Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:50 pm

C-R » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:54 pm wrote:James Pearce confirms the Grujic deal is done. He'll be on Merseyside later this week. 5-year-deal. After Klopp phones him personally

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... t-10630630

That's good news but the lad is 19 and isn't going to arrive until next summer, as our recent results have shown we need players that can influence the team now.
Yes he is very highly rated and does look the part but how many 19 year old CM's dominate games in England? Realistically it's going to be at least 2 or 3 years before he becomes a force in this country.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:27 pm

If we can get rid of some of the deadwood and the ridiculous wage bill then we could move forward quickly as a club. The value of some of the players will be way lower than what we paid, but it will be better to take a loss and rebuild quick.

I'd accept

Milner - Free get rid of his high wage
Lucas - £5 million
Allen - £7 million
Lallana - £13 million
Toure - Free
Benteke - £20 million
Markovic - £10 million

If we can shift these players on at these prices then I'm sure Klopp and his team can find some good replacements at a decent price.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:54 pm

Grujic has agreed to join LFC who are also interested in Joel Matip & his teammate Leroy Sane. (Simon Jones - Mail)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:37 pm

Will Grujic break straight into first xi or given time to mold?
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby SkippyRed » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:40 pm

redshade » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:37 am wrote:Will Grujic break straight into first xi or given time to mold?

At 19 I wouldn't expect miracles, but he must be able to provide more than Lucas.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby C-R » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:49 pm

Grujic father being very vocal about the deal today, saying he doesn't want him to come to us, that he holds the passport of his sun etc...

Will be interesting what happens with this
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:20 pm

Deal looks to be done but he will stay on loan until summer.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:52 pm

C-R » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:54 pm wrote:Grujic has agreed to join LFC who are also interested in Joel Matip & his teammate Leroy Sane. (Simon Jones - Mail)

A story linking us with Matip is on the back of tonights Echo, good work CR
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:37 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:52 pm wrote:
C-R » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:54 pm wrote:Grujic has agreed to join LFC who are also interested in Joel Matip & his teammate Leroy Sane. (Simon Jones - Mail)

A story linking us with Matip is on the back of tonights Echo, good work CR

Thanks YAKKA matey !  :buttrock
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:43 am

Grujic a done deal, words from his own mouth....

Grujic today in Telegrag "I'm going to Liverpool, You don't reject a big club like Liverpool. I will have the chance to work with Jurgen Klopp. He wanted me personally. Liverpool have honoured my wish of staying with Red Star until summer to lift the Serbian title and then qualify for CL."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:43 pm

C-R » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:43 am wrote:Grujic a done deal, words from his own mouth....

Grujic today in Telegrag "I'm going to Liverpool, You don't reject a big club like Liverpool. I will have the chance to work with Jurgen Klopp. He wanted me personally. Liverpool have honoured my wish of staying with Red Star until summer to lift the Serbian title and then qualify for CL."

His arl fella is dead set against the deal though mate, there's a big article in today's Echo about it, he thinks Red Star are ripping themselves off (he thinks they could get a lot more for his lad in the summer) and he thinks we are not a club that gives players a proper chance.
He has also got a cob on with some of his lads team mates at Red Star, he's accusing them of putting pressure on his lad to leave, he reckons they are convinced that if his lad doesn't leave they won't get paid.
One Serbian paper is also reporting that he has confiscated his lads passport and has said he won't let them ruin his lads career by sending him here.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:03 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:43 pm wrote:
C-R » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:43 am wrote:Grujic a done deal, words from his own mouth....

His arl fella is dead set against the deal though mate, there's a big article in today's Echo about it, he thinks Red Star are ripping themselves off (he thinks they could get a lot more for his lad in the summer) and he thinks we are not a club that gives players a proper chance.
He has also got a cob on with some of his lads team mates at Red Star, he's accusing them of putting pressure on his lad to leave, he reckons they are convinced that if his lad doesn't leave they won't get paid.
One Serbian paper is also reporting that he has confiscated his lads passport and has said he won't let them ruin his lads career by sending him here.

Hey mate, would never dream of opposing you, but the Echo are printing the comments the father made yesterday morning, i think i may have posted them on this thread before, the comments from the player himself are newer and the father seems to have mellowed since in the knowledge that he is staying until the summer
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:27 pm

Wouldn't be the first time or last the son went against a fathers wishes...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:40 pm

C-R » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:03 pm wrote:

Hey mate, would never dream of opposing you, but the Echo are printing the comments the father made yesterday morning, i think i may have posted them on this thread before, the comments from the player himself are newer and the father seems to have mellowed since in the knowledge that he is staying until the summer

Hopefully he does sign mate but it just goes to show you what the perception is out there about our ability to develop young players, Grujic's arl fella actually said I'm not going to let them ruin my sons career, when the club signs players like Markovic and Ilorri and moves them on without trying to develop them it has repercussions.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:05 pm

Grujic old fella is right too, we take on too many young players and its just farming as a sideline not a genuine shot for a young kid to play in the first team.

As a club we need to create the conditions where Grujic can play almost immediately and that way we will attract the finest young talent out there.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill