Leeds UTD Vs Liverpool Sun 12th Sept @16.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:23 pm

wayhey Mane
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:24 pm

Great pass from Thiago. We should be 6 up
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:25 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:21 pm wrote:Mane has been poor but he looks like Pele compared to Ox. He's added nothing

Yeah what I was about to say after the match. Ox added nothing to the team, losing balls, misplacing passes. Thiago been a Bentley, Fabinho a Maybach today. Matip and Virgil impeccable
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:28 pm

Santa » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:25 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:21 pm wrote:Mane has been poor but he looks like Pele compared to Ox. He's added nothing

Yeah what I was about to say after the match. Ox added nothing to the team, losing balls, misplacing passes. Thiago been a Bentley, Fabinho a Maybach today. Matip and Virgil impeccable

For the sake of his career, Ox needs to move on. The injuries have taken their toll and he's a square peg trying to fit in a round hold.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:31 pm

Good win. But awful injury.

I hope leeds go down. Their fans were reportedly singing "the 96 won't be missed"

Utter scum. Always have been. Always will.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:47 pm

Yeah great win but slightly marred by the young lad being stretchered off. He had his head raised and was clapping when leaving the pitch so hopefully it's not as bad as feared.

Anyway that was a good performance, our best this season. Thiago MOTM for me.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:46 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:31 pm wrote:Good win. But awful injury.

I hope leeds go down. Their fans were reportedly singing "the 96 won't be missed"

As I said before the game their fans are some of the biggest sh1theads in football. One thing is for certain they haven’t been missed. They’ve had an awful start to the season and after today I really hope it continues.Horrible fkrs.

Excellent performance by the Reds at the sh1thole that is Elland Road.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:08 pm

devaney » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:46 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:31 pm wrote:Good win. But awful injury.

As I said before the game their fans are some of the biggest sh1theads in football. One thing is for certain they haven’t been missed. They’ve had an awful start to the season and after today I really hope it continues.Horrible fkrs.

Excellent performance by the Reds at the sh1thole that is Elland Road.

I'd forgotten what there were like. Nothings changed. They are tw@ts.

But judged on the performance of their defence, they won't be in the Premier League for many more seasons.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:20 pm

Great result we played well and controlled the game. Hope Harvey is ok and not out for long. He has been playing well so hoping this injury doesn't affect him long term.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:54 am

Good game shadowed by Harvey's injury. The players looked shocked, especially Mo who was right there.

Personally I was gobsmacked as well, how unlucky can that boy be and how unlucky are we, just as it was looking like we were getting an amazing young talent he gets an awful injury that can ruin his career before it even starts.

Klopp was the most emotional of them all. He was angry and yelling at refs and others but his face was full of worry, it was as if his own kid was lying there with a broken ankle. He was utterly shellshocked in the post match interview too. I could really feel the emotions he was going through.

I know that a lot of people (myself included) didn't excatly agree with Klopp's comments that, for the sake of the players, refs shouldn't allow the game to be too physical, but after yesterday you can definitely see where he's coming from.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:59 am

devaney » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:11 am wrote:My hatred for Leeds goes back a very long way. Their supporters are amongst the biggest collection of sh1theads in football. Recent evidence doesn’t suggest they have changed a lot which is a real shame because they have a very good manager and play some great football. This won’t be easy and we will need to be at our best. Elland Road is an awful place to go !!

COYR

YNWA

I didn't think much of this comment before the match but during the game you could clearly tell even through the telly what an awful bunch these fans are. Every fanbase has bad individuals but Jesus these are horrible as a collective. I hope they go down.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:00 am

damjan193 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:54 am wrote:Good game shadowed by Harvey's injury. The players looked shocked, especially Mo who was right there.

Personally I was gobsmacked as well, how unlucky can that boy be and how unlucky are we, just as it was looking like we were getting an amazing young talent he gets an awful injury that can ruin his career before it even starts.

Klopp was the most emotional of them all. He was angry and yelling at refs and others but his face was full of worry, it was as if his own kid was lying there with a broken ankle. He was utterly shellshocked in the post match interview too. I could really feel the emotions he was going through.

I know that a lot of people (myself included) didn't excatly agree with Klopp's comments that, for the sake of the players, refs shouldn't allow the game to be too physical, but after yesterday you can definitely see where he's coming from.

Every match so far I have seen one or two challenges on Elliot that looked a little physical, sort of a “welcome to the PL” by players with much less technical ability than Elliot. I much prefer watching players like Elliot than big strong physical footballers so refs should be protecting them.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:20 am

Refs cant be protecting smaller or younger players in a professional league for men. Football is a contact sport at the end of the day.

It's just a really unfortunate incident and a pure accident. Nothing malicious about it at all.

His ankle was completely out of position so either dislocated or broken. Hopefully he comes back stronger and before the end of the season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:41 am

Last edited by Boocity on Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:25 am

red till i die!! » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:20 am wrote:Refs cant be protecting smaller or younger players in a professional league for men. Football is a contact sport at the end of the day.

That's true, I agree with that 100%. However, even though we've had some good tacklers over the years and still do right now, when was the last time our own players broke someone's foot or made someone suffer a serious injury with their tackles?

I still think that football is a contact sport and physicality should remain a part of the game, but there's definitely two sides of the coin and I can completely understand Klopp's point of view as well.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games