Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:07 pm

JC_81 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:45 pm wrote:Serious questions need to be asked of Klopp if he thinks going into the season with Moreno and Milner as the options at LB is adequate. We won't even have Flanno to call on by the looks of it.

Just get it sorted and bring in a decent left back FFS.

:nod  100% agree.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:39 pm

JC_81 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:45 pm wrote:Serious questions need to be asked of Klopp if he thinks going into the season with Moreno and Milner as the options at LB is adequate. We won't even have Flanno to call on by the looks of it.

Just get it sorted and bring in a decent left back FFS.

We've got Joe Gomez as well I suppose but teams were targeting him as a weakness at the beginning of last season. I forget who we were playing now but someone was constantly pinging balls into our LB area waiting for the inevitable mistake to happen.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:19 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:47 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:18 pm wrote:Perhaps JK will deploy a 3-5-2 or a 3-4-3 or a variation = 3-6-1?
Who knows what JK is thinking, but he doesn't seemed worried.
Perhaps 3 at the back is his long-term thinking. Milner would easily make a good wing back.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
  :hearts

Not an unrealistic observation JB. 3-5-2 Would certainly suit Clyne and especially Moreno's game.

It does however raise the question "where the fk do we find 3 quality CB's that can play week in week out.

Also, how do we keep the shed load of attacking talent we have on our books happy ? given they'll all be vying for one of just 4 (maybe 5) positions .

Players having to fight for positions is always a good thing.
That aside, I think it's a bit harsh to be critical of JK if we end up not getter a LB during this window.
Facts need to be considered mainly the 2 obvious:
1. JK no.1 LB choice does not want to come to LFC
2. JK no.1-2-3 and fourth are not available at this time
---
I for one am quite happy to see a team built over time rather than splashing cash for the h£ll of it...
Its not like we need proof...
We still can not off-load that jackass 'Bolognese' for love nor money.
---
Yes I'm frustrated like any fan, however the frustration of pi$$ing good money after bad IS WORSE!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:43 am

If we don't procure a LB then maybe Klopp will look to the U21's ,I think Joe Maquire could come in and do a job ,solid little defender with Kuyt like stamina who impressed last pre- season under you know who.
Even Sam Hart who  really loves a tackle and relishes pushing forward to support the attack ,always  impressed when I've watched the lad ,has a bit of class about him.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:58 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:43 am wrote:If we don't procure a LB then maybe Klopp will look to the U21's ,I think Joe Maquire could come in and do a job ,solid little defender with Kuyt like stamina who impressed last pre- season under you know who.
Even Sam Hart who  really loves a tackle and relishes pushing forward to support the attack ,always  impressed when I've watched the lad ,has a bit of class about him.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but we also have Juanma Garcia on trial with the option to buy from Barcelona who is a left back, he played for the u21's against Rhyl and did ok

Not 100% sure if we have signed him permanently as I haven't seen much more written about him, but there was an article in the Echo about a week back, actually just found it http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... a-11657846

All being said I would feel a lot more comfortable if we signed an experienced left back rather than relying on youngsters on a week in week out basis or a makeshift left back
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:09 pm

C-R » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:58 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:43 am wrote:If we don't procure a LB then maybe Klopp will look to the U21's ,I think Joe Maquire could come in and do a job ,solid little defender with Kuyt like stamina who impressed last pre- season under you know who.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but we also have Juanma Garcia on trial with the option to buy from Barcelona who is a left back, he played for the u21's against Rhyl and did ok

Not 100% sure if we have signed him permanently as I haven't seen much more written about him, but there was an article in the Echo about a week back, actually just found it http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... a-11657846

All being said I would feel a lot more comfortable if we signed an experienced left back rather than relying on youngsters on a week in week out basis or a makeshift left back

All the LB's we have been linked with albeit for Hector 26 and De Sciglio 23 are young and relatively  inexperienced ,case in point Chilwell 19 ,even Hulls Robertson and Villa's Amavi are only 22 . My point is if Klopp was willing to give a 19-year-old the LB spot why can't he blood a few Scouse youngsters ? Garcia is actually listed as a CB and more intriguingly on Wiki he's a forward for Real Betis B I think Liverpool have just been playing him at LB to see if there's any natural flair for the role .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:06 am

Zielinski signs for Napoli for 8 mill. Im sure they wanted a lot more from us... hmm
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:47 pm

redshade » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:06 pm wrote:Zielinski signs for Napoli for 8 mill. Im sure they wanted a lot more from us... hmm

Didn't we offer 12m?

Not surprised we wouldn't cough it up now
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:02 pm

Klopp has indicated (well more of a hint ) that he intends to bring in one or two more players ,hopefully, a  LB and a DM .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:08 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:02 pm wrote:Klopp has indicated (well more of a hint ) that he intends to bring in one or two more players ,hopefully, a  LB and a DM .

yes, saw that interview, it was a belter, he really has a way with words

on the subject of DM, the Joao Mario rumor's have started up again, I admit I don't remember a great deal of him from the euro's although it was indicated earlier in this thread that he played a pivotal role in the centre of the Portugese team

the money being quoted for him is obscene to say the least, but if he is a good enough player then why not
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:23 pm

Here's the Brazilian kid we're after, Luan Viera .

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:12 pm

C-R » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:08 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:02 pm wrote:Klopp has indicated (well more of a hint ) that he intends to bring in one or two more players ,hopefully, a  LB and a DM .

yes, saw that interview, it was a belter, he really has a way with words

on the subject of DM, the Joao Mario rumor's have started up again, I admit I don't remember a great deal of him from the euro's although it was indicated earlier in this thread that he played a pivotal role in the centre of the Portugese team

the money being quoted for him is obscene to say the least, but if he is a good enough player then why not

Isn't he another AM though mate? How many do we actually want?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:38 am

Yakka, I don't really know mate, I can't remember him too well from the Euro's (I watched most matches whilst on holiday), I was just posting that the links of him and us had re surfaced the last couple of days

If he is indeed an AM and we are looking to sign him, then I must agree, it's like the BR days of collecting AM's

Needless to say we still need a top DM and LB, It will be a waiting game whilst we move some out and hopefully 1 of each in those 2 positions
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:22 am

still plenty of time before the transfer window shuts but with injury to Milner we definitely need a LB & DM
We can not rely on Moreno to be our number 1 choice watching him in the final of the Europa league proved he is not good enough.
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:40 am

Feels like we are sitting tight and if Benteke is sold bids will go in for a couple of targets even if it goes to last day of window.

I cant imagine they will risk it with Moreno considering they have clearly been trying to replace him this summer and if Lucas goes, which I dont think he will, then again a replacement there.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill