Taxi for Torres - judas fecks off to chelsea

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:59 am

Since he has arrived he has scored 15 goals and we are only into December plus he was dropped for 2 games and injured for a few otherwise he could have been on 20 goals already.

He is making our other three strikers look very poor indeed, the way he can make a goal out of nothing, his pace, pertifying defenders making them look stupid turning them inside out.

Now the thing is if he got injured we can only really count on Gerrard to get us out the sh!t him and Gerrard are our highest scorers speaks a lot for Kuyt, Voronin and Crouch.

The lad needs a world class partner or someone who can play and score goals when Torres is rested at the momment in the prem none of the others will guarentee us goals they are not in the box enough and have no pace what so ever.

This is a big worry along with a new CH our two weakest positions if injuries occur.

I like Crouch but he offers more in the CL rather being a second striker in the prem, but he wont want to stay just to play in the CL plus he isnt guarenteed a start in them games either.

So who would be an ideal partner for Torres?
Depending on the money we have to spend in January or in the summer.

Anelka would jump at the chance to come back to us, Bebatov seems to lazy to me even though he gets the goals doesnt really seem like a Rafa team player.
Robbie Keane, Santa Cruz, Benjani but he's off to the AN I think these are the players we could look at and offer more than the other three we have. Also David Villa wants away from Valencia.

We could offload atleast one of them cause when Pennants back Babel can be used upfront also probably his best position anyway.

But we really need another goal scoring forward whether we get one or not is a different matter though.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ferrariboy21 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:02 am

FERNANDO TORRES: THE FIRST 15 GOALS
Credits to CG8. Ali_Cdaman
3 Clips aren't from LFC.tv, but I assure you the quality is really good, if not better.

Goal 1 v Chelsea>> LFC.tv Footage
Goal 2 v Derby County>> LFC.tv Footagg
Goal 3 v Derby County>> LFC.tv Footage
Goal 4 v Reading>> LFC.tv Footage
Goal 5 v Reading>> LFC.tv Footage
Goal 6 v Reading>> LFC.tv Footage
Goal 7 v Tottenham>> LFC.tv Footage
Goal 8 v Fulham>> BBC HQ Footage
Goal 9 v Porto>> Sky Sports HQ Footage
Goal 10 v Porto>> Sky Sports HQ Footage
Goal 11 v Bolton>> LFC.tv Footage
Goal 12 v Marseille>> LFC.tv Footage
Goal 13 v Portsmouth>> LFC.tv Footage
Goal 14 v Portsmouth>> LFC.tv Footage
Goal 15 v Derby County>>  LFC.tv Footage

DOWNLOAD
Last edited by ferrariboy21 on Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ferrariboy21

Postby Seano Kop » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:49 am

Tbh, Kuyt may not be scoring goals right now, but he can read Torres better than anyone in the team, other than maybe Kewell and Gerrard. Having a World Class striker alongside him wont neccessarily help anyone out at all, because they may think they're bigger than the team etc. etc. We're lucky we got Torres who respects the team and prides himself on being a team man, unlike half the guys who play for Chelsea and Barcelona.
Seano Kop

Postby skatesy » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:54 am

Seano Kop wrote:Tbh, Kuyt may not be scoring goals right now, but he can read Torres better than anyone in the team, other than maybe Kewell and Gerrard. Having a World Class striker alongside him wont neccessarily help anyone out at all, because they may think they're bigger than the team etc. etc. We're lucky we got Torres who respects the team and prides himself on being a team man, unlike half the guys who play for Chelsea and Barcelona.

I tend to agree. Kuyt may not be an all firing goal scorer however he does play as a good support striker for Torres and, to be honets, they have worked well together.
skatesy

Postby tubby » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:55 am

Heres a question for you lot. Weve seen some great play by Torres so far whilst hes till adjuststing. Do you think he can be as good as Henry? He sure seems to have settled better in his first season than Henry did when he came here.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Seano Kop » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:57 am

Why not? He's got the same attributes, and seems to play well under English conditions as well.
Seano Kop

Postby tubby » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:59 am

Ciggy wrote:Since he has arrived he has scored 15 goals and we are only into December plus he was dropped for 2 games and injured for a few otherwise he could have been on 20 goals already.

He is making our other three strikers look very poor indeed, the way he can make a goal out of nothing, his pace, pertifying defenders making them look stupid turning them inside out.

Now the thing is if he got injured we can only really count on Gerrard to get us out the sh!t him and Gerrard are our highest scorers speaks a lot for Kuyt, Voronin and Crouch.

The lad needs a world class partner or someone who can play and score goals when Torres is rested at the momment in the prem none of the others will guarentee us goals they are not in the box enough and have no pace what so ever.

This is a big worry along with a new CH our two weakest positions if injuries occur.

I like Crouch but he offers more in the CL rather being a second striker in the prem, but he wont want to stay just to play in the CL plus he isnt guarenteed a start in them games either.

So who would be an ideal partner for Torres?
Depending on the money we have to spend in January or in the summer.

Anelka would jump at the chance to come back to us, Bebatov seems to lazy to me even though he gets the goals doesnt really seem like a Rafa team player.
Robbie Keane, Santa Cruz, Benjani but he's off to the AN I think these are the players we could look at and offer more than the other three we have. Also David Villa wants away from Valencia.

We could offload atleast one of them cause when Pennants back Babel can be used upfront also probably his best position anyway.

But we really need another goal scoring forward whether we get one or not is a different matter though.

Out of those you mention I think Anelka is the only real choice. Berbatov would cost too much and we dont have that sort of cash (well we dont know that for sure but.....) and Benjani does miss quite a few. Hes just having a good patch. What about Dean Ashton?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:03 am

If I could have my choice I would probably go for Sergio Aguero who would cost about £20million+ , Giovani Dos Santos who although still very young we could get for £10million at the moment (buy out clause)or Diego who would cost about £10/15million. Any of these would be great IMO, they would create lots of goals and score plenty as well, while linking attack and midfield and adding that little bit of much needed creativity when we come up against the top sides.
account deleted by request

Postby puroresu » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:05 am

Diego from Werder Bremen would be fantastic!!
puroresu

Postby Seano Kop » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:06 am

Wouldn't mind a bit of Santa Cruz at Anfield actually. Sounds good.
Seano Kop

Postby skatesy » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:08 am

bavlondon wrote:Heres a question for you lot. Weve seen some great play by Torres so far whilst hes till adjuststing. Do you think he can be as good as Henry? He sure seems to have settled better in his first season than Henry did when he came here.

Absolutely.
skatesy

Postby Red Dotty » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:26 am

David Villia

He has to be a target worth looking at

With torres money has without a doubt bought us quality. The stats prove that.
David V has played with Torres at national level and he plays a similiar role to kuyt although he scores goals and has tremendous pace and ability.

David Villa for me without a doubt :bowdown

Not to sure the CB is to much of an issue as we have Hyppia and i would like to see Hobbs who looks a promising lad given the chance to prove himself and surely we have spent enough money on young tallent to be starting to look in there ranks and bring a few through.

Arsenal sylie

Use the money for David V as that will keep teams busy and we will not have to worry about the flanks. My team for the new year.

Reina
Finnan
JC
Agger
Arbeloa
Benny
SG
Alonso/Masch
Kewell
Villa
Torres

Come on  :buttrock
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby skatesy » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:33 am

Do we honestly believe that Liverpool is going to shell out the money needed for another world class striker like Villa or any of the other world class strikers that have been floating around?
skatesy

Postby Seano Kop » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:42 am

David Villa generally doesn'tr work that well with Torres internationally, so why would it be any different at Liverpool?
Last edited by Seano Kop on Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seano Kop

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:54 am

I'd love to see Robbie Keane in a pool shirt. I've always thought he'd do better at Liverpool, he our kind of player.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion