Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby kazza » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:34 pm

Good read
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:14 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:29 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:48 pm wrote:Nobody's panicking. I'm just saying we are just a little bit short in terms of squad quality to pip City to the title.

We got 97 points yes, but we scraped a lot of results last season by the odd goal, we weren't spanking teams 4/5 nil.

There's always room for improvement.

Where you not demanding to know where our signings are after City signed Rodri ?

Red Rum » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:22 pm wrote:City have signed Rodri for £62.5m.

where is our signings???? we NEED at least TWO IMO.  Anyone one who thinks that we don't need any signings at all is deluded, we are behind City in terms of midfield quality, creativity and depth/cover.

The OX is back great, but ALL of Wjnaldum, Fabinho, Keita, Milner, Henderson etc are way too defensive and not enough creativity. Lallana is spent, that just leaves the OX. This is the reason we drew too many games last season.
\
We looked flat in midfield many times last season and Klopp needs to address this.

I just hope our manager is not content with what we have, as watching us last season, I thought City were far more dynamic and effective going forward than us.

I thought previously that Milner Hendo and Lallana were not quite good enough to win us a league title and I stand by that.

We need more quality still.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red_indian » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:04 pm

Klopp has shown in the past that he likes to get transfer business done early to get a ‘Klopp’ pre season into the player. Goal keeper is an exception position wise I think.

So, I think if we are going to make any significant signings from here till the start of the season they’d have to be players involved in AFCON or Copa America and so perhaps not available for transfer until we’re through those competitions and free to link up for training.

I do think we’d be naive not to at least try and match what our main rivals are doing in the market. If nothing else just to freshen things up a little and make sure we’re not seen as predictable to play against after what was an incredible season. Our style caught most teams by surprise last year, it wasn’t the gung-ho format from the year before. We need to mix it up a little and new players help you do that.

Fingers crossed as I think one/two first team contenders will be critical in helping us maintain the momentum from last season.
red_indian

Postby Red Rum » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:25 am

Penguins » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:52 am wrote:I disagree. No way we get 97 pts again with this squad. Everton, Newcastle, Spurs etc were all games that we got very lucky in.
Sure, good teams have luck, but normally you'd drop points in those kinds of games.

We have no depth at forward position. If Mane or Salah gets injured we're *****. Shaq is the only replacement we got. Origi has no chance in hell to play that role.
And no, Brewster will not do it either...

We had so few injuries last season which saved us, don't expect that again.

Agreed.
Salah and Bobby were off the boil last Season and had an average season really. It will take a mammoth effort just to get over 90 points again.

Reinforcements needed.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:23 pm

Red Rum » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:25 am wrote:
Penguins » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:52 am wrote:I disagree. No way we get 97 pts again with this squad. Everton, Newcastle, Spurs etc were all games that we got very lucky in.
Sure, good teams have luck, but normally you'd drop points in those kinds of games.

We have no depth at forward position. If Mane or Salah gets injured we're *****. Shaq is the only replacement we got. Origi has no chance in hell to play that role.
And no, Brewster will not do it either...

We had so few injuries last season which saved us, don't expect that again.

Agreed.
Salah and Bobby were off the boil last Season and had an average season really. It will take a mammoth effort just to get over 90 points again.

Reinforcements needed.

So we got 97 points with Mo and Bobby having “average” seasons - so that would mean if they stepped up the season could be even better . Great work
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:27 pm

we are just lacking something Benny, just can't put my finger on it!...... :rasp
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:39 pm

Red Rum » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:27 pm wrote:we are just lacking something Benny, just can't put my finger on it!...... :rasp

Would you ever stop making pointless posts youv effin' *****?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:41 pm

Benchmark will be 100 points and in order to achieve that i feel we will need to sign a few players.
Klopp has stated of players being fresh like news signings. I would take Lallana out of that group. I think he is more or less finished. You will be lucky to get half a season out of him.

I really hope Brewster will be an amzing spark next season. He will be gradually blended into the side no doubt.

Benchmark will be high however saying that who knows maybe top 6 will take more points off City next season...
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:50 pm

bunglemark2 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:39 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:27 pm wrote:we are just lacking something Benny, just can't put my finger on it!...... :rasp

Would you ever stop making pointless posts youv effin' *****?

Why has no one bitch slapped you yet?????

I can't fathom it out.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:39 pm

Red Rum » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:14 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:29 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:48 pm wrote:Nobody's panicking. I'm just saying we are just a little bit short in terms of squad quality to pip City to the title.

We got 97 points yes, but we scraped a lot of results last season by the odd goal, we weren't spanking teams 4/5 nil.

There's always room for improvement.

Where you not demanding to know where our signings are after City signed Rodri ?

Red Rum » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:22 pm wrote:City have signed Rodri for £62.5m.

where is our signings???? we NEED at least TWO IMO.  Anyone one who thinks that we don't need any signings at all is deluded, we are behind City in terms of midfield quality, creativity and depth/cover.

The OX is back great, but ALL of Wjnaldum, Fabinho, Keita, Milner, Henderson etc are way too defensive and not enough creativity. Lallana is spent, that just leaves the OX. This is the reason we drew too many games last season.
\
We looked flat in midfield many times last season and Klopp needs to address this.

I just hope our manager is not content with what we have, as watching us last season, I thought City were far more dynamic and effective going forward than us.

I thought previously that Milner Hendo and Lallana were not quite good enough to win us a league title and I stand by that.

We need more quality still.

On numerous occasions during the season you suggested that we wouldn’t win anything with Henderson, Milner and Wynaldum in midfield. You weren’t on your own Yakka wrote a book on the subject. In reality their contribution helped us win the CL. It took a long time for Fabinho and Keita to come to terms with the Premiership. Next season will be very different with both of them being considerably more effective from the first match of season. AOC will also be back and he will be hungry. Fabinho showed just how important his defensive capabilities are against Barca at Anfield. Henderson won’t be playing a deep lying role if Wynaldum and Fabinho are on the pitch. Henderson can be more effective as an attacking midfielder. Milner will be used as a very effective substitute in most games.

I’m actually more worried about back up for our forwards than anything else. Would like to see us bring in an attacker but not one with an idiotic price tag and crazy wage demands.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:06 pm

Did we win the CL with a midfield 3 of Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:15 pm

As for first team signings last nights Echo pretty much confirmed that we aren't making any. With only 4 weeks left in the window (it shuts early this year apparently) the club is concentrating its efforts on signing players for the future (like the lad from Holland and that other lad from Fulham).
We are the finished article apparently, the perfect football team  :glare: no signing would improve us.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:45 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:06 pm wrote:Did we win the CL with a midfield 3 of Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum?

They all played their part despite a season if you running them down
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:48 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:15 pm wrote:As for first team signings last nights Echo pretty much confirmed that we aren't making any. With only 4 weeks left in the window (it shuts early this year apparently) the club is concentrating its efforts on signing players for the future (like the lad from Holland and that other lad from Fulham).
We are the finished article apparently, the perfect football team  :glare: no signing would improve us.

Who said we are the “finished” article ?

As you keep ignoring - improvements can be made without signing anyone but the Echo is an informed these days as other journos - they don’t know what’s going on

Klopp has got it right every summer , you no doubt complained bitterly last summer as well so if Klopp is happy with his squad who are you to suggest he is wrong ?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:42 pm

Can we eventually sign Diego Costa? Dalglish wanted a Suarez-Costa front line.

FSG structure won't allow it but imagine him challenging our front line now.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill