Postby Stu the Red » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:21 pm

Check your facts.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:34 pm

He didnt make loads of mistakes?
Thommo's perm

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:39 pm

Thommo's perm » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:34 pm wrote:He didnt make loads of mistakes?

No he didn't, and that also isn't the reason he left.

As I said, check your facts.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:49 pm

Stu the Red » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:39 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:34 pm wrote:He didnt make loads of mistakes?

It isn't the reason he left.

Also I'd ask you to name them, because I find it laughable that people have this attitude to Reina. Mignolet has made as many mistakes this season as Reina did in 5 years.

Im not saying that Reina was a bad goalie, far from it, but in the two seasons before he left he made plenty of mistakes which are there for all to see. I believe this was the main reason he went on loan. Mignolet has made mistakes but is a good goalie in my opinion. I think Pepe has had his day and wouldnt be welcomed back here now.
Sh'it happens, get over it
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:58 pm

If Pepe was loaned out for making mistakes, which is incorrect, he was released with a view to a sale because of his desire to play for Barcelona...

Then Mignolet should be bombed out of the club due to making more mistakes in one season than Reina made in his Liverpool career.

Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:13 pm

Stu the Red » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:58 pm wrote:If Pepe was loaned out for making mistakes, which is incorrect, he was released with a view to a sale because of his desire to play for Barcelona...

Then Mignolet should be bombed out of the club due to making more mistakes in one season than Reina made in his Liverpool career.

Aint gunna happen though is it?
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby Doeboy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:38 pm

Mignolet is a good keeper however for me Reina is quite clearly a level or two above him. Saying that something wasn't quite right with Pepe and heart didn't look totally in it. Mignolet is still relatively young for a keeper and may well push on and steup up a level or two
Doeboy

Postby devaney » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:50 pm

Pepe got fed up with the H & G ownership and all the garbage that was happening IMHO. If Liverpool qualify for the CL then I think with what is happening at the club we could have a rejuvenated Pepe if we brought him back.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:56 pm

People who say that Pepe wasn't in a bad form in his past 2 or 3 seasons with us are either unobjective or had their eyes closed the whole time during those seasons. But that doesn't mean that he wasn't one of the best keepers in the league prior to his dip in form. With things going so well for us right now, maybe he'll get motivated and get back to his usual self.

Anyway, has someone seen how he's been doing in Napoli? To be honest I rarely watch the Italian league so I've only seen 5 or 6 games of Napoli this season and I'm pretty sure that Reina didn't play in at least 2 of those games. So has someone been watching Reina more regularly or has at least heard or read about in what kind of form he has been this season?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:13 pm

damjan193 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:56 pm wrote:People who say that Pepe wasn't in a bad form in his past 2 or 3 seasons with us are either unobjective or had their eyes closed the whole time during those seasons. But that doesn't mean that he wasn't one of the best keepers in the league prior to his dip in form. With things going so well for us right now, maybe he'll get motivated and get back to his usual self.

Anyway, has someone seen how he's been doing in Napoli? To be honest I rarely watch the Italian league so I've only seen 5 or 6 games of Napoli this season and I'm pretty sure that Reina didn't play in at least 2 of those games. So has someone been watching Reina more regularly or has at least heard or read about in what kind of form he has been this season?

Serie A is probably the worst league about right now...challenged by Ligue 1 maybe.
They show if on Setanta but I couldn't be ar$ed watching it any more
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby damjan193 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:58 pm

bunglemark2 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:13 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:56 pm wrote:People who say that Pepe wasn't in a bad form in his past 2 or 3 seasons with us are either unobjective or had their eyes closed the whole time during those seasons. But that doesn't mean that he wasn't one of the best keepers in the league prior to his dip in form. With things going so well for us right now, maybe he'll get motivated and get back to his usual self.

Serie A is probably the worst league about right now...challenged by Ligue 1 maybe.
They show if on Setanta but I couldn't be ar$ed watching it any more

It is. That's why I rarely watch it these days. It's such a shame because it used to be a great league before those match fixing scandals happened about 7-8 years ago.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:06 pm

Reina has made some howlers for Napoli and is not a better keeper than Mignolet.

In his pomp he was, not now, and Mignolet has time to improve and will have too of course.

The club invested in potential over an ageing keeper on double the wages without damaging
the quality.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:35 am

devaney » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:50 pm wrote:Pepe got fed up with the H & G ownership and all the garbage that was happening IMHO. If Liverpool qualify for the CL then I think with what is happening at the club we could have a rejuvenated Pepe if we brought him back.

If he needs Champions League qualification to be "rejuvenated" I would not want him back at all. I have no time for fair weather players at the club. Fact of the matter is clear. He was loaned out because he pimped himself out to Barcelona with a "come get me" statement. IMO, he thought that Valdez leaving would mean that he would have a clear run as the starting GK in an outstanding side with a huge chance of winning league, cup and European titles. Laying out his cards on the table left him susceptible. Valdez decided to play out his last year of his contract. Rodgers had no choice but to hunt around for a replacement rather than be left high and dry when Barcelona came a-calling. Plus Reina's heart was IMO, clearly no longer in Liverpool. That, together with his huge dip in form for 2 years left us with no choice. His lack of professionalism in batting his eyelids in Barcelona's direction when he still was married to us was what did him in.

Mignolet may not be as good as him. This may call into question BR's player selection capabilities, but I don't think Simon is as bad as some make him out to be. He is still an outstanding shot stopper. With a better centre half pairing and improved communications with them, I believe he will turn out to be a sound buy.
ConnO'var

Postby Octsky » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:23 am

ConnO'var » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:35 am wrote:
devaney » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:50 pm wrote:Pepe got fed up with the H & G ownership and all the garbage that was happening IMHO. If Liverpool qualify for the CL then I think with what is happening at the club we could have a rejuvenated Pepe if we brought him back.

If he needs Champions League qualification to be "rejuvenated" I would not want him back at all. I have no time for fair weather players at the club. Fact of the matter is clear. He was loaned out because he pimped himself out to Barcelona with a "come get me" statement. IMO, he thought that Valdez leaving would mean that he would have a clear run as the starting GK in an outstanding side with a huge chance of winning league, cup and European titles. Laying out his cards on the table left him susceptible. Valdez decided to play out his last year of his contract. Rodgers had no choice but to hunt around for a replacement rather than be left high and dry when Barcelona came a-calling. Plus Reina's heart was IMO, clearly no longer in Liverpool. That, together with his huge dip in form for 2 years left us with no choice. His lack of professionalism in batting his eyelids in Barcelona's direction when he still was married to us was what did him in.

Mignolet may not be as good as him. This may call into question BR's player selection capabilities, but I don't think Simon is as bad as some make him out to be. He is still an outstanding shot stopper. With a better centre half pairing and improved communications with them, I believe he will turn out to be a sound buy.

would have given you the "like" button if there is one.
plus one.

last season's partnership of skertel and reina was the perfect partnership for disaster.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion