Onwards and upwards

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:28 pm

priceless. so now whenever we play well, instead of giving credit where it's due it's because the opposition were poor. no chance of course that we didn't allow them to play well or let them settle on the ball.

some people just look for the negatives in everything.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:31 pm

The Hustler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:22 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:29 pm wrote:Seriously, you are wasting your time.
Criticism is the new praise!
:laugh:

The other thing that gets on my wick, is forum posters telling other posters that they should not criticise or be negative about the team. We are all entitled to our own opinions, and thats what makes the debate.

Backing the manager in no way means we will play better!!

This topic made me chuckle a bit, in the title "Onwards and Upwards", you forgot to post the possibility of "sideways and backwards" too!, that could well happen also.

We do not have the STRENGTH and DEPTH in our squad, from what I have seen to go on a four game league winning run, so get your facts straight.

Saying we controlled the game yesterday 1st half is a slight distortion of the truth.United were VERY poor in the first half, giving the ball away, looking nervous, not a threat up front, and I was shocked at how bad they were. We were just marginally better. We still didn't have many shots on target, and were hardly a threat in the final third. Same old story.

But saying that by not criticising the manager or team, means we will play better, is a joke.

None of you can honestly tell me, that BR can definately turn it around, as none of you are Pshycic! Some fans didn't want BR to be appointed in the first place, in favour of a more experienced manager at the top level. So why should we back him if we have no faith :suspect:

Thats like betting on a blind, lame horse in a race. You have no faith in them.

It's up to the LFC players to do the business, not the fans. :no  :no

Im sorry, were you attempting to say something different or new there?
Or maybe something we didnt know?
You are doing exactly what I said in the previous post precisely because you have the right to express your opinion
:sleepy:
Let me ask you, do you believe in the supporters being the "12th man"?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby The Hustler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:42 pm

12th man?  Thommo, the Kop BOOED at full time yesterday, were they happy?? So much for the 12th man.

St MIchael, United were very poor 1st half, I should know I was watching the game. If we were that impressive, we would have been 3-0 up at half time. If we still had Alonso, Mascherano, Kuyt and Torres, we probably would have been too!

You just don't like to hear negative comments do you. Tell you what too, its not just me, it's the first time I have listened in to post match radio phone-ins, where people are now getting pretty sick of it.
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:42 pm

The Hustler wrote:
Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:29 pm wrote:Seriously, you are wasting your time.
Criticism is the new praise!

Get your facts Straight

Sorry but in what part did anyone state they were making a fact

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:45 pm

stmichael » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:28 pm wrote:priceless. so now whenever we play well, instead of giving credit where it's due it's because the opposition were poor. no chance of course that we didn't allow them to play well or let them settle on the ball.

But, you've said roughly the same thing Mick...

"we were by far the better side. united offered nothing whatsoever first half"

Utd offered nothing, doesn't mean that Liverpool played that well. It means that Liverpool weren't as bad as Utd.

I think most people would agree that they were decent in the first half, but overall the team aren't playing well enough. Not by a long shot.
tonyeh

Postby Rimetto » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:46 pm

[quote="The Hustler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:22 pm[/urlIt's up to the LFC players to do the business, not the fans. :no  :no[/quote]

I don't need to say anymore about people like you!! you've just proved the point with that statement.

YNWA
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Hustler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:51 pm

What happens, If we get to 10 games and we still haven't won, what shall we do then!? Gather round and let off party poppers, play twister, have a barbecue and do high fives??   :)

You so called Liverpool fans who think we are doing Ok, out to bugg*r off and go and support Everton or Tranmere, cause you haven't got the foggiest about what the club is all about.
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:51 pm

The Hustler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:42 pm wrote:12th man?  Thommo, the Kop BOOED at full time yesterday, were they happy?? So much for the 12th man.

St MIchael, United were very poor 1st half, I should know I was watching the game. If we were that impressive, we would have been 3-0 up at half time. If we still had Alonso, Mascherano, Kuyt and Torres, we probably would have been too!

You just don't like to hear negative comments do you. Tell you what too, its not just me, it's the first time I have listened in to post match radio phone-ins, where people are now getting pretty sick of it.

I must apologise. I have underestimated your thickness
Do you not think that those who booed were unhappy with the cu'nty decisions from a pr'ick of a referee rather than the display of the 10, then 9 players who slogged their guts out to the very last whistle?
"its not just me" Have you read my previous posts in this thread?
You are a fu'ckin whopper mate
Thommo's perm

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:54 pm

The Hustler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:51 pm wrote:What happens, If we get to 10 games and we still haven't won, what shall we do then!? Gather round and let off party poppers, play twister, have a barbecue and do high fives??   :)

You so called Liverpool fans who think we are doing Ok, out to bugg*r off and go and support Everton or Tranmere, cause you haven't got the foggiest about what the club is all about.

Was you there yesterday Hustler? If so did you boo the team as they finished?

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Rimetto » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:55 pm

tonyeh » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:45 pm wrote:
stmichael » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:28 pm wrote:priceless. so now whenever we play well, instead of giving credit where it's due it's because the opposition were poor. no chance of course that we didn't allow them to play well or let them settle on the ball.

But, you've said roughly the same thing Mick...

"we were by far the better side. united offered nothing whatsoever first half"

Utd offered nothing, doesn't mean that Liverpool played that well. It means that Liverpool weren't as bad as Utd.

I think most people would agree that they were decent in the first half, but overall the team aren't playing well enough. Not by a long shot.

i agree we are not were we need to be but the signs of improvement week on week are encouraging. The team and club are going through a transition from being a counter attacking side to a side you dominate possesion and control the games. This to be fair started under Kenny and BR has the task to carry it on with limited resources which i think will be a blessing because some of the youngsters that have been championed on this site for a while are finally getting the chance. And they look like they are upto the job so far Stirling has been amazing and Suso looked the part and lets not forget Jonjo is also young.

i think we've looked better every game we've played and thats's against a very tought start to tour fixtures. i think the next round of fixtures will be telling with regards to our the rest of the season pans out.
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Hustler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:00 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:51 pm wrote:Do you not think that those who booed were unhappy with the cu'nty decisions from a pr'ick of a referee rather than the display of the 10, then 9 players who slogged their guts out to the very last whistle?

Obviously not, according to talksport radio post match phone in , where I heard lots of LFC fans moaning about BR and the team!!  :D

(See above!)  :rasp

LOL How does insulting me, enhance your argument? You have no argument. :p
Last edited by The Hustler on Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Rimetto » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:00 pm

The Hustler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:51 pm wrote:What happens, If we get to 10 games and we still haven't won, what shall we do then!? Gather round and let off party poppers, play twister, have a barbecue and do high fives??   :)

No we get behind the team and give them our support not BOO them and let them think they do not have the support of the fans. I can't imagine a liverpool fan even thinking of Booing the team after the efforst they gave us yesterday.
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:03 pm

i've been critical of the side this season believe me. i'll give praise where it's due and criticise where it's due. i thought we were awful against arsenal for example and we fell apart in the second half against west brom. however i can't criticise our performance yesterday or against city or sunderland (2nd half) when we were easily the better side but made individual errors and were on the back of some shocking refereeing decisions.

we've now got norwich, stoke and reading before the derby at the end of october. we have to be looking at a minimum of 7 points from those three games, hopefully nine. if we keep playing the way we have in the last couple of games i'm sure the results will start to turn.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Hustler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:03 pm

LFC1990 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:54 pm wrote:
The Hustler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:51 pm wrote:What happens, If we get to 10 games and we still haven't won, what shall we do then!? Gather round and let off party poppers, play twister, have a barbecue and do high fives??   :)

Was you there yesterday Hustler? If so did you boo the team as they finished?

No I actually did not BOO.
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:04 pm

The Hustler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:00 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:51 pm wrote:Do you not think that those who booed were unhappy with the cu'nty decisions from a pr'ick of a referee rather than the display of the 10, then 9 players who slogged their guts out to the very last whistle?

Obviously not, according to talksport radio post match phone in , where I heard lots of LFC fans moaning about BR and the team!!  :D

(See above!)  :rasp

Big Mac actually :p

Mate Thommo gave you a reasonable Argument and because you are some Twit with not alot interesting to say you make ridiculous jokes. Do me and everyone a favour and either start supporting this side or do one

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion