Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:48 pm

They should be made to go in front of clubs and pitch themselves dragons den style.  :nod
By the looks of things Sanchez will go anywhere that is willing to pay him and his agent what they want. That's where his real loyalty is and not to the jersey he wears so for that reason I am out.  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:22 pm

redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:15 pm

redshade » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:22 pm wrote:http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-believe-bayern-munich-won-14166762

Goretzka most likely to Bayern.

Pity. He's a great player and would be a huge upgrade on Can. Although saying that, there are a few reports of Can staying...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:20 pm

I think Can is going to develop into a really good player over the next few years, hell, he is one now, he was magnificent against City on Sunday. He turned 24 last week as well so he's ready to step up to the plate.
I hope he stays, he's played over a hundred games for this club now as well so he knows what this country and what this league is all about. It's stupid to play these lads while they are young and inconsistent and then let them walk away and give someone else the best years of their careers.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:49 pm

I must admit I was indifferent to Can leaving before the City match, but I might have changed my mind. He's way too sluggish and slow when in possession for my liking, but his ability off the ball is invaluable to the team and his physical presence in midfield can be offered by no one else we currently have. Plus, losing him for nothing in a market where a player like him is easily worth £30-40m is not exactly something that we as a club can afford.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:02 am

damjan193 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:49 pm wrote:I must admit I was indifferent to Can leaving before the City match, but I might have changed my mind. He's way too sluggish and slow when in possession for my liking, but his ability off the ball is invaluable to the team and his physical presence in midfield can be offered by no one else we currently have. Plus, losing him for nothing in a market where a player like him is easily worth £30-40m is not exactly something that we as a club can afford.

It's too late... to apologize
It's too late...
Said it's too late... to apologize
It's too late...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:09 pm

I'll say it again.. The perfect storm is Mehraz..He is the right age..right skills..Proven EPL player and can play CL footy...What am I missing here?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:07 pm

only me » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:09 pm wrote:I'll say it again.. The perfect storm is Mehraz..He is the right age..right skills..Proven EPL player and can play CL footy...What am I missing here?

You're missing an IQ until you swap the E with the A  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ken_job » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:33 pm

This Mehraz lad sounds an awful lot like Mahrez from Leicester. Will he cost less than Mahrez cos I can't see LFC spending another £100m in this window
ken_job

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:52 pm

It seems like we ain't going to buy anyone at the moment. We've still got less than two weeks to go.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:07 am

Sky are reporting that we are interested in Zaha from Palace. He's a good player but I think Mahrez would be a better fit for us.
They even interviwed the lad and he said he'd love another crack at playing for a big club, he said when he went to United Ferguson signed him but then retired straight after, he said Moyes came in and wanted to take United in a different direction.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:36 am

Zaha is an interesting one only 25 so wonder what Klopp can conjur with him.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:54 am

Lots of rumours saying that we're going for Jan Oblak in the summer. He's a world class keeper and would be worth the wait. Hopefully it's true!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:13 am

redshade » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:36 am wrote:Zaha is an interesting one only 25 so wonder what Klopp can conjur with him.

If Chamberlain is going to be a CM we probably could do with another wide forward to take the pressure off Mane and Salah.
With the departure of Phil we are a bit light in terms of numbers up top, one or two injuries and we'd be right up against it. Sky were saying that Jurgen has put Woodburn's proposed loan move to Sunderland on hold for that very reason, according to them if we don't sign anyone this window Woodburn won't be allowed to leave.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:21 am

Zaha is a good player and very skilful but a bit headless imo. He will need to change his game if he was to come here. Mahrez would be a much better option.
That Oblak lad is certainly an upgrade on what we have but is contracted till 2021. I think all this speculation linking him with us is because he hasn't been offered an improved deal. Either way he will cost an absolute fortune and we don't seem to spend that kind of money unless we bring it in first.
Maybe the only business left for us this month will be exits. Sturridge and Ings most likely but we would be foolish to let both go unless we have a replacement ready.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill