Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:24 pm

Jorginho is a great player. Would be a natural replacement and upgrade on Coutinho in my book.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:25 pm

damjan193 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:49 pm wrote:I wouldn't mind Doucoure but the more I think of it, the more I get excited about us signing Jorginho. My main concern is that he's Italian, and we've seen a lot of good players used to the Italian league flop in the prem, and he will surely cost a lot of money and we simply can't afford such an expensive player to flop. But looking at him, he's exactly what we need; strong, energetic, good tackler, reads the game well. Defensively he reminds me a lot of a top form Lucas Leiva, but he also has a good eye for a pass and dictates the tempo well from deep.

He will cost a lot and it's always risky singing expensive players unless you're Man City or PSG, but IMO Jorginho is exactly the kind of player we need and hopefully he will be our main target this summer.

We're heavily linked with Jorginho and you're right, he'd be an upgrade on Henderson and Wijnaldum. That said, you still need someone to partner Jorginho in midfield (Keita plays a more advanced role; Keita will probably play a Coutinho type role rarher than a Can/Milner/Henderson/Wijnaldum one). I know it isnt realistic expecting us to sign 3 CMs for next year (if we get a 2nd besides Keita we'd have done well) but I feel the height and physicality of Doucoure would add another dimension to our midfield and give us a bit more solidity at the back. Jorginho is the better player and has more experience but he'd probably cost double what Doucoure would.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:34 pm

7_Kewell » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:24 am wrote:Jorginho is a great player. Would be a natural replacement and upgrade on Coutinho in my book.

You're comparing apples and oranges, Jorginho is more of a deep lying Alonso type where as Phil liked to play further forward. Jorginho has only scored 2 goals in 126 appearances for Napoli infact he's only scored 14 goals in his entire professional career. To put that in perspective Phil scored 12 in the 5 months he was here this season. They are completely different players.
Apparently United had identified this fella a while back as Carricks replacement but the move didn't happen for one reason or another but it does show that other big clubs have been interested in him.
Personally I think we need a deep lying playmaker, all our current midfielders are primarily grafters and even Keita is a high energy box to box type, we haven't had anyone who can take the ball of our back 4 and start attacks and ping the ball about since Gerrard.
I know it's a risk buying a player from Serie A but I really hope we get this lad, what should help is that he is 26/27 and smack bang in his prime, he is just about to enter the best 3 or 4 years of his career so he should be able to hit the ground running. When we bought the likes of Can, Henderson and even Coutinho they were all 20/21 and took time to develop, this lad should be ready to rock from the off.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:18 pm

One ,if not the best midfielders in the game at the moment imo
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:04 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:18 pm wrote:

Can't be better than Firmino...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:18 am

Transfer alert: Lazio slap £130m price tag on Manchester United and Manchester City target Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
European Paper Talk: Jose Mourinho eyes Sergej Milinkovic-Savic bid
Lazio director: Man United target Milinkovic-Savic worth 'well over' €90m

Only you and Maureen are 'In The Know' Red...!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:29 am

maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:34 pm

Seems that clubs are wanting to do deals before the world cup comes around?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:02 pm

Fowler_E7 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:46 am wrote:I like Dacoure but isnt he more in the Keita mould? I think we could really do with a top quality passer of the ball in midfield, id love if we could get some like Jorginho or Serri.

Fair comment on Dacoure showing similar traits to Keita, I thought the same BUT, then I thought if as a pair one could learn to sit when the other goes forward    :eyebrow   :eyebrow   :eyebrow

Think both of them could be absolute Trojans in our midfield.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:25 pm

Reg » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:34 pm wrote:Seems that clubs are wanting to do deals before the world cup comes around?

Klopp likes to have his business sorted early, wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3 signings confirmed before the WC kicks off
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:35 pm

maguskwt » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:04 am wrote:

:;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:59 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:35 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:04 am wrote:

:;):

:nod
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:25 pm

Jorginho is not much of a goalscorer but can assist, a bit like Alonso.
Lemar could be too expensive. I don't think our club will fork out 90-100m for him though. More realistic is 60-70m,if it can be agreed.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:06 pm

I'm not sure about Lemar to be honest.. I was all up for the quick fix when Coutinho Left, but after watching him a few times I see him more of a winger than a CAM.. and I'm not sure if he's even a upgrade on Mane.

I'd prefer we get someone like Fekir or Isco if we're spending that kind of money. If we want a Mane replacement then I'd go for Zaha I think Klopp could get the best out of him.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:00 am

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:06 pm wrote:I'm not sure about Lemar to be honest.. I was all up for the quick fix when Coutinho Left, but after watching him a few times I see him more of a winger than a CAM.. and I'm not sure if he's even a upgrade on Mane.

I'd prefer we get someone like Fekir or Isco if we're spending that kind of money. If we want a Mane replacement then I'd go for Zaha I think Klopp could get the best out of him.

Zaha is a good player but for a club like Palace imo. He's 25 now and had his chance at a big club and it didn't work out. He was 2 years there and only managed 4 appearances which says it all. He has spent the last 5 seasons with palace and has hardly tore the league apart either.

Other than a bit of pace he didn't look much against us last week. His control at times was really poor and he runs out of ideas pretty quick. Think the ship has sailed on him tbh and we can do better.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill