Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:58 pm

A few reports emerging now that Coutinho is refusing to play for us again and will go on strike to get his move  :down:   Getting sick of the little bollux now and we should refuse point blank to sell him to Barca  :nod  The club should sue the little pr!ck and then charge him more than what Barca are willing to pay so he can buy out his contract.
We won't do any of that though  :no Probably because we have already started spending it.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:59 pm

maguskwt » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:53 am wrote:
Klopptomaniac » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:09 am wrote:
7_Kewell » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:19 am wrote:Reports in Spain saying we want £160m for Coutinho...if we can organise that for the summer then I'd be satisfied.

Unless of course, he wants to stay...

Hopefully we've got the sense to get his replacement sorted before letting him go.

We're still feeling the after affects of the Neymar transfer, it's money nobody wants to touch because it increases fees straight away.

Klopp may feel that he does not need Coutinho's replacement. He has Mane, Salah, Firmino and Ox. But that will be a mistake because non of them have the vision and playmaking ability of Couts...

The club would have to do something, selling your best player doesn't look good, it just sends out the wrong signals on so many levels including giving your rivals a big lift. Imagine if De Gea left United this window? We'd all be made up.
Players like Coutinho and De Gea aren't easy to replace and everyone knows it, that's why the moment Phil leaves our rivals will be celebrating.
Twice over the last decade we have put together a team capable of winning the title, once in 08 under Rafa and again in 2013 under Brendan. Both times we were forced into selling the lynchpin of our team and both times we went into a tailspin, our rivals will be no doubt hoping that history repeats itself again.
We could make a statement in the transfer market and sign someone like Lemar but it would still be a gamble, yes he is uber talented but so were the likes of Schevchenko and Veron when they came to this country.
IMO the only way to adequately replace Phil is to make 2 marquee signings, if we brought in say Lemar and Kovacic then it wouldn't necessarily look like a backward step and there would be a good chance that the team would be stronger.
I don't believe any one player could replace Phil, imo he's the best number 10 in world football, but 2 quality players might.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:03 pm

If we sign both Lemar and Kovavic I will personally gift wrap Phil and ship him to Spain.

IMO Klopp will make both a world beater but why am I wasting my time to get my hopes up...its not gonna happened and FSG will not sanctioned it
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:05 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:58 pm wrote:A few reports emerging now that Coutinho is refusing to play for us again and will go on strike to get his move  :down:   Getting sick of the little bollux now and we should refuse point blank to sell him to Barca  :nod  The club should sue the little pr!ck and then charge him more than what Barca are willing to pay so he can buy out his contract.
We won't do any of that though  :no Probably because we have already started spending it.

Let him...6 months warming the beach will do his world cup hope a world of good
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:58 pm

Totally agree with Yakka. We've done this twice and must surely learn our lesson, IF (BIG IF) we let him go we've got to have a plan to mitigate the impact of losing him and sending out the wrong signals to potential targets. Phil can do one if we get the right changes in place. Losing him and bringing no one in will set us back.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:20 pm

Klopptomaniac » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:58 pm wrote:Totally agree with Yakka. We've done this twice and must surely learn our lesson, IF (BIG IF) we let him go we've got to have a plan to mitigate the impact of losing him and sending out the wrong signals to potential targets. Phil can do one if we get the right changes in place. Losing him and bringing no one in will set us back.

The club probably think that by signing someone like Lemar that we will be replacing Phil but even with Lemar we will be taking a step backwards.
Lemar has huge potential but he is only 21 and has never kicked a ball in England, Phil is 25 and is an experienced premier league player who has over 200 appearances for this club to his name. Phil has played in all weathers against all types of opponents and in all types of stadiums, he has played Cup ties in ramshackle old cowsheds and he has played at the likes of Wembley, Old Trafford and the Emirates too.
After 5 years in England Phil knows English football like the back of his hand, Lemar would just be starting that same journey Phil did back in January 2013.
That's why I think the club needs to make 2 quality signings, and when I say quality I mean quality. If we could get Lemar and Kovacic it would actually be up in the air who has got the better deal, some would say Barca some would say us and that's what we need to do.
As I said (and you picked up on mate) we have been here twice before over the past decade, we can't allow the same thing to happen again. I know it would be difficult to get players like Lemar and Kovacic here but that's what star administrators do, that's why a paper shuffler like Peter Robinson is a genuine legend of this club.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:00 pm

If we don't replace him it will be like Suarez, Alonso scenario all over again. Replacing Coutinho could well and define Klopps success here.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:20 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:58 pm wrote:A few reports emerging now that Coutinho is refusing to play for us again and will go on strike to get his move  :down:   Getting sick of the little bollux now and we should refuse point blank to sell him to Barca  :nod  The club should sue the little pr!ck and then charge him more than what Barca are willing to pay so he can buy out his contract.

I really hope this isn't true. It would be a real slap in the face, especially after the way the club has stuck by him and his b0llocks over the summer.

I'm not against him leaving, but it has to be on our terms and at our price. Neither of which are on the table right now...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:38 pm

It's being reported in the Guardian that Phil wants the deal to happen this month, the article also states that we won't accept anything less than £130m.
Us selling Phil will be a nice late Christmas present for all our rivals.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:35 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:38 pm wrote:It's being reported in the Guardian that Phil wants the deal to happen this month, the article also states that we won't accept anything less than £130m.

Most of these articles are based on reports in Spanish newspapers. And most of those newspapers are affiliated to Barca.

I don't doubt that Coutinho wants out. And the sooner the better. But the Barca media machine is in full swing and there are very few facts. For example, Twatter was saying that Coutinho held his leaving party at the Titanic hotel recently. However, that was actually the players' new year's party...

So many headlines, so few facts.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:05 am

7_Kewell » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:35 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:38 pm wrote:It's being reported in the Guardian that Phil wants the deal to happen this month, the article also states that we won't accept anything less than £130m.

Most of these articles are based on reports in Spanish newspapers. And most of those newspapers are affiliated to Barca.

I don't doubt that Coutinho wants out. And the sooner the better. But the Barca media machine is in full swing and there are very few facts. For example, Twatter was saying that Coutinho held his leaving party at the Titanic hotel recently. However, that was actually the players' new year's party...

You could see in that interview where Chamberlain had to step in that Phil wasn't interested in committing himself to us. He obviously wants out and can't even be bothered trying hide it in front of the tv camera's and the watching millions.
What we need to do now is take Barcelona the cleaners, okay they want him, well they are going to have to pay through the nose for him. He is still under a 5 year contract and there's no buy out clause so we still hold all the cards, £150m in cash should be the bare minimum we walk away with. No add ons or performance related bonuses or any of that malarkey, no part ex's either.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:15 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:05 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:35 pm wrote:

You could see in that interview where Chamberlain had to step in that Phil wasn't interested in committing himself to us. He obviously wants out and can't even be bothered trying hide it in front of the tv camera's and the watching millions.
What we need to do now is take Barcelona the cleaners, okay they want him, well they are going to have to pay through the nose for him. He is still under a 5 year contract and there's no buy out clause so we still hold all the cards, £150m in cash should be the bare minimum we walk away with. No add ons or performance related bonuses or any of that malarkey, no part ex's either.

You're right. We hold all of the cards.

Even if Coutinho downs tools for January, we'll get by. And he'll come back again. That said, I understand Klopp's frustration with it all.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:53 am

Just wondering anyone feel Mahrez would be a good choice? Not magical as Coutinho but a very very good player. Experienced in Epl and hitting his prime he would thrive under klopp.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:09 am

redshade » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:53 pm wrote:Just wondering anyone feel Mahrez would be a good choice? Not magical as Coutinho but a very very good player. Experienced in Epl and hitting his prime he would thrive under klopp.

Would be a downgrade in my honest opinion. I'd sooner we sign proven quality or someone young who Klopp see's as a future star. Lemar is the obvious choice. Although I'd like to see us go all out and push for Sanchez too, but don't think he'd join as he seems City bound.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:44 am

7_Kewell » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:09 am wrote:
redshade » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:53 pm wrote:Just wondering anyone feel Mahrez would be a good choice? Not magical as Coutinho but a very very good player. Experienced in Epl and hitting his prime he would thrive under klopp.

Would be a downgrade in my honest opinion. I'd sooner we sign proven quality or someone young who Klopp see's as a future star. Lemar is the obvious choice. Although I'd like to see us go all out and push for Sanchez too, but don't think he'd join as he seems City bound.

Just reading that apparently Lemar has been poor so far this season, I think he's got something like 2 goals and 4 assists which is certainly not £100m form.
Obviously this dip in form could be down to all the speculation in the summer unsettling him or maybe it's because he is only 21 and young players go through peaks and troughs but still, it is certainly food for thought.
Mahrez will probably never reach the heady heights Lemar will but on the flip side you know what you are getting with Mahrez.
The lad who is actually taking the French league by storm is the player Arsenal have got lined up as Sanchez's replacement, his name is Nabil Fekir and he looks amazing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill