Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Should roma be thrown out - Of europe?

yes
81%
no
19%

Total votes : 26

Postby greenred » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:02 pm

thats a disgrace.Frisk is one of the good guys,a top notch referee.Roma should lose the points and play the remaining matches behind closed doors or at a nuetral venue.I wouldnt go overboard on the victimisation of english teams abroad either.The clubs were treated harshly after Heysel but the national team`s supporters have been running riot for twenty years without censure.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:06 pm

greenred wrote:thats a disgrace.Frisk is one of the good guys,a top notch referee.Roma should lose the points and play the remaining matches behind closed doors or at a nuetral venue.I wouldnt go overboard on the victimisation of english teams abroad either.The clubs were treated harshly after Heysel but the national team`s supporters have been running riot for twenty years without censure.

To true m8 :angry:  f#kin england fans and I dont mean all cause im one myself but they are a disgrace I dread the WC 2006 in germany will be riots f#kin everywere:angry:
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:29 pm

did u guyz see on sky sports coverage taht some bearded guy launched a missile  but i dont think that was the guy who hit the ref

I find it absoutley ****** appauling the Frisk said he did not want the match to continue becis the 4th official was not experienced enough
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:31 pm

Frisk said that, what a disgrace and bottling out of the issue

What if he'd been injured e.g. hamstring etc
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:34 pm

It p1sses me off the way the Italian and Turkish fans behave and nothing ever gets done about it but as soon as anything happens regards English clubs Sepp Blaster is straight out to critisis us, I have that coont!!!!  :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:47 pm

Probable penalty :
Huge fine and play next game in an empty stadium. ???
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby XSD » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:49 pm

greenred wrote:thats a disgrace.Frisk is one of the good guys,a top notch referee.

He's a ****** ref, I don't like him.
However he's a professional, and no way is this acceptable fan behaviour. I knew that something like this would have happened when the match was abandoned, typical of the Italians when they are losing.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:51 am

Some of the more senior Liverpool fans will remember the appalling behaviour of the Roma fans and the Italian police after the Reds penalty shoot out win to claim the European Cup in 1984. Some observers have made the connection that the ill feeling  a year later between another Italian club Juventus and Liverpool contributed to the disaster at Heysel and the subsequent 5 year ban for English clubs.

Roma hasn't changed much from those days it would appear and only last season my mate attended the Roma /Lazio derby at the Olympic Stadium and it was in his words "frightening".

Roma should forfeit the game and be made to play their home fixtures behind closed doors. It would be unfair to penalise the club by booting them out although Mexes arguing with the refereee about his sending off when it was obvious he had kicked the defender off the ball definitly fueled the crowd and the player should be banned for an extended period.

Players have to realise their personal responsibuilities for their conduct on the pitch and the effect (good and bad) it can have on the crowd...???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:07 am

Good post Dalglish .Its no coincidence either that the incident occurred at Roma's stadium its also no secret Italian fans carried shooters when Liverpool played them at Heysel ,how long before we witness an official being shot.  Grounds in Italy are notorious for their lethargic security measures they are an accident waiting to happen as tonights match shows  :(
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:11 am

I reckon they will forfeit the game and get a measly fine.

That frisk lad really fancies himself going round with his shirt undone. :D

A few stitches and he would have been fine but no he had to be the drama queen and then refuse to let the 4th official ref ???
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:24 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Good post Dalglish .Its no coincidence either that the incident occurred at Roma's stadium its also no secret Italian fans carried shooters when Liverpool played them at Heysel ,how long before we witness an official being shot.  Grounds in Italy are notorious for their lethargic security measures they are an accident waiting to happen as tonights match shows  :(

Frisk has perhaps gone a bit overboard after the incident but it doesn;t hide the fact that Italian fans can be extremely volatile.

Always disappoints me to se the players get so animated though and contest decisions which only inflames the situation. Mexes reaction to his sending off was shocking .....he got found out by the ref and stands there like the proverbial choir boy all innocent.

Italian and turkish clubs have got away with it for too long
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:37 am

That was Mexe's 2nd dismissal if i am not mistaken one in pre-season as well ,he would have been a liability if he had signed for Liverpool but a good and valid point Dalglish players can inspire a  myriad of emotions from fans and they need to curb there more impulsive moods ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:57 am

Italians fans behaving badly, nothing has  changed in 20 years including  they never get same punishment or headllines that other countries fans get
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:36 am

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:did u guyz see on sky sports coverage taht some bearded guy launched a missile  but i dont think that was the guy who hit the ref

I find it absoutley ****** appauling the Frisk said he did not want the match to continue becis the 4th official was not experienced enough

A UEFA official had this to say.

The referee decided to suspend the match first because he was seriously hurt, and second because he says that his safety - and the safety of his assistants and the fourth man - cannot be guaranteed," a UEFA official told reporters.

that's fair enough, if you were the 4th official you wouldn't want to go out there, in case you made a wrong decison in the roma fan's eyes and there was a picth riot or something else thrown, Roma should be docked points, get a major fine and have to play the remainder of the competiton in an empty stadium or neutral venue.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:15 am

I think the decision to suspend the match is the correct one. After this, they should award the match to Kiev 0-3 (as UEFA had done before in the past), fine Mexes and perhaps ban him for a couple of games and order Roma to play the remainder of their home games "closed doors" at a neutral location. I don't think they should be thrown out for this offence, unless there a bigger scale offence like mass injuries etc.

Asking them to play behind closed doors is punishment enough as they will not have the opportunity to take any gate collections.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls