Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:47 am

bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:49 pm wrote:If we start a rumour here that Wijnaldum might be offloaded in January, then maaaay-be it might just happen. He's been donkey shyte so far....

:laugh:

A bit harsh there Bungle but know where your coming from. The fella's been pretty underwhelming so far.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:34 am

I think the long term player for that position is obviously Dahoud.. but we failed to get him in the transfer window and opted for Wijnaldum as a stopgap. I think we'll go back in for him in Jan and force a deal before he can leave on a free next year.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:58 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:47 am wrote:
bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:49 pm wrote:If we start a rumour here that Wijnaldum might be offloaded in January, then maaaay-be it might just happen. He's been donkey shyte so far....

:laugh:

A bit harsh there Bungle but know where your coming from. The fella's been pretty underwhelming so far.

I must be watching a different football matches.
Wijnaldum had 1 assist and on another day could have scored two against Leicester...
I assume all the fuss is because he's not as prolific as Joe Allen!
  :wwww
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:21 pm

Wijnaldum needs a bit of time. He's a quality player, but is still finding his feet. It's a bit disappointing that some are jumping on the lad's back.  Give the guy a season at least, ffs...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:00 pm

Dont think Wijnaldum has been bad. I just think where he is being played probably isnt his best position. Further up behind the striker is where I think he would do well but we are well stocked in that area.
Doeboy

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:02 am

johnbarnes » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:58 pm wrote:I must be watching a different football matches.
Wijnaldum had 1 assist and on another day could have scored two against Leicester...

Not as prolific as Joe Allen ? No mate, just less noticable    :D

We're deffo watching different matches as you actually saw the fella, albeit missing two chances, if he'd put them away maybe we'd have noticed him too  :kungfu:  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:08 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:02 am wrote:
johnbarnes » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:58 pm wrote:I must be watching a different football matches.

We're deffo watching different matches as you actually saw the fella, albeit missing two chances, if he'd put them away maybe we'd have noticed him too  :kungfu:  :D

Same player seen in through different eyes :wwww
Attachments
beer-goggles.jpg
beer-goggles.jpg (30.31 KiB) Viewed 1067 times
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:21 pm

Mate you've gotta stop pimping your missus out    :D

But I agree, we all see a player through different eye's, if we didn't what's the point of a forum to even discuss such things ?

I'm hoping Wijnaldum will come good, I know we're only a couple of games into the season, BUT so far I just haven't seen anything to get excited about from him.

Maybe I'm setting my expectations a little too high ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:55 pm

johnbarnes » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:08 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:02 am wrote:

Same player seen in through different eyes :wwww

Are you watching thru Stevie Wonder's eyes mate? He's been cack so far. One assist of note.
On yer bike sunshine....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:29 am

Remind me how long it took Rushie to get into his stride someone...?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:24 am

Reg » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:29 am wrote:Remind me how long it took Rushie to get into his stride someone...?

Fail to see the comparison you're seeking Reg.

Rushie aged 19 was bought from Chester in May 1980 as one for the future, he was not immediately propelled into the first team, his first appearance was not until December of that year and he only made a total of 9 appearances in his first season with us.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:15 am

You don't even have to go that far back, Firmino had a very slow start to his career here but after the Christmas period he started to score (and assist) quite regularly.
Wijnaldum must be doing something right because he's in the team and we are playing about as well as we have done for a long while.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:38 am

woof woof ! » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:21 pm wrote::wwww

Mate you've gotta stop pimping your missus out    :D

But I agree, we all see a player through different eye's, if we didn't what's the point of a forum to even discuss such things ?

I'm hoping Wijnaldum will come good, I know we're only a couple of games into the season, BUT so far I just haven't seen anything to get excited about from him.

Maybe I'm setting my expectations a little too high ?

I agree. A lot of the Newcastle fans up here said he has a tendency to turn invisible and that seems to be the case. I haven't seen anything to make me think he's a starter and a resolution to our midfield issues.

Even for the Lallana goal I thought he picked the wrong pass (Firmino was free on his left), I know Lallana managed to stick it away but still
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:36 pm

Its way to early to pass judgement on any player.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:36 pm wrote:Its way to early to pass judgement on any player.

Mate, I guess what some of us are thinking is that with Allens departure and the money subsequently spent, where's the upgrade ???????????.

Early days, agreed, BUT was personally hoping this fella would from the off show maybe just a bit of "authority" and stamp an impression.

So far I don't see anything that he's added to the team.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill