Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:17 pm

Arsenal and Liverpool target Pedro has described his situation at Barcelona as 'complicated'.

The 27-year-old has become a bit-part player under Luis Enrique, starting just 18 La Liga games all season.

And, despite the transfer ban which prevents Barca from signing anybody before January, Pedro could be off in the summer, with Arsenal and Liverpool circling.

After playing all 90 minutes as the Catalan giants beat Almeria 4-0 on Wednesday, the two-time Champions League winner says he is speaking with the club to find a resolution.

He said: "My situation is complicated. I've always said, we will see what we will decide together."

Source: talkSPORT
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:14 pm

Man is there some shyte in those last few pages.

I'd say the only cert on those pages is Ings  :down:

We have been linked with montoya numerous times and i'd say there is also truth in that but he isn't going anywhere if Alves leaves which is looking likely.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:09 pm

Arsenal and Liverpool will be forced to spend £40million if they want to sign Benfica starlet Goncalo Guedes this summer, according to reports.

O Jogo claims that the 18-year-old, dubbed the 'new Cristiano Ronaldo', is wanted by both Premier League clubs following a number of impressive performances during his debut season.

Guedes was set to become a free agent in July before extending his contract until 2021, but it is believed that Benfica managed to insert a £40m release clause into the deal.

The news is likely to come as a major blow for Arsene Wenger and Brendan Rodgers, who had been hoping to land the midfielder on a free transfer.

Indeed, it is added that the Gunners have scouted Guedes a number of times in recent months, but will now have to splash the cash in order to bring the Portugal U19 star to the Premier League.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:10 pm

Liverpool are leading the race for Barcelona's Chelsea and Arsenal target Sergi Samper, according to reports.

The midfielder, who has been dubbed the 'new Cesc Fabregas', has seen first-team opportunities limited for Barca's 'B' side in recent times, leading to speculation that all is not well in Catalonia.

Samper has made four senior appearances under Luis Enrique this season, but reports in Spain claim that he is looking for a change of environment after becoming disillusioned at the Nou Camp.

Arsenal and Chelsea are believed to be monitoring the situation, but Liverpool are said to have emerged as front-runners for his signature.

Skipper Steven Gerrard will leave Anfield for LA Galaxy when his contract expires at the end of the season, and Samper could potentially be heading to Anfield as his replacement.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:32 am

Liverpool: Brendan Rodgers should sign Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke says Neil Mellor

Neil Mellor has urged Brendan Rodgers to sign Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke in the summer to bolster Liverpool's attacking division.

The Belgium international missed a few games this season due to injury and despite that, he has scored nine goals and managed three assists in the league. The Merseyside club progressed to the last four of the FA Cup.

The Reds will face Villa in the semi-final at Wembley and the former Liverpool striker has warned Rodgers's side. With Champions League qualification looking quite slim for the Anfield outfit, Mellor believes signing Benteke will be a realistic option for his former club.

"I'll be interested to see how Liverpool handle Christian Benteke at Wembley. I'm a big fan of the Belgian. In fact, I think he'd be a really good signing for us," Mellor told the Liverpool Echo.

"I thought he would have been ideal in January, when his stock had fallen, and you may have been able to bring him in for a lower price. Since then, he's started scoring goals again, and his value will be going up."

"There's no question Liverpool are going to be looking for a striker in the summer.

"So while I think it is unrealistic to expect Liverpool to sign a Karim Benzema or an Edinson Cavani without Champions League football, I do think Benteke, a very good player, is obtainable. It'll be good to see how our defence deals with him next weekend," he added.

Liverpool host Newcastle United in the upcoming Premier League clash on Monday (13 April), followed by the FA Cup semi-final showdown at Wembley. Mellor believes Rodgers should field his best playing XI for the tie against the Magpies.

"And though our hopes of a top-four finish are slim at best, I still expect that Brendan Rodgers will name his strongest possible side for Monday night's game," the former Liverpool striker said.

"He has to. Obviously the semi-final is a massive game, and one that every player will want to be involved in."

"Of course it looks unlikely that Liverpool will catch either of the Manchester clubs, but strange things can happen in football. We will be pushing all the way to the end whilst it's possible."

"There is plenty of preparation time between the Newcastle game and the semi, so I don't think there is too much of a need to rotate," Mellor concluded.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:33 am

Liverpool have overtaken Arsenal in the race to sign Barcelona starlet Sergi Samper.

A pass-master by trade, the 20-year-old is being dubbed the ‘next Andrea Pirlo’ in some circles.

Arsenal have long held an interest in Spaniard Samper, who has made four appearances for the Catalan giants this term, and were reportedly ready to meet his £9.6million buy-out clause in January.

But such a move never materialised and the Mirror, citing suggestions in Spain, say Brendan Rodgers has now jumped ahead of the Reds’ rivals in the queue for his signature.

The lack of first-team opportunities at Camp Nou could well lead Samper to consider his future at the club, and a possible move to Anfield, therefore, could well be a consideration.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:39 am

Liverpool are reportedly preparing a summer move for Sporting Lisbon shot-stopper Rui Patricio as the Reds aim to provide competition for Simon Mignolet.

According to The Mirror, Brendan Rodgers' side are keen on bolstering their goalkeeping options.

The publication claims the Anfield-based outfit will recruit another goalkeeper during the summer, with Patricio believed to be a potential target.

The 27-year-old - who has previously been linked with a transfer to Arsenal - made his first-team debut for Sporting in 2006, and has also made more than 30 appearances for the Portugal national team.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:39 am

Liverpool will consider a fresh move for Ashley Williams this summer.

The Swansea defender is back on the Reds' transfer radar after an impressive season at the Liberty Stadium.

Brendan Rodgers is a long-term admirer of the centre-half and made an attempt to sign him two years ago.

The form of Williams, 30, has led to renewed interest on Merseyside - as Liverpool begin a search for new options at the centre of defence.

The Wales international signed a three-year extension to his Swans contract last summer, but that is not expected to deter Liverpool as they consider whether to move ahead with their pursuit of the player.

Meanwhile, Liverpool are also keen to lure Fulham winger Patrick Roberts, 18, to Anfield.

The West London club remain hopeful they can tie him to a new deal, with his current contract having one year left to run.

Source: Daily Mirror
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:16 pm

Sergi Samper is ready to accept a transfer to Liverpool as he prepares to leave Barcelona, according to reports.

Samper, who is rated as one of Barca's most exciting young talents, has been unable to force himself into the first-team squad this season.

And with a future in the B team not looking appealing, reports in Spain say Samper is looking to leave, and Liverpool are in pole position to get their man.

Arsenal are also keen on the cultured central midfielder, but Samper is said to be about to accept Liverpool's offer.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:17 pm

Asmir Begovic has opened the door to a £14m move to Liverpool after revealing he would leave Stoke for a major club, ​the Metro reports.

The Bosnian has 15 months remaining on his Britannia Stadium contract and contract talks are reported to have been put on hold until the summer.

Liverpool, meanwhile, are understood to be in the market for a new goalkeeper, despite Simon Mignolet's upturn in fortunes since Christmas.

And Begovic has left himself open to an approach from Brendan Rodgers' side, saying: "Every individual wants to play at the highest level possible. You want to challenge yourself."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:20 pm

Manchester United and Liverpool target Nathaniel Clyne admits he is flattered by the interest of big clubs but insists he is only focused on playing football and will let his agent deal with ongoing contract talks.

Clyne is out of contract in 2016 and is yet to agree an extension to his deal on the south coast, putting both United and Liverpool on high alert.

Southampton know that the right-back's value will dwindle the closer he gets to the end of his contract and may be forced to cash in on him or risk losing him for nothing if he does not sign fresh terms.

But Clyne says he is not focused on his long-term future and is instead concentrating on Saints' tilt at a top-four finish.

Speaking at Sunday's Football Fighting Ebola fund-raising reception, the 24-year-old said: "Right now I'm just focused on playing for Southampton, there are still lots of points to play for. Right now I am focused on my football and I will let my agent sort out the contract.

"Champions League football is everyone's dream and hopefully we can do it for Southampton.

"I'm flattered by the interest from the big clubs. It shows that I'm doing well and I've had a good season. I'm just going to keep on putting in good performances."

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:24 pm

Lacazette and Alves to Liverpool?

As the season comes to an end and the re-opening of the transfer windows open, Liverpool will be continuously linked with new players every day.

First of all Liverpool have been linked with many defenders over the last few days. The two most notable ones have been right backs Carl Jenkinson and Dani Alves. With Glen Johnson leaving and it looking increasingly unlikely that Manquillo will sign a permanent contract, Liverpool will need to purchase a new right back in the summer. Jenkinson is on loan from Arsenal and is enjoying a successful season at West Ham.

He has shown his qualities this season, which he was unable to do during his time at Arsenal. As he is English, he would cost most more than a foreign right back similar to him, but I do not think he is a player we should be looking it.

There are better right backs than him and he couldn’t prove himself at Arsenal, so he doesn’t have the qualities of a top player yet. Dani Alves is set to leave Barcelona in the summer and is being heavily linked with English clubs. He is still considered one of the best right backs in the world, so if Liverpool were to sign him, he would require a large wage sum. Papers are reporting that it would be around £150,000.

Although Alves is still a big name signing, I do not think Liverpool should sign him. Alves is not as young as he once was and leaving Barcelona shows he is not as capable at performing at the top level anymore. Also a wage of £150,000 should be being spent to bring in a player who is playing at his peak right now.

In midfield, Liverpool have been linked with defensive man Geoffrey Kondogbia. He currently plays for Monaco and has been attracting a lot of interest from many clubs, despite his young age of 22. Interest started to increase further, after Monaco’s recent Champions League win over Arsenal, where Kondogbia impressed a lot of people. With Steven Gerrard leaving and still uncertainty over Lucas Levia, Kondogbia can fit right into the team and replace the two possible departing players. He is over 6 foot tall, so has a presence on the pitch, and can protect the defenders well, with his overwhelming strength. As well as his defensive qualities he can pick out a pass and strike a ball well, so it’s kind of a 2 for 1 with him. He would be an ideal signing for Liverpool this summer.

Finally, with a lack of goals being scored being a serious problem this year, Liverpool have been linked with many forwards. The two most notable forwards being linked with Liverpool over the last few days are Theo Walcott and Javier Hernandez. Theo Walcott has been linked with us ever since Sterling has refused to sign a new contract.

There is a possibility that Arsenal and Liverpool would swap Sterling for Walcott. However this would not be a good deal for Liverpool. Sterling is still really young and still has a lot of time to develop, the massive potential in him. Walcott’s Arsenal career has been hit by injury after injury, despite being a good player and he would just be another Sturridge for us. Both lightning quick and similar type of players, Liverpool would be fools to trade in a young, injury free player, for someone who is virtually opposite that.

Javier Hernandez is currently on loan at Real Madrid from Manchester United. It looks like he has no future at United, but has never really been given a chance. Whenever he has come on as a substitute, he has looked lively and has scored crucial goals. Hernandez certainly has a lot to offer and would a be a good signing, especially if he is available for cheap. However I do think Liverpool should look elsewhere for a striker and in particular, in form Lyon striker Lacazette.

He has also been linked with Liverpool and could form a dream partnership up front with Sturridge next season. Lacazette has been one of the best strikers in all the European leagues this season and has attracted interest from many different clubs.

Source: AnfieldChat
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:28 pm

Liverpool are set to make a bid for Swansea City captain Ashley Williams as they look to finally solve their defensive problems.

Williams has been strongly linked with the Reds in the past, and looked likely to move to Anfield in 2013 after interest from Brendan Rodgers.

The transfer didn't happen in the end but after a number of failed centre back signings, attention has turned to Williams again, and a bid is on the cards.

At 29, Williams is in his prime but Swansea could cash in for the right amount.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:28 pm

Liverpool target Samir Handanovic insists he is still uncertain over his future at Inter Milan and is no closer to signing a new deal with the Italian giants.

Handanovic has been strongly linked with a move to Anfield as Brendan Rodgers looks to add more competition for Simon Mignolet.

The Slovenia international will become a free agent when his contract expires during the summer and has yet to agree terms on a new deal at the San Siro.

Reports in Italy had suggested that Handanovic could yet pledge his long-term future to the Italian giants, but after helping his side beat Verona 3-0 on Sunday night, the 30-year-old says he is still unsure where he will he be playing his football next season.

Handanovic, speaking on Sky Sport Italia, said: "I still don't know what the club wants to do. So far there have been no steps forward."

Handanovic has been one of the best keepers in Serie A and showed his quality once again when he saved his sixth penalty in a row to deny Luca Toni.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:35 pm

Liverpool will open talks over a deal for Fulham wonderkid Patrick Roberts this summer, according to ​the Metro.

Roberts, who caught the eye in England's Uefa Under-17 Championship-winning campaign last year, has 15 months left on his Craven Cottage deal and is expected to cost a fraction of the £15m fee demanded by the west Londoners in the aftermath the tournament.

Fulham's continued involvement in the Championship's relegation battle has hampered Roberts involvement this term, but the forward has impressed Reds scouts in his 18 appearances so far.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill