Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:26 am

We might have a team of players called Gomes/Gomez in a few years :)
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/03/li ... otout-win/
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:28 pm

Couts

Mane        Brandt
    Lacazette

I would love that attack for next season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:57 pm

Dream on. Brandt will go to Bayern. Lacazette staying put.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:51 pm

Lacazzette  :laugh: Brandt  :laugh:

More like a bosman to replace Moreno  :nod Our 1st target appears to be a lad from schalke who's out of contract in the summer but he's wanted by the chavs who had a bid turned down in January and Juve. He is not coming here  :no Do we even have another target lined up ?  :nod  A super super talented 16 year old Ryan Sessegnon  :buttrock  Anyway it isn't a position that needs to be addressed either because Milner is surely good for at least another 2 years at LB and in that time a talented replacement might be born.

As much as we want to believe things will change they won't.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:19 am

Michael Keanes cap last night frames it perfectly for FSG, England International signs  :D
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:23 am

red till i die!! » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:51 am wrote:Lacazzette  :laugh: Brandt  :laugh:

More like a bosman to replace Moreno  :nod Our 1st target appears to be a lad from schalke who's out of contract in the summer but he's wanted by the chavs who had a bid turned down in January and Juve. He is not coming here  :no Do we even have another target lined up ?  :nod  A super super talented 16 year old Ryan Sessegnon  :buttrock  Anyway it isn't a position that needs to be addressed either because Milner is surely good for at least another 2 years at LB and in that time a talented replacement might be born.

As much as we want to believe things will change they won't.

The only thing going in our favour for Kolasinac is Matip....they're mates, apparently. However, that said, everyone is after him and he literally has his pick of Europe's elite when it comes to his next transfer. Hopefully Klopp can persuade him to come here because he's a very good player.

Feel sorry for schalke though. That's two key defenders they've lost now on a free in the space of 12 months.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:40 am

Apparently City and Arsenal want Kolasinac to. Think once City get involved, it becomes tricky
Doeboy

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:22 pm

parchpea » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:19 am wrote:Michael Keanes cap last night frames it perfectly for FSG, England International signs  :D

Looked ok, one for the future
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:59 pm

Van Dijk linked again but I think he will probably have better options and the price will be very high for us.

Least we are being linked to defenders and for me the whole back line and keeper needs an overhaul even if takes up the whole budget.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:52 pm

parchpea » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:59 pm wrote:Van Dijk linked again but I think he will probably have better options and the price will be very high for us.

Least we are being linked to defenders and for me the whole back line and keeper needs an overhaul even if takes up the whole budget.

The "whole back line " ?    :no . I'd deffo like to see it strengthened BUT wouldn't want to throw out the baby with the bathwater. 

Clyne , good to very good RB , we could perhaps do better but hardly a position in need of urgent repair.

Matip & Loveren, two good (and sometimes very good) CB's, agree we could improve here, wouldn't complain if we spent big on a commanding game savvy CB who would organise and run the back four.

Milner, got to give the fella credit for the job he's done playing at LB, how good would he be if he had Moreno's legs  ! (  :D  ) but it is a position that needs to be addressed .

Mignolet   :wwww   We've all had a go at this fella,wouldn't complain if we signed another experienced keeper but is Mignolet as bad as we sometimes paint him ?

How good would/could he be with a stronger more organised back four in front of him ? ? ?

If I was spending money on our defence, I'd lump it all on a top shelf CB, followed by the best available LB and with money left over maybe another experienced/proven GK  (e.g. Joe Hart)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:19 pm

We could sign better individuals in defence, but bottom line is our system exposes whoever plays there. We could have Baresi and Maldini in their prime back there and still concede goals with nobody effectively screening in front of them and no reliable keeper (although has to be said Migs has done ok recently). With the amount of players we commit forward we are always vulnerable to pace and quick breaks. I don't think Lovren and Matip are a problem but we could do with better depth at CB.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:41 pm

JC_81 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:19 pm wrote:We could sign better individuals in defence, but bottom line is our system exposes whoever plays there. We could have Baresi and Maldini in their prime back there and still concede goals with nobody effectively screening in front of them and no reliable keeper (although has to be said Migs has done ok recently). With the amount of players we commit forward we are always vulnerable to pace and quick breaks. I don't think Lovren and Matip are a problem but we could do with better depth at CB.

Agree. Defense of Clyne, Matip, Lovren and Milner are more than capable of having a good defensive record. Look at Chelsea. There first choice back 5 is:
Moses, a average winger converted to a wingback
Azpilicueta, a full back playing at centre back
Cahill - Decent defender but is he that much better than what we have?
Luiz - Always had question marks over him as a defender that
Alonso - Done well

Think our poor defensive record is more down to our style of play and maybe not having the quick, zippy midfielders who can get about and see danger quickly and extinguish it.
Doeboy

Postby parchpea » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:52 pm

Moses isn't outstanding but Chelseas other defenders are superior to ours, we just dont have that quality at the back.

Absolutely agree DMF is critical and we need 2 really not just 1.

Thing is with us we have Can and Grujic who both still have time to develop into the real deal but we arent sure what their best position is or if they will ever deliver.

Chelsea had a champion with Matic but still bought Kante and can stick Luis in there, 3 options where we have none. Ake is a young defender that in my opinion is better than anything we have at CB and cant get a sniff.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:00 pm

Are Chelsea's centre backs really better than ours though?

Cahill is average imo. Azpilicueta is a right back. Luiz is, and always has been dodgy.

The difference is they have a class keeper, they play 3 centre backs not 2, and they are screened by Kante and Matic.

For me, stick Lovren, Matip and Sakho in there as their 3 centre halves and it probably strengthens them.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:39 pm

JC_81 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:00 pm wrote:Are Chelsea's centre backs really better than ours though?

Cahill is average imo. Azpilicueta is a right back. Luiz is, and always has been dodgy.

The difference is they have a class keeper, they play 3 centre backs not 2, and they are screened by Kante and Matic.

For me, stick Lovren, Matip and Sakho in there as their 3 centre halves and it probably strengthens them.

Agree about Lovren, Matip and Sakho mate, I think they have the potential to be a fine back 3. Incidentally i think playing in a 3 could even be Can's best position too. Must admit though I've got my heart set on that Greek lad from Roma who's name escapes me atm, he looks like the second coming of Tommy Smith.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill