Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby kazza » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:15 pm

They probably never saw his youtube clip
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:47 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:27 pm wrote:The Borini rumours seem to have some real substance ,he was a real class act in Chelsea's Academy ,looks a real poacher .

and Roma's first team

Although why Roma would want to let him go is anybody's guess ,maybe its his goal celebration  ???

Though I'm really skeptical, first of all he is Italian! when was the last time an Italian made it in the premiership?

Ben Smith from BBC thinks there is genuine interest
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:12 pm

metalhead » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:47 pm wrote:Though I'm really skeptical, first of all he is Italian! when was the last time an Italian made it in the premiership?

Ben Smith from BBC thinks there is genuine interest

I think any new manager likes to have players he is familiar with in the team ,I mean Mourinho brought all his back room, staff from Porto when he took
over at Chelsea, he also took Tiago from Benfica,and Ricardo Carvalho , Paulo Ferreira from his previous club  Porto .

I think Rodgers prefers to have players that he has in some respect nurtured ,in much the same way as Mourinho did .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:39 am

i expect the sigurdsson deal to be concluded in the next week.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:21 pm

Siggy is on holiday till the 4th

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:07 pm

Italian striker Fabio Borini says moving to Liverpool was never in his thoughts after signing a permanent deal at Roma.

The frontman joined the Giallorossi over the weekend after the capital club bought the remaining 50 per cent of the player from Serie A rivals Parma.

He had spent last season on loan at the Stadio Olimpico, scoring nine goals in 24 league appearances.

Speculation had linked the 21-year-old with Liverpool and a reunion with former boss Brendan Rodgers, who he worked under while on loan at Swansea from Chelsea.

But Borini, currently part of the Italian squad at Euro 2012, says he was only ever focused on staying at Roma and was not distracted by talk of an Anfield move.

He told The Sun: "I am a Roma player.

"It's not my business that there is talk about whether I go to Liverpool or stay. It doesn't matter to me, I am Roma."

He told the S*N ???

Feck off anyway
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:15 am

Looks like Gylfi is off to Spurs
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:16 am

So Borini and Gylfi snub us.. Worrying to be honest
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:32 am

metalhead » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:15 am wrote:Looks like Gylfi is off to Spurs

Is he any good though?

It does seem a bit worrying that we're unable to attract the two fella's we've been 'linked' with.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:57 pm

Turning down a manager who knows and rates you for a club without a manager who'll bring in his own players first chance he gets? Bizarre. He must think he is undroppable.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:12 pm

This Gylfi was prepared to join Swansea by all accounts with a deal in place yet we appear to be
floundering about so Spurs have nipped in meantime with an offer.

Most clubs like to get their deals done early but we seem to take an eternity to get anything
sorted and its very frustrating.

You have to be sharp and ahead of your opponents in the transfer market to get the best deals
and whilst I understand the club has undergone some major changes it will be of some concern
if we are unable to recruit a player like Gylfi who with respect is not one of Europes hottest
properties by any stretch of the imagination.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:47 pm

Gylfi Sigurdsson close to joining Tottenham from Hoffenheim

Tottenham have emerged as strong favourites to sign Hoffenheim's Iceland international Gylfi Sigurdsson.

The 22-year-old had looked set to join up with former boss Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool following a successful loan spell under him at Swansea last season.

But while Liverpool's interest is ongoing, the midfielder is expected to move to White Hart Lane.

Spurs will pay around £8m for the player, though any deal is unlikely to be confirmed until 1 July.

Barring a last-minute change of heart, Liverpool look likely to miss out on one of their principal transfer targets.

The Reds have not yet conceded defeat but will need to go some way to matching the more lucrative package being offered by Spurs to revive the deal.

In May, Swansea revealed they had agreed personal terms with Sigurdsson after having a transfer fee of £6.8m accepted by Hoffenheim, but no deal has been finalised.
Benny The Noon

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:14 pm

as per usual we will end up probably doing most of our business on deadline day. :glare:
i agree though getting snubbed by both borini and gylfi is worrying especially in the case of the latter as you would think he had some loyalty to the man that brought him to the prem in the first place.
get your finger out brendan ffs.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:41 pm

what's happened is that spurs have out in a bid for 10 million that hoffenhiem have agreed to, seeing as its a good 3 million more than we were offering then there's no surprise there. as the player himself is on holiday, then this would only be talk between the clubs and the player's representatives. if he doesn't agree terms then there is no deal. i don't think this one is over yet. if we really want him, and if he values playing for rodgers then i don't see any reason why we shouldn't be able to up our offer and do the deal.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:28 pm

Apparently, Sigurdsson wants to be payed more than 70k a week! f*ck it, I don't want this guy. Greedy ***** if true.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill