Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:38 pm

I think you've got to look at it like we got 6 months more out of Coutinho rather than 6 months less. The alternative was selling him the summer before, not the one after
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:19 pm

We got 6 more months out of Coutinho but I'm pretty confident that if he had gone in the summer we would have defiantly replaced him then. I can't believe we have £100m sitting there and we are taking this gamble of not replacing Coutinho. I think the City win has made Klopp believe he can trust this bunch of players... but surely previous years have shown that injuries and players losing form can have disastrous results.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:50 pm

Sorry guys, I don't get the panic.

Klopp knows the players he wants and he doesn't see the point in spending millions on inferior alternatives. I'm all for it because we've wasted millions on cr@p over the years.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:49 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:50 pm wrote:Sorry guys, I don't get the panic.

Klopp knows the players he wants and he doesn't see the point in spending millions on inferior alternatives. I'm all for it because we've wasted millions on cr@p over the years.

The reason we wasted so much money on cr@p over the years mate was because we couldn't attract the top players, those players wanted to play in the CL.
If we haven't got the carrot of CL footy next season to offer players it won't matter who Jurgen has got lined up, they just won't come.
Someone like Thomas Lemar is not going to be interested in playing Thursday night's on channel 5.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:16 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:49 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:50 pm wrote:Sorry guys, I don't get the panic.

The reason we wasted so much money on cr@p over the years mate was because we couldn't attract the top players, those players wanted to play in the CL.
If we haven't got the carrot of CL footy next season to offer players it won't matter who Jurgen has got lined up, they just won't come.
Someone like Thomas Lemar is not going to be interested in playing Thursday night's on channel 5.

Players come for the manager as much as the CL footie. For example, how many world class players did Bodgers sign when we qualified for the CL?  None.

Should we have signed someone else instead of VVD? Roma didn't want to sell Salah to start with, should we have moved on and signed another player?

Klopp knows what he's doing.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:03 pm

So what you are saying mate is that you think if we finish 5th we will still get someone like Lemar anyway?
I hope your right mate I really do
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:03 pm wrote:So what you are saying mate is that you think if we finish 5th we will still get someone like Lemar anyway?
I hope your right mate I really do

I think we'd still get the players Klopp wants.

Obviously, it's be fantastic if he brought in one or two in January, but I think his targets are staying put for now.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:49 pm

Linked with Gareth Bale but I think it's just lazy rumours. Madrid want Salah and are willing to do a straight swap apparently..

Surely we wouldn't swap a player in his prime ripping it up the PL with a injury proned 28 year old.. no matter how good he used to be.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:07 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:49 pm wrote:Linked with Gareth Bale but I think it's just lazy rumours. Madrid want Salah and are willing to do a straight swap apparently..

Surely we wouldn't swap a player in his prime ripping it up the PL with a injury proned 28 year old.. no matter how good he used to be.

No chance. Bale is 29 in a few months and on 350k a week.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:23 pm

maguskwt » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:51 am wrote:What is "the tide of History"? :D ... I didn't know that history comes in tides... :D

Did you know that finishing beneath 4th place means no CL football? instead of giving me English lessons try and explain the logic ,financially and professionally of not filling Couts shoes with some quality? It's the same BS decision that BR made when we are contending for the title and he didn't bring any reinforcements to better our chances..Stop the fcking gambling and sign a player or 2...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:24 am

7_Kewell » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:07 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:49 pm wrote:Linked with Gareth Bale but I think it's just lazy rumours. Madrid want Salah and are willing to do a straight swap apparently..

No chance. Bale is 29 in a few months and on 350k a week.

I wouldn't even want to swap Mane for Bale.

It does seem obvious the if Klopp does not get the players he wants he seems to wait.
I can understand that but we are in a crucial period in the season and have lost one of our best attackers. I don't agree with panic buys but I'm sure there must be other alternatives. Maybe we can find a good loan with option to buy.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:09 am

I think we have to ignore every rumour from now on. We have 140 million in the bank so if journos want a free story they'll link us with every big star out there.

It's obvious - Bale at 30 years old couldn't adapt to our high tempo game. We're not looking for anyone over 27 for sure.

Another thing, I don't think we'll buy Lemar, agan I think that story's killed the deal and we'll bring in some other lad, cheaper but equally good.

In Klopp I trust.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:55 am

My guess is Klopp wanted to get Keita in early to soften the Coutinho blow. As far as other targets I'm not so sure now i guess probably Goretzka was also on the list.
As for Lemar in this month i have no idea maybe it was just rumours or he could be a potential summer target.

Apart from trying to get Keita in early i don't think there is another plan.

It would have been ideal though if we did get a player or two now as we are facing a crucial period this season.
In 2 cups and aiming to win 1 at least and claiming a champions league spot.

I'm sure Klopp is aware of all this so i concur with Reg.

In Klopp I trust.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:14 am

I do not think we are going to get players like Lemar once they top 100 million as they will want bigger profile clubs like Real And Barca ( probably PSG now). We will go for players that have not reached that level yet but with the potential to do that. Let's be honest, Van Dyke is not world class yet but has the potential to become it and that is why we paid a record 75 million for a defender. You cannot say he is the finished article as he has not been tested at the highest level yet but it is fair to say he is quality and a good bet to be that level of player. I think we punched above our weight to get him as I think he wanted to play for Klopp, not necessarily Liverpool.

I am sure we would be interested in players like Lemar but I don't see them choosing us. Klopp seems to like players that want to make names for themselves and so far he has shown a good eye for a player and frankly has earned the trust that he could replace Coutinho. It may not be this window  as he seems to not mind waiting when he targets a player but I am sure we will be happy with the result if Klopp's track record is anything to go by.

As for CL football next season obviously it is hugely important to the club so we need to qualify without any doubt. I do like how the squad is progressing and playing and feel we have the quality to qualify. We are not significantly weaker after selling Coutinho, we are actually stronger as we strengthened our glaring weakness which was our defense. We lost one in Coutinho but we gained one in Van Dyke and not to say we don't need to replace Coutinho but it is certainly not panic stations. We have the quality up front to cope and I think we will be significantly stronger defensively without Coutinho as he was sometimes slow to track back. We do need someone on the team to step up with free kicks however as that is where I see will miss Coutinho the most, that set play goal against a deep defending team in a tight match is the difference between one point and three.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:11 pm

Lemar has come out and said he wants to join Barca.. pretty obvious we should stay away from that transfer.

Toni Kroos has stated that he would like to work with Klopp. He is a unbelievable player and would suit the number 6 role.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill