Leicester vs Liverpool 17:30 23/09

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby parchpea » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:52 pm

Leicester had a game change option from the bench, imo a better player than we could introduce.

Thats Leicester a Champion team on a fraction of our budget and a superior squad.

We over play our importance, net spend under £50m when teams are pumping more than that in to stay up.

If United, City and Chelsea spend £200m we need to pump £500m in just to try and keep up short term.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:01 am

Match day people.

Today will be an interesting day.

Common Redmen make us proud!!!!!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:51 am

I fully expect us to crush them...If Rage and Insult from the league cup don't come into play i don't know what can motivate this bunch....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:30 am

Are we expecting part two Horror show!!, especially when the master CB Klavan to feature in the game, Klopp really should make him the team captain.

This is what manager's own admission of failure:

But Klopp believes the situation is not as bad as is being portrayed.

"It sounds like we have no points and are completely the worst team in the league," he said.

"Yes we have problems, that is why we 'only' have eight points and not 15

We can make it more serious than it is or we can take it like it is.

"I understand 100 per cent (why) we sit here and talk about the things that have happened.

"I know already about all these problems - or 'not problems' - and I've made my decision already how to work with it but if I talk a lot about it I only create headlines 'Klopp says this

Klopp says that' and it doesn't help us.

"We have work to do but that would be the same if we had 15 points, only it would feel different but it would be the same.

"We conceded first goal against Seville and responded really well, we conceded the first goal against Burnley and responded really well.

"I would prefer not to concede the first goal to be honest.

"This is the long part of a three-game week from Tuesday to Saturday so we have one more session

We can use it but we have to prove it on Saturday."

After their struggles to get games they have dominated over the line, questions have been asked about whether Klopp has the right sort of characters in his squad.

There are no longer the likes of Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher present to rally the players on the field and while the Reds boss is happy with what he has at his disposal, he sees no reason why it is not an area they can work on.

"Yes we have the right characters

Yes sometimes we react really well, sometimes we don't react perfectly," he added.

"That is how it always is and we can improve on each part of our game

Character is nothing fixed.

"Someone says you cannot improve on this, you cannot change your mentality but of course you can

You only have to get used to it.

"If we take the right information from the things we have done so far then it always helps and that is what I try to help the players with.

"As long as we stay in the game, as long as we do what we good at we are a threat for each team.

"Only in the moment when we change these things then it becomes a problem."

Source : PA
algymoon

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:42 pm

My game prediction:
1. We will create a dozen good chances first half, enough to be out of sight. But will we take them!? We'll squander 6 good chances, then Leicester break and score :(
2. 2nd half, we ease off and Leicester stretch our defence and score again.
3. We win 2-3. (or some crazy score)
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:16 pm

Looks like Lovren is out and Matip may need to be assessed to. I was feeling quite confident about today but if those two are out, suddenly get the wobbles. Leicester look like they have Vardy and not comfortable at all with Klavan facing upto him. Hopefully Matip makes the game
Doeboy

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:47 pm

Any win will do. Don't care if it's 0-1 or 3-6 :) I'm expecting a fast paced end to end game. I just hope our defence holds out. :(
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:07 pm

Doeboy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:16 pm wrote:Looks like Lovren is out and Matip may need to be assessed to. I was feeling quite confident about today but if those two are out, suddenly get the wobbles. Leicester look like they have Vardy and not comfortable at all with Klavan facing upto him. Hopefully Matip makes the game

I just hope Jurgen picks an attacking side with a front 4 instead of that 4-3-3 formation (with 3 yeomen in the middle). If we set up to try and contain Leicester they will inevitably break us down at some point, we need to get after them and make sure the game is played in their half.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:07 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:16 pm wrote:Looks like Lovren is out and Matip may need to be assessed to. I was feeling quite confident about today but if those two are out, suddenly get the wobbles. Leicester look like they have Vardy and not comfortable at all with Klavan facing upto him. Hopefully Matip makes the game

I just hope Jurgen picks an attacking side with a front 4 instead of that 4-3-3 formation (with 3 yeomen in the middle). If we set up to try and contain Leicester they will inevitably break us down at some point, we need to get after them and make sure the game is played in their half.

Agree. I think with an awkward looking trip to Moscow midweek, it doesn't make life easier for Klopp when it comes to picking todays team.
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:23 pm

Something like this would be good ;)

Mignolet, Gomez, Lovren, Matip, Moreno, Henderson, Can, Wijnaldum, Coutinho, Firmino, Salah.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:25 pm

Sounds like Lovren and Matip may well be fit for the game after all. That would be a massive boost and see us winning the game imo
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:29 pm

Yup massive boost for sure. We really needs 3 points as all the others are winning today.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:29 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:37 pm

Lets smash these clowns time to get revenge common redmen do not let us down.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:40 pm

Good strong team that. Think Klopp knows we need a win to steady the nerves and we will go for it with that lineup
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games