L F C TV Channel - Schedule/discussion here:

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:15 am

Good news!

REDS TO LAUNCH NEW TV CHANNEL ON SETANTA

Paul Rogers 11 July 2007

Liverpool Football Club will launch its very own dedicated television channel - LFC TV - in September after signing a major three-year deal with Setanta Sports. 
LFC TV will be carried at no extra charge as part of the Setanta Sports Pack, a nine-channel offering, available on satellite.

LFC TV will be included at no extra cost - the recently reduced price of £9.99 a month applies to the full Setanta Sports Pack, and there is no annual contract.

The channel will also be broadcast live on www.liverpoolfc.tv as part of e-Season Ticket, the official website's premium content service.

Although LFC TV will not be available as a stand-alone channel on Freeview, fans with a Freeview subscription to Setanta will be able to watch some of the top action on Setanta Sports 1, including LFC TV-branded Champions League and Premier League matches. LFC TV will also be available on cable via Virgin Media as part of the Setanta Sports Pack – further details to be released shortly.

For the first time in the club's 115-year history, supporters will now be able to enjoy every minute of every Premiership and Champions League game from the comfort of their own homes.

And fans who subscribe to LFC TV won't miss a thing - whether it's exclusive footage of the latest star signing or the very latest news from the club's Melwood training complex.

With LFC TV positioned right at the heart of the club, the channel's flagship news programme 'LFC Now' will have every angle covered – including exclusive interviews with the manager, former stars and, of course, the current players themselves.

With LFC TV planning to broadcast selected Reserve team games live, fans will also be given a unique opportunity to cast an eye over the emerging talent knocking on the first team dressing room door.

And for a glimpse of the future, we'll report from the club's state-of-the-art Academy on the youngsters hoping to lift trophies for the Reds after the current crop of stars have hung up their boots.

While the club's future success is paramount, LFC TV will also cast a respectful eye on the dramas and triumphs of days gone by, the bedrock on which the Anfield success story has been built.

Many of the players who brought so much joy to fans on the way to earning legendary status at the club will be regular visitors to the LFC TV studios. The expert views of former heroes – trophy winners all – will form the backbone of the channel's innovative 'This is Anfield' show – a live, interactive football forum where the big issues are debated.

And it won't just be the professional pundits who have their say - 'This is Anfield' will provide a platform for the fans to have their say. It's the perfect opportunity for supporters to put forward their views and demonstrate why Liverpool followers are rightly considered by many to be the most passionate and knowledgeable in the world.

Perhaps most importantly of all, LFC TV will demonstrate just why the club's supporters remain so passionate. It's about being part of Liverpool Football Club, a world famous footballing institution with a history that has charted 115 years of triumph and trophies.

With five European Cups, seven FA Cups and a record 18 League Championships collected since the club was founded by John Houlding on March 15 1892, there's certainly plenty to talk about.

What's On LFC TV and When

All Liverpool FC matches in the English Premier League and UEFA Champions League (not live)

At least six hours of original programming content per day, five days a week, fifty two weeks per year

Daily news round-up with all the latest from Anfield and Melwood

Exclusive interviews with the manager, coaching staff and current players

Classic matches from Liverpool's illustrious past

No less than 50% of all friendlies involving the Liverpool football team on a live and exclusive basis

Live studio discussions with former Liverpool stars, supporters, celebrity fans and football experts

The channel will raid the extensive Premier League archive, replaying some of the greatest games since the competition came into being in 1992 – that's 15 seasons of Reds action and no fewer than 285 victories to choose from. We'll also be sharing some of the greatest wins with the stars who made them possible so look out for some big, big names joining us on the LFC TV sofas.

Liverpool Football Club has never just been about the Premiership however and we'll be delving into the more distant past with some of the trophy-lifting triumphs of the Seventies and Eighties. LFC TV will revisit the glory years alongside the guys who were there at the sharp end.

If its news you're after, 'LFC Now' will be available twice a night, with bulletins repeated throughout the day - ensuring viewers never miss the latest developments.

Liverpool's weekend matches will be transmitted in the first instance at midnight on Sunday, then repeated throughout the next day and at regular intervals during the following week. Midweek games will be available from midnight the same night – and again repeated over the next few days at varying times allowing fans to watch matches at their leisure and, most importantly, at a time it suits them.

Our match previews will be extensive, with the latest word from Melwood on team selection and injury news as well as exclusive pre-match interviews with the manager and his players and, of course, the low-down on the opposition.

And after the game, our post-match analysis will be all-encompassing with our resident experts casting a critical eye on the day's events alongside the views of the Liverpool camp at the game. And you can be sure that if the Man of the Match is wearing a red shirt - we'll be looking to speak to him.

LFC TV will be available at no extra cost as part of the Setanta Sports Pack. Setanta's exclusive live content includes:

Barclays Premier League (from August 2007)
Under the new FAPL rights contract, 138 games will be broadcast live with Setanta showing 46 of them.

LFC TV viewers subscribing to Setanta Sports will receive the club's brand new designated channel plus:
Setanta Sports 1
Setanta Sports 2
Setanta Golf
Racing UK
Racing World
NASN (North American Sports Network)
Celtic TV
Rangers TV

Click here to visit Setanta Sports to sign up for LFC TV>>

LFC TV will also be available to watch live online on liverpoolfc.tv if you subscribe to the official club website's premium content offering, the e-Season Ticket. Click here for more information on the e-Season Ticket>>

LINK:

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/216395080?-11194

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby mungi » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:42 am

looking good, espcially showing the reserves games.
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:57 am

when does this all kick off i know that the prem games wont be untill aug but are they starting this up now or when the prem starts??
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:46 am

red37 wrote:All Liverpool FC matches in the English Premier League and UEFA Champions League (not live)

Unfortunately that's the downside. I will not consider subscribing to Setanta Sports so I can watch full re-runs of Liverpool games. If they offered live coverage it would be a different story.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:51 am

September. Do you read?

I for one can't wait. Will need to get d-box flashed again. Twenty quid for lfc tv for life. Cancel my e-season ticket and i'm quids in. Looking forward to it because i can show my little lad all the games and history on tv. He's only 5 weeks but i'll start him early. :D

Also, i'll record the great games onto dvd and them save them all for life.

Absolute  great news
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:53 am

South coast shankly you can't expect live games on lfc tv. If that was the case there would be no money for the club off sky. Some people just aren't happy at all.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:44 am

Its about freckin time!!!! After sittin through the horrors of Real Madrid, Celtic and Rangers TV at some time over the last 12 months I welcome this with open arms. Yet more TV to waste my life away on  :buttrock
burjennio

Postby ste123lfc » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:07 pm

what do you need and where do you get it flashed
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby fowler4god » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:13 pm

what happens if you have sky, do you have to subscribe to setanta or can you just get LFCTV seperate
fowler4god

Postby puroresu » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:17 pm

fowler4god wrote:what happens if you have sky, do you have to subscribe to setanta or can you just get LFCTV seperate

u cant just subscribe to a channel.  U get setanta as a whole.
puroresu

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:28 pm

So bascially I can scrap sky and just subscribe to this?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:30 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
red37 wrote:All Liverpool FC matches in the English Premier League and UEFA Champions League (not live)

Unfortunately that's the downside. I will not consider subscribing to Setanta Sports so I can watch full re-runs of Liverpool games. If they offered live coverage it would be a different story.

:censored: just noticed the non live bit.

Whats the point of that. We see all the other stuff anyway on the net.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby .:RedKuyt:. » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:19 pm

yay!!
.:RedKuyt:.

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:03 pm

"Kirsty and Kelly" will be the best show on LFCTV.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:07 pm

bavlondon wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:

:censored: just noticed the non live bit.

Whats the point of that. We see all the other stuff anyway on the net.

None of the other club football channels get live games either, I don't think the FA allow it. We have to share our tv money with the blueshite and other clubs, unlike in spain where the likes of Madrid and Barca get their own seperate deals.
weringo
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion