Hockey

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:20 am

Does anyone watch Hockey here?, besides my guess in Bad Bob?.The playoffs have just started tonight, and so far they have been fantastic.

It's great right now Liverpool in the semi-finals, Hockey playoffs starting, Raptors in the playoffs starting next week, and Baseball has just started.

I know most of you probably don't care about North American sports, but I was just Curious?
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:27 am

Sorry mate, only one sport for me.

You can keep Hockey over the other side of the Atlantic :D
66-1112520797

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:26 am

Bamaga man wrote:Sorry mate, only one sport for me.

You can keep Hockey over the other side of the Atlantic :D

LoL, you wouldn't even try it for fun man?
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:55 am

The Canadian Red Army wrote:Does anyone watch Hockey here?, besides my guess in Bad Bob?.The playoffs have just started tonight, and so far they have been fantastic.

It's great right now Liverpool in the semi-finals, Hockey playoffs starting, Raptors in the playoffs starting next week, and Baseball has just started.

I know most of you probably don't care about North American sports, but I was just Curious?

No sorry mate, I like the fights though, can't wait for the finals................. GO SUNS  :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:56 am

Paul C wrote:
The Canadian Red Army wrote:Does anyone watch Hockey here?, besides my guess in Bad Bob?.The playoffs have just started tonight, and so far they have been fantastic.

No sorry mate, I like the fights though, can't wait for the finals................. GO SUNS  :cool:

Love the hockey mate. My team the canadiens missed out on a play off spot in the final game. Do you watch any UK hockey?
I go to a majority of the Nottinham Panthers games from the elite league. Hand a great weekend watching them win the play offs!!!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:32 pm

Hate to disappoint you, mate, but I have no interest in hockey whatsoever.  I am officially the worst Canadian ever:

1) Bored of hockey
2) Can't skate or ski (hate winter in general TBH)
3) Loathe Tim Horton's coffee
4) Married to an American

I'm sure the list goes on.  Having said that, I do have a soft spot for the Flames since I have a buddy from Calgary.  If, there still in it a couple of months (after the playoffs have slowly stumbled toward a conclusion) I might decide to have a peak at the highlights on TSN.  Otherwise, I'm doing my best to stay in a hockey-free vacuum for the next two months. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:46 pm

I am a rather large hockey fan.

I support the New Jersey Devils because of their goaltender Martin Brodeur, also I used to play it until I injured my knees playing in goal a year and a half ago.

Anyway I do love Ice Hockey lots and lots of fun! :) :)
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:58 pm

Boston Bruins fan here. love the hockey and will be watching it. nice to see the mighty ducks lpaying a bit better and i got a soft spot for dallas as well
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:03 pm

i watched the Paul Newman film 'Slapshot' which was good, do I win a prize :)
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:10 pm

Yes I love hockey

I also love this hockey

As for the Ice hockey, I've been always been a fan of Buffalo Sabres, for obvious reasons. Hehe.

To be honest I think it's a nice sport to watch. I read a while ago that there was some sort of crisis in the NHL, and even the league was suspended. Happy to know that they're back to good Ice Hockey.

But I'm an utter ignorant, I know the rules, because I played some computer games when I was younger, utter ignorant.

I Would be grateful if some of you write your input here to learn a bit more, though.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:43 pm

dawson99 wrote:Boston Bruins fan here. love the hockey and will be watching it. nice to see the mighty ducks lpaying a bit better and i got a soft spot for dallas as well

Hahaha a Dallas Fan Eh? The whole arena full of Vancouver fans were chanting " YOU SUCK TURCO" on Wednesday night. Boston geez man, they didn't do to well for you this year.

and Neil no that mean you like to watch movies  :D
Field hockey is for Females over on this side of atlantic :;):

Sabre it was based on a dispute with the players association and the League. Can you watch hockey at a pub over there? What would you like to know?
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:09 pm

No, you won't see a match in a pub here unless you're on a pub based on sports and multi-screens.

I'd like to know what's the best players of the world at the moment, for instance.

Field hockey is for Females over on this side of atlantic

:laugh: I missed this bit. Spain has been world champion of field hockey and it's quite popular here. The problem with that side of the ocean is that you despise every sport in which you're not too good :)

Jokes aside, Ice Hockey is growing in Spain. We're struggling with lesser countries in our particular competition but at least we're beating teams that we couldn't in the past.

Like any other winter olympiad sport, it's not too big in Spain -- you won't ever see a powerful Bobsleigh Spanish team.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:18 pm

Reinas No.1 Fan wrote:I am a rather large hockey fan.

I support the New Jersey Devils because of their goaltender Martin Brodeur, also I used to play it until I injured my knees playing in goal a year and a half ago.

I think you are a "GOALKEEPERFILE" you wierdo.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:57 pm

Reinas No.1 Fan wrote:I am a rather large hockey fan.

I think Roberto Luongo will win the Vezina Trophy this year. Broduer has been unstoppable, but Luongo has taken his team to the playoffs in his first year. It will come down to how the Canucks do and how he plays.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:04 pm

ckay wrote:
Paul C wrote:

Love the hockey mate. My team the canadiens missed out on a play off spot in the final game. Do you watch any UK hockey?
I go to a majority of the Nottinham Panthers games from the elite league. Hand a great weekend watching them win the play offs!!!!!

LOL UK hockey? maybe i was ignorant, but I never thought they would be such a thing. So no I haven't watched any.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum