Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:22 am

Wouldn't take Pogba, no chance. He's a highlights reel player and lacks the maturity to realise his full potential. That said I'm not even certain what his full potential is, nothing about him stick a out for me...except his hair. Sod that. He's United's expensive problem and anyone giving them their money back has helped them out of jail
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:27 am

eds » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:06 am wrote:Pog breath for 120 million, what are you smoking Yakka  :no

He is lazy, lazy player and the reason why he has done ok at an international level and playing for Juventus is because of the slower pace of the game and the players he has/had around him.

At United and with the general speed of the EPL he has been well and truly found out. Look at his positioning and overall chasing in most games, he is nowhere to be found. Why would Klopp want him anywhere near our club knowing that we would demand much, much more from him?

Granted Maureen has turned him into a more defensive player and his best position is sitting behind a team's forward line, he is still nowhere near the player any one expected to be right now.

For 120million we could rebuild our spine with a quality box-to-box CM and quality CF to help our fab 3.

I think he'd be great for us, as you say yourself he's currently a bit of a square peg at United and I don't think he's the only one either, imo Martial and Rashford are 2 others who's natural talents are being stifled by Mourinho's negative approach.
Look at Coutinho at Inter or even Suarez under Kenny, no matter how good a player is to get the best out of them they need to be in the right environment. I think Jurgen would turn him into a great player.
I think a midfield of Pogba, Keita + one other would be right up there with Europe's best.
If he came on the market though everyone would be in for him and given he came through United's youth ranks we'd probably be the last club he'd join.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:27 am wrote:
eds » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:06 am wrote:Pog breath for 120 million, what are you smoking Yakka  :no

He is lazy, lazy player and the reason why he has done ok at an international level and playing for Juventus is because of the slower pace of the game and the players he has/had around him.

At United and with the general speed of the EPL he has been well and truly found out. Look at his positioning and overall chasing in most games, he is nowhere to be found. Why would Klopp want him anywhere near our club knowing that we would demand much, much more from him?

Granted Maureen has turned him into a more defensive player and his best position is sitting behind a team's forward line, he is still nowhere near the player any one expected to be right now.

For 120million we could rebuild our spine with a quality box-to-box CM and quality CF to help our fab 3.

I think he'd be great for us, as you say yourself he's currently a bit of a square peg at United and I don't think he's the only one either, imo Martial and Rashford are 2 others who's natural talents are being stifled by Mourinho's negative approach.
Look at Coutinho at Inter or even Suarez under Kenny, no matter how good a player is to get the best out of them they need to be in the right environment. I think Jurgen would turn him into a great player.
I think a midfield of Pogba, Keita + one other would be right up there with Europe's best.
If he came on the market though everyone would be in for him and given he came through United's youth ranks we'd probably be the last club he'd join.

Zero chance that they would ever sell him to us, there fans would riot. I do agree that he is an absolute beast of a player and under a manager like Klopp he has the potential to be immense, he is the prototype Klopp player IMO hes a great athlete, tall, skillful, can pass and score goals, luckily for us Mourinho hasn't quite worked out how to use him effectively.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:42 pm

They weren't even prepared to sell Gabriel Heinze to us so there is no chance of them selling us Pogba. Don't think Klopp would go for him anyway. We have Keita who will break from midfield to support the attack.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:46 pm

Klopptomaniac » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:22 am wrote:Wouldn't take Pogba, no chance. He's a highlights reel player and lacks the maturity to realise his full potential. That said I'm not even certain what his full potential is, nothing about him stick a out for me...except his hair. Sod that. He's United's expensive problem and anyone giving them their money back has helped them out of jail

This
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:11 pm

kazza » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:46 pm wrote:
Klopptomaniac » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:22 am wrote:Wouldn't take Pogba, no chance. He's a highlights reel player and lacks the maturity to realise his full potential. That said I'm not even certain what his full potential is, nothing about him stick a out for me...except his hair. Sod that. He's United's expensive problem and anyone giving them their money back has helped them out of jail

This

Pogba  ?

Baliotelli MK 2   :nod

No way would he fit into Jurgens expectations or game plan.    :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:11 pm

Baloteli mark two is right. He doesn't seem to be willing to break a sweat at times, more worried about his hairstyle etc. Players like Pogba is exactly what's wrong with modern football.

Give me a Robertson, an Alexander-Arnold, even an Oxlade Chamberlain instead of him any day.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:27 pm

I think Pogba's potential is through the roof if he's at the right team. He was never worth £90m and now United would be wanting over £100m for him. I think £60m is a fair price for him and I honestly think he'd be brilliant in our system.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:01 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:27 pm wrote:I think Pogba's potential is through the roof if he's at the right team. I honestly think he'd be brilliant in our system.

:wwww    :laugh:    :p

Think many people said something similar about Baliotelli    :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:39 pm

Pogba is a quality player, comparing him to Balotelli is ridiculous, when he was at Juventus he was the driving force behind them reaching their first CL final in 12 years. Anyone who doesn't think he'd improve our midfield are off their rockers.
Agree with Eagle though, they were prepared to go through the courts to stop us signing Heinze so there's no chance they'd sell us him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:13 pm

Juventus have hardly stuttered without him, through to the quarters this year beaten by a last minute Real penalty, on course to win the league for the 397493th time in a row.

Pogba has shown nothing in this country for me to be worth signing. In fact, while Man U persist in trying to get the best out of him they'll continue to have their struggles.

Whether it's a case of Mourinho's style holding him back I've no idea, but suggesting he'd slot into Klopp's system and flourish is far less likely than the other way around.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:54 pm

Klopptomaniac » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:13 pm wrote:
Whether it's a case of Mourinho's style holding him back I've no idea, but suggesting he'd slot into Klopp's system and flourish is far less likely than the other way around.

The curious case of Paul Pogba. My take is that he is a good player but definitely over rated. Their is potential for him to take it up a notch and under Maureen Pogba won't improve. Maureen is known for screwing up good players during his tenure at clubs.
Have a look a Sanchez i know its his first few months but he looks a shadow of a player he was.

Maureen is likely to drop both of them for the FA cup tie which won't do them any good.

I think Pogba can be good under Klopp but I'm unsure if he is suited to play in our system.
Heck any player with decent potential can look good with Klopp.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:10 am

Pogba could act as a stand in scapegoat ,give Henderson Lovren and Wjinaldum a  break in proceedings  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:40 am

damjan193 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:11 am wrote:Baloteli mark two is right. He doesn't seem to be willing to break a sweat at times, more worried about his hairstyle etc. Players like Pogba is exactly what's wrong with modern football.

Give me a Robertson, an Alexander-Arnold, even an Oxlade Chamberlain instead of him any day.

I have t go with this, after Balotelli, twice shy to take unnecessary risks when plenty of good, honest and cheaper players would willingly sign for us. Let him be someone else's problem. Pogba and Maureen are made for eachother
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:21 am

redshade » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:54 pm wrote:
Klopptomaniac » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:13 pm wrote:

The curious case of Paul Pogba. My take is that he is a good player but definitely over rated. Their is potential for him to take it up a notch and under Maureen Pogba won't improve. Maureen is known for screwing up good players during his tenure at clubs.
Have a look a Sanchez i know its his first few months but he looks a shadow of a player he was.

Maureen is likely to drop both of them for the FA cup tie which won't do them any good.

I think Pogba can be good under Klopp but I'm unsure if he is suited to play in our system.
Heck any player with decent potential can look good with Klopp.

In my opinion if he came through the Man U ranks and had been here the entire time nobody would be fawning over him. His time at Juventus has clouded everything. Players from Italy generally struggle over here - by that I mean players who learned their trade in Italy (before anyone mentions magic Mo). Him flourishing in Italy doesn't tell us a lot.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill