Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 12, 2017 7:30 pm

only me » Tue May 09, 2017 6:14 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 09, 2017 5:27 pm wrote:Keane is just an average Mathew Upson style plodder, we have better players already at the club, I'd be gutted if we got him. Don't want Salah either, he's okay but nothing special, I'd rather we went for Traore from Boro or Redmond from Southampton.
The managers change but the underwhelming names don't.

Traore?? Really mate? He is a total donkey...Salah is a finished article and would be a good boost for the squad...However he is at a CL team right now in a much better weather he wouldn't move..I think we should raid Teams in France and Germany..Maybe from Monaco or others they have a lot of hidden gems

Traore is only 20 and improving all the time, I think having someone in our front 3 with his pace and ability to go past players would add an extra dimension to our attack. According to Sky though Chelsea inquired about him in January and are planning on going back for him in the summer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Fri May 12, 2017 10:20 pm

Think Traore would be another business decision for Chelsea, few cameos at best then on the market for profit with his profile upgraded by association.

Salah I really like but he almost seems too similar to Mane, I prefer different qualities so we have the option of another solution.

Linked to this Brazilian wonderkid Luan for £25-30m, new Neymar, well weve heard it all before so lets see.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat May 13, 2017 12:24 am

Anyone heard of this lad

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... p-10411399

Luan from Gremio

Here a lil clip from youtube

https://youtu.be/q8q8Iphozx8
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 13, 2017 11:29 am

He looks half decent but the new Neymar is pushing it a bit. He's only a year younger than Coutinho/Neymar as well so it begs the question if he is such a potential superstar what's he doing still playing in Brazil? Coutinho for instance left South America to play in Europe back in 2010 and there's only 12 months in age difference.
For him to get into his early to mid twenties and not be picked up by a Portuguese, Spanish or Italian club (who are usually pretty adept at identifying South American talent) does make me a bit suspicious.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 13, 2017 1:59 pm

I think we need to stay away from superstars of the future for the time being. We don't do anything with them anyway except replace them a year or 2 later with more future superstars. We would be much better off just signing 3 players that are capable of going straight into the 1st 11.  Joe Gomez deserves a shot and not replaced with a player like Michael Keane, Likewise with Marko Grujic.
If we want to push on we need accomplished players this summer.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat May 13, 2017 11:03 pm

Doeboy

Postby parchpea » Sat May 13, 2017 11:53 pm

Hull City left back Andrew Robertson linked, a relegated left back possibly marginally better than Milner. We are in for a roller coaster summer I can feel it, possibly more intense than the season itself. I dont know whether to laugh or cry.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun May 14, 2017 6:29 am

I read that the Luan deal has been accepted
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun May 14, 2017 6:53 am

Yup same here but seems like its just reports from Brazil.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 14, 2017 9:05 am

kazza » Sun May 14, 2017 5:29 am wrote:I read that the Luan deal has been accepted

Wow, let's just hope he is the real deal then and for once we have beaten the likes of Benfica, Barcelona, S.Donetsk etc to the punch.
It certainly would be a huge coup for our scouting department to pluck a potential superstar directly out of Brazil especially given that country is crawling with talent spotters from other clubs.
Didn't Lucas play for Gremio? Maybe he still has friends at the club and they have tipped him the wink or something.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun May 14, 2017 12:57 pm

parchpea » Sat May 13, 2017 10:53 pm wrote:Hull City left back Andrew Robertson linked, a relegated left back possibly marginally better than Milner. We are in for a roller coaster summer I can feel it, possibly more intense than the season itself. I dont know whether to laugh or cry.

Watching him we Palace at the moment and to be honest he looks garbage
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 14, 2017 1:51 pm

Doeboy » Sun May 14, 2017 11:57 am wrote:
parchpea » Sat May 13, 2017 10:53 pm wrote:Hull City left back Andrew Robertson linked, a relegated left back possibly marginally better than Milner. We are in for a roller coaster summer I can feel it, possibly more intense than the season itself. I dont know whether to laugh or cry.

Watching him we Palace at the moment and to be honest he looks garbage

I know it's a bit unfair to judge a player on one game but I have to agree. He doesn't look anything special at all.
Rather keep Moreno tbh.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun May 14, 2017 4:50 pm

If we do secure top 4 Im expecting this thread to be pinging over the summer, 2000 pages  :nod  :D
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun May 14, 2017 7:04 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 14, 2017 8:05 am wrote:
kazza » Sun May 14, 2017 5:29 am wrote:I read that the Luan deal has been accepted

Wow, let's just hope he is the real deal then and for once we have beaten the likes of Benfica, Barcelona, S.Donetsk etc to the punch.
It certainly would be a huge coup for our scouting department to pluck a potential superstar directly out of Brazil especially given that country is crawling with talent spotters from other clubs.
Didn't Lucas play for Gremio? Maybe he still has friends at the club and they have tipped him the wink or something.

I agree with you that him being 24 and not picked up yet is a little suspicious but as you said Lucas did play for Gremio so hopefully inside knowledge and he lives up to the hype. If he is as good as he looks, a quartet of Coutinho, Firmino, Mane and him will make us great to watch. If he takes Coutinho's spot and Coutinho plays deeper, we should be able to unlock these teams that play deep. We still need a CB, LB and defensive midfielder!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun May 14, 2017 7:13 pm

Its important we keep Lucas he can settle the Brazilian players and help them blend into the side.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill