Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Mikz » Sat May 19, 2018 2:25 pm

i agree hes a good player that boy , plus - he looks like ruud gullit  :oops:
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat May 19, 2018 7:48 pm

He's very good Ake but didn't Bournemouth pay £15m for him? I'm sure they'd demand at least £35m after this year. I suppose that is cheapish is this ridiculous market at present.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun May 20, 2018 1:51 am

Would love someone like Danilo Pereira or Manolas.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sun May 20, 2018 9:17 pm

The Fekir rumours are gathering pace
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon May 21, 2018 2:44 am

Nabil Fakir signing is supposed to be close to completion for 60m from Lyon to LFC.
The attacking midfielder has scored 22 goals in 38 appearances this season.

Looks the real deal!
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon May 21, 2018 7:16 am

Yup i think it will be announced after the CL final.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon May 21, 2018 11:07 am

Us and United are heavily linked with Anderson Talisca. He would be a brilliant replacement for Can/Pogba depending which one he goes too. He's been a stand out player the last two years and would be a improvement on Can tbh. Hope Manure don't steal the deal.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon May 21, 2018 11:38 am

Never fekin' heard of him but I'd never heard of fekir' either!

Besiktas Boss Suggests Anderson Talisca is off to Liverpool
https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/05/20/be ... on-talisca
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon May 21, 2018 12:44 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Mon May 21, 2018 1:44 am wrote:Nabil Fakir signing is supposed to be close to completion for 60m from Lyon to LFC.
The attacking midfielder has scored 22 goals in 38 appearances this season.

Looks the real deal!

He is a great player however now that Lyon made it to the CL our chances to sign him are smaller...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon May 21, 2018 3:07 pm

Jurgen Klopp has identified Burnley's James Tarkowski and Newcastle United's Jamaal Lascelles as his summer centre-half targets, as he seeks to bolster his Liverpool squad for next season.

The Champions League finalists want to bring in three to four players in the close-season window - including a goalkeeper, likely Jack Butland, and another attacker - but centre-half is again a priority position.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 61576.html
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon May 21, 2018 4:02 pm

Reg » Mon May 21, 2018 10:38 am wrote:Never fekin' heard of him but I'd never heard of fekir' either!

Besiktas Boss Suggests Anderson Talisca is off to Liverpool
https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/05/20/be ... on-talisca

There's contradictory reports on Talisca, some outlets seem certain it's United he's off to.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Eagle » Mon May 21, 2018 5:51 pm

Judging by what we need and the rumours circulating, what do we think Klopp will try to do this summer? My guess in order of importance:

-A replacement for Coutinho who can play in the front 3 or in midfield if we need more creativity against teams defending deep. Nabil Fekir?

-In addition to the Coutinho replacement, another player to provide genuine competition for the front 3. Ousmane Dembélé or Leon Bailey?

-A replacement for Can. Someone who can be the deepest midfielder. Someone who has good defensive awareness and also the passing range to play "quarterback". Dani Ceballos?

-A first choice CB to play alongside VVD. Jamaal Lascelles or James Tarkowski?

-A left back to replace Morneo if he wants to leave for first team football. No idea.

-Goalkeeper(s) to replace Mignolet and possibly Ward if he doesn't want to spend another season doing nothing. No idea but Butland wouldn't make sense on the face of it.

So we're probably looking at 4 important signings, in addition to Keita.
Eagle

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon May 21, 2018 6:49 pm

I'd never heard of Fakir myself either really, wasn't on the radar. But if you tune in to some YouTube highlights of the season, he has great dribbling ability, can score as well.
We need more goals from midfield areas now, not that we need more goals overall, but as back up if our front three get injuries etc, and against teams who park the bus.

We haven't any regular midfielders who can get you 10+ goals a season.

Jorginho and Dembele are also on our radar, but Jorginho is also linked with Man City and Man Utd.

CB wise, we have five currently, will Klopp buy anymore!?

Either Jorginho, Fakir or Lemar lining up with Keita next season, will be a great improvement on this season.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon May 21, 2018 9:34 pm

Eagle » Mon May 21, 2018 4:51 pm wrote:Judging by what we need and the rumours circulating, what do we think Klopp will try to do this summer? My guess in order of importance:

-A replacement for Coutinho who can play in the front 3 or in midfield if we need more creativity against teams defending deep. Nabil Fekir?

-In addition to the Coutinho replacement, another player to provide genuine competition for the front 3. Ousmane Dembélé or Leon Bailey?

-A replacement for Can. Someone who can be the deepest midfielder. Someone who has good defensive awareness and also the passing range to play "quarterback". Dani Ceballos?

-A first choice CB to play alongside VVD. Jamaal Lascelles or James Tarkowski?

-A left back to replace Morneo if he wants to leave for first team football. No idea.

This is the closest to what I've read, though I think some of them are a tier below what we should be looking at.

No point in Dembele, it would be a loan with an option to buy that would cost a fortune - or Barca would ultimately keep him.

-Goalkeeper(s) to replace Mignolet and possibly Ward if he doesn't want to spend another season doing nothing. No idea but Butland wouldn't make sense on the face of it.

So we're probably looking at 4 important signings, in addition to Keita.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Tue May 22, 2018 1:12 am

I wouldn't be surprised if clubs whisper to each other in the background and if LFC allow City a free run at Jorginho then they'll stand aside when we go for our choice etc...
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill