a football ground.

chuck 'em out and ban them for a couple of years :suspect:
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:00 pm

They should be banned from playing at home. Find a another location for them to play at.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:07 pm

i remeber reading a bout uefa banning a team from playing in the uropean competiton for crowd viloence lets be honest its not the first time its happened there fans are crimnals.
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:11 pm

Just said on Sky the missile came from the VIP section of the crowd

Had loads of grief in Milan last year watching Wales if any British club behaved the way they do it'll be tara.

Even their old bill seem to think its ok
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:16 pm

yeh and gleen hoodle was saying how he was scared when he was there on sunday watching roma vs forientina when the crowds keept throwin flames at each other. and if v.i.p that must cost a few bob and skysports freezed and you can see the guy throwing somethink after mexes goes down the tunnel
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby who the hell is diarra » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:22 pm

Referee struck at Roma

Roma's Champions League match against Dynamo Kiev was abandoned at half-time after referee Anders Frisk was struck by an object thrown from the crowd.
The Swede was hit as he walked to the tunnel for half-time and left the field with blood dripping from his forehead.

The Roma fans were incensed after Frisk sent off defender Philippe Mexes as he blew the half-time whistle for allegedly pushing a Dynamo player.

The Italian side were trailing 1-0 at that stage to Goran Gavrancic's strike.
Referee struck at Roma
Last edited by who the hell is diarra on Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football Related Polls