Leicester vs Liverpool 17:30 23/09

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:52 pm

Back to the EPL facing these lot again. This should be a different game however regardless of how smashing our attack is we still have the same defensive woes. We must finish our chances if we want to win this one.

We all stated if Matip and Lovren are out how the fek will we cope well possibly on Saturday that will be put to the test as Matip and Lovren are doubts.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/09/j ... ity-clash/

If Gomez and Klavan are paired again i can guarantee you that we will concede 2-3 goals, Vardy will rip them apart.

If they are out and we lose Klopp will be under a lot of pressure and many will reiterate this is why we were crying for defensive signings.

God i hope we win this.
Last edited by redshade on Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:56 pm

Time to kick start our season at th  :buttrock

I'd be tempted to keep Ward in between the sticks and move Ox to the centre of the park, with Henderson being shipped out to the bench. Would also play Coutinho in the middle and keep with Sturridge, Firmino and Salah out top.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:37 pm

No doubt it'll be MIGs in net, there same shitty back four...  Boring herenderson in midfield, the Ox coming on midway through the second half to see out yet another dire afternoon.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:43 am

It's very likely that Matip and Lovren will not play on Saturday.  :no

If we lose and drop further off, no amount of Klopp whining "that it's almost like we are the worst team in the premier league" will be able to mask how badly we are underperforming and unfortunately it is entirely his fault.

Falling below 10th this early on in the season will be a shambolic start, so the the Kraut better stop moaning and work out a way how he can get us back to winning ways. You made your bed, now sleep in it fella.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby redshade » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:43 am

A loss here will not go down well at all. We really must get our sh1t together and get a result.
Our best weapon is attack so its upto the lads upfront to finish off their chances.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:30 pm

https://youtu.be/JR884Ri1898

Klopp press conference
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:14 pm

Our finest players are the front 4 and 3 return but Leicester will also be a bigger threat in attack and more secure defensively.

Has anyone every played 4 centre backs and 2 full backs?  :grinning:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:16 pm

This will be attack on attack Shakespeare told them at half time to get into our faces and i think that is what they will do.
I can see a big score tomorrow, hopefully in our favour.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:51 pm

We'll probably concede three goals, but so long as we score five, I'm not fussed.
Completely different match to the league cup match, as different teams will be fielded.
Expect a roller-coaster game folks as Vardy, Mahrez and okazaki (whatever his name is) to give our defence the run around :(
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:20 pm

One of Klopps problems is he doesnt pay enough respect to the opposition, its attractive as a tribal fan but with our limitations completely unrealistic.

Leicester have set the bar for us recently, just because we are Liverpool and hes Klopp means nothing.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:43 pm

parchpea » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:20 pm wrote:One of Klopps problems is he doesnt pay enough respect to the opposition, its attractive as a tribal fan but with our limitations completely unrealistic.

Leicester have set the bar for us recently, just because we are Liverpool and hes Klopp means nothing.

Leicester got lucky midweek, we should have wiped the floor with them. Hopefully we will beat them comfortably tomorrow like we should have done on Tuesday.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:53 pm

Leicester weren't unlucky imo, they managed the situation first half and when then Shakespear introduced Okozaki it was a check mate move, we couldn't self manage it and they won the game with two quick goals.

Football is more than just keeping the ball, you can win without hardly any possession if you are smart.

I hope we hammer them but I can see us winning 4-0 and losing by the same score, very little structure or coping mechanisms in our team, literally winging it. Beauty and chaos.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:22 pm

Thought Leicester were poor in the first half rather than us being the great to be honest. Don't get me wrong, we were good but thought Leicester looked like a team going through the motions somewhat.

We didnt take advantage of it first half. Think their manager must have got amongst them at half time and they stepped it up after the break

For the game tomorrow, wr need to take the game to them from the off. Looks like a tricky game what with the question marks hanging over us but we just need to go out there and stamp our authority on the game and we will win it but please can we just have no drama in defence. I fancy a 2-1 win to us
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:31 pm

In the EFL cup when Couts went off that was when Shakespeare felt confident and told his lads what to do, he even mentioned it in post match.

We should have really beaten these lot on Tuesday.

It's going to be a rollercoaster tomorrow. My concern is our usual problem of chances missed then Vardy & co bombarding us on a quick attack. All the world knows how weak we are at the back and its an area where we will be exploited.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:18 pm

parchpea » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:53 pm wrote:Leicester weren't unlucky imo, they managed the situation first half and when then Shakespear introduced Okozaki it was a check mate move, we couldn't self manage it and they won the game with two quick goals.

Football is more than just keeping the ball, you can win without hardly any possession if you are smart.

I hope we hammer them but I can see us winning 4-0 and losing by the same score, very little structure or coping mechanisms in our team, literally winging it. Beauty and chaos.

If the Okazaki substitution was a check mate move it then was discovered mate (i.e it wasn't planned). Okazaki only came on because that other fella concussed himself heading the ball.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games