Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby maguskwt » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:08 pm

I know I complain about buying mid-table club players... but I really won't mind if we did a double swoop on Vardy and Mahrez... I think they will improve our team and add strength in depth...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:10 pm

maguskwt » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:08 pm wrote:I know I complain about buying mid-table club players... but I really won't mind if we did a double swoop on Vardy and Mahrez... I think they will improve our team and add strength in depth...

Not all that keen on Vardy. He's been poor this season and was rather influential in the team turning against Ranieri' and forcing him out.

Mahrez is good though. Would be a huge upgrade over Can.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:23 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:10 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:08 pm wrote:I know I complain about buying mid-table club players... but I really won't mind if we did a double swoop on Vardy and Mahrez... I think they will improve our team and add strength in depth...

Not all that keen on Vardy. He's been poor this season and was rather influential in the team turning against Ranieri' and forcing him out.

Mahrez is good though. Would be a huge upgrade over Can.

Would also be an upgrade over Karius.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:41 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:46 pm wrote:
redshade » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:41 pm wrote:We need a player like this to head in our corners/crosses

https://youtu.be/DLzDRge6P0U

lol, that's boss that, especially at the end where he is using it like a boxer on a speedball.  :laugh:  :bowdown
The sheep watching in the background as well  :laugh:

:D co ordination is spot on aswel.
Need him in defense.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:26 am

Kostas Monalas 25yr old CB from Roma linked.
His rated at 35mill apparently.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:10 am

redshade » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:26 pm wrote:Kostas Monalas 25yr old CB from Roma linked.

looks like most players go for 30+ million these days!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:59 am

redshade » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:26 pm wrote:Kostas Monalas 25yr old CB from Roma linked.

Just had a look at him on YouTube and I really like the cut of his jib! He actually reminds me a bit of Tommy Smith, he's built solidly, deceptively skillful, throws himself/blocks everything and for a decent sized unit is pretty quick over the ground too. He is exactly the type of defender we need.
This lad + a top keeper + a top left back + a decent DM would completely revolutionise us, having a solid defence would transform us into a different team.
I really hope we get him.

Edit - here's a clip of him https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SsG0bIcehU4
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:11 pm

Monalas has been really solid for the last couple of years at Roma. He's very quick which would help us defend against these teams that park us the bus and catch us on the counter. I think £30m would be money well spent.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:31 pm

This Kylian Mbappe kid at Monaco scored another 2 this weekend after his goal against City midweek. Looks like the second coming of Thierry Henry at only 18 and is going to be some player. Would love it if we were able to get him but the way he has shot onto the scene, the moneybags clubs will be all over him, if not this summer, then the next. Zidane already trying to push Real Madrid into signing him
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:34 pm

Doeboy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:31 pm wrote:This Kylian Mbappe kid at Monaco scored another 2 this weekend after his goal against City midweek. Looks like the second coming of Thierry Henry at only 18 and is going to be some player. Would love it if we were able to get him but the way he has shot onto the scene, the moneybags clubs will be all over him, if not this summer, then the next. Zidane already trying to push Real Madrid into signing him

He did look good that lad, their 2 fullbacks looked the part as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:21 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:34 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:31 pm wrote:This Kylian Mbappe kid at Monaco scored another 2 this weekend after his goal against City midweek. Looks like the second coming of Thierry Henry at only 18 and is going to be some player. Would love it if we were able to get him but the way he has shot onto the scene, the moneybags clubs will be all over him, if not this summer, then the next. Zidane already trying to push Real Madrid into signing him

He did look good that lad, their 2 fullbacks looked the part as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing any of that Monaco first eleven at Liverpool, but if I had a choice it would be that Thomas Lemar, lightening quick, never erratic, technically superb and his crossing is exceptional.

Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:32 pm

Man Utd academy product and Burnley defender Michael Keane linked.

I love transfer speculation but not this type, the worry is you wouldn't put it beyond reality with us.

Dont know whats worth the absolute BS linking us with someone like Hummels or what feels like trolls at work linking us to a Burnley centre half.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:02 pm

I was just wondering how posters are feeling over the news Chelsea and Spurs are both vying to bring Suso back to England   ???

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/milan-suso-is-having-a-great-season-as-chelsea-and-juve-have-str-29772

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:07 pm

If Suso has reached a level we didn't anticipate smart clubs cover that with first option or a financial piece of any future transaction, that happens literally everywhere if you invest time in youth like we did with this boy.

If thats the case I am not too dissapointed because you cannot keep everyone forever but if not then its more poor business, a business thats as much about outs as ins, its always important to ensure the club is covered.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:58 pm

parchpea » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:32 pm wrote:Man Utd academy product and Burnley defender Michael Keane linked.

I love transfer speculation but not this type, the worry is you wouldn't put it beyond reality with us.

Yeah knowing us we probably saw some of the figures being bandied around for Monolas and decided to look for cheaper options.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill