Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Should roma be thrown out - Of europe?

yes
81%
no
19%

Total votes : 26

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:06 am

adayinthelife wrote:A few stitches and he would have been fine but no he had to be the drama queen and then refuse to let the 4th official ref ???

By abandoning the game the Ref has upped the ante . Uefa will now have to respond with far more vigour . A good decision by the ref in my opinion , as others have pointed out ,the italians and the turkish fans and authorities have been getting away with murder for years.

I would hope at least to see the match awarded to kiev and all future Roma fixtures played behind closed doors at a neutral venue.
But if it was up to me I'd kick them out of the competion.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby azriahmad » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:20 am

I agree, woof. my initial thought was "why the hell did he not allow the 4th official to continue?" as also echoed by Glenda Hoddle when it was announced by the commentary team that the ref decised that the 4th official was 'not experienced enough' but after reading UEFA's official statement, it was the right choice - refs should not be the target of these hooligan fans like that, and the fate of the tie should be decided by UEFA.

If the crowd were so partisan and violent, the ref and the should be worried for their safety and if the home team cannot even guarantee a safe environment for a football match, then the match should not take place/proceed.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:43 am

I think the right decision was made.
If the game continued and Roma got a result out of the game what sort of message does that send out.
Give the result to Kiev and some closed games and sends out a clear message
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:16 am

The UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body will convene on Tuesday 21 September to instigate disciplinary proceedings against AS Roma after their opening UEFA Champions League fixture against FC Dynamo Kyiv was abandoned at half-time.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:56 am

If it were up to me, and Roma fans should be thanking God that I'm nott, I would slap them with an astronomical, bankrupting fine, an indefinent ban from all European competitions, and order to play ALL matches (of any competition) at a neutral venue until I deem it fit for them to return to their old ground, and finally to make a public apology and pay all damages to the ref.

Probable punishment: A small fine and a warning.

Oh and yes I do support capital punishment  :p
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Quimby » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:20 pm

If an English club had been involved, there would've been some real threats about chucking every club out. I'm afraid there's a big double-standard. When Greece lost to Albania last week, there was a riot in Greece and there were deaths. Guess what though - no sanctions whatsoever. Some of the Italian teams have devoted racist element (Lazio's ultras) that are tolerated by the clubs, but again UEFA does nothing. Roma should be thrown out, simple as that. If they continue to play in the CL, every team that visits will have an extra-psychological battle of whether they'll survive to overcome. It gives Roma an unpleasant edge over future opponents. It should not be tolerated.
Quimby

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:54 pm

Nah, they shouldn't be thrown out of CL for one fan's behaviour.

I think the right decision is:

* 0-3 lose for Roma,
                                       * a big fine,
                                       * ban for home matches (on neutral grounds at least during 1 year)
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:59 pm

Yes, their fans always do the same, they are getting beat so they cause a kick off and chuck bottles and missiles to get the game abandoned, so they can replay the game at 0-0.
Kiev should be awarded a 3-0 win, and Roma should be booted out and banned from Europe for a couple of years

Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:12 pm

After the roma game Hoddle said :

"let's not jump to conclusions it could've been a Russian fan that threw the coin".

Yeah right your one up they've had a player sent off ,so you try and do the ref.

Where do sky get these d*ckheads from? I thought McMahon was bad enough but the reverend Glen tops the lot.:laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:30 pm

Im surprised Hoddle didnt trying blame some poor soul in a wheelchair for it
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:32 pm

laza wrote:Im surprised Hoddle didnt trying blame some poor soul in a wheelchair for it

:D  :D  :D lmfao
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:03 pm

:laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:41 am

Nice one Totti , the club must really be loving these comments before the punishment gets meted out

Francesco Totti has accused referee Anders Frisk of being biased in the UEFA Champions League game against Dynamo Kiev that ended when the official was left bloodied by a missile from the crowd.

With Kiev leading 1-0 at half time, and Roma rightly reduced to 10 man after Philippe Mexes' bizarre kick at an opponent, Frisk was struck by an object as he left the pitch.

The game was subsequently suspended, and Roma are anxiously awaiting their punishment.

However, Roma captain Francesco Totti has judged the time right to slam Frisk for being biased against him and refusing to explain his decisions.

"He was biased," Totti told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Against Dynamo Kiev, he never whistled in my favour and he refused to talk to me.

"I would say that the captain has a right to talk to the referee."

Totti is no stranger to controversy, having been banned in the summer's European Championship for spitting at an opponent, and certainly is not one to sugar-coat his views.

However, Totti's comments seem particularly ill-timed with his club still awaiting Uefa's punishment, which could see them expelled from European competition.

Roma were already being closely watched after crowd trouble in the derby against Lazio, but Totti believes that the two incidents are not indicative of the club's behaviour.

"In my opinion, there is a difference between the two things," adds Totti.

"The first time was a thing made by supporters, this isn't.

"A fool threw a coin which hit a referee."
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:28 pm

i never realled liked him spitting at someone and a vicious tackle which he should of bein sent off for but the best uefa will do is a fine for club and him there to soft on clubs like roma.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:54 pm

Roma out of all UEFA competitions... That sounds too good to happen.
???
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls