Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby devaney » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:10 am

Ace - QPR offered him a meaningful increase in his wages but would not agree to his other demands. The fact that he didn't just take the money says more about the lad than a lot of people are giving him credit for.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:02 pm

devaney » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:10 pm wrote:Ace - QPR offered him a meaningful increase in his wages but would not agree to his other demands. The fact that he didn't just take the money says more about the lad than a lot of people are giving him credit for.

It says that he's not the smartest imo. I dont see the point you are making to be honest. If you're saying that he wants to stay at a high profile club then what is his reason for doing so ?
He wont be getting a chance. He wont be getting called up to play international football. The club and the manager have made it abundantly clear that he has no future at the club and that they'd consider any bids for him. How is him staying here despite all that a positive reflection on his mentality ? Again, if he had come out and said that he wont be moving regardless of the offers because he wants to fight for his spot, I think many fans and perhaps even the manager would have respected that a lot more and it would have been a non story from day1.
However, what he did was beyond ridiculous imo. He took forever to reject the Sunderland offer, then asked QPR for 95k a week. I understand he was offered a 10-15k increase in salary to join QPR, but imo the only reason he hasnt moved is because he wants a way higher salary than the other sides are willing to offer him. I expect him to leave in January because I think he'll be pressured into wising up but thats another 4 months of him not playing 1st team football (at Liverpool or elsewhere).
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:34 pm

aCe' is right on this, BR (reportedly) even told Borini face to face that he will be in the reserves and it's best if he moves on
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:09 pm

According to Borini's agent though Inter Milan wanted to take Fabio on loan (which he was well up for) but the club wanted to cash in on him. He probably felt that Liverpool were trying to steer him in a direction that he didn't want to go.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:24 pm

aCe' » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm wrote:
devaney » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:10 pm wrote:Ace - QPR offered him a meaningful increase in his wages but would not agree to his other demands. The fact that he didn't just take the money says more about the lad than a lot of people are giving him credit for.

It says that he's not the smartest imo. I dont see the point you are making to be honest. If you're saying that he wants to stay at a high profile club then what is his reason for doing so ?
He wont be getting a chance. He wont be getting called up to play international football. The club and the manager have made it abundantly clear that he has no future at the club and that they'd consider any bids for him. How is him staying here despite all that a positive reflection on his mentality ? Again, if he had come out and said that he wont be moving regardless of the offers because he wants to fight for his spot, I think many fans and perhaps even the manager would have respected that a lot more and it would have been a non story from day1.
However, what he did was beyond ridiculous imo. He took forever to reject the Sunderland offer, then asked QPR for 95k a week. I understand he was offered a 10-15k increase in salary to join QPR, but imo the only reason he hasnt moved is because he wants a way higher salary than the other sides are willing to offer him. I expect him to leave in January because I think he'll be pressured into wising up but thats another 4 months of him not playing 1st team football (at Liverpool or elsewhere).

Agree with aCe'...Borini was messing with Sunderland all window and he called QPR bluff by demanding double his present salary which QPR won't give in.

He knows he have no future in Liverpool, he won't start and neither is he giving the club any indication that he wants to stay and fight for his place, so I have no idea what sort of bad advice was he given?

I don't want to be seen as slagging him off but in my opinion he's a £14M cheque that we can't cash and a £45K liability every week. Like I said...bad career move!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:04 pm

Victor Valdes will sign for Liverpool in October if he can prove he has recovered from a knee injury suffered at the end of March.

Valdes was let go by Barcelona over the summer but saw a move to Monaco fall through due to ongoing concerns about his recovery from a torn ACL.

But Liverpool have quietly been monitoring the situation and held talks with the Spanish stopper over a move to Anfield during the transfer window.

Brendan Rodgers is thought to be in the market for a back-up to Simon Mignolet after letting Pepe Reina join Bayern Munich.

And reports in Spain now suggest a move for Valdes will go ahead in September.

A source told AS: "Victor loves Liverpool and what it represents and Rodgers loves Victor."

The players agent, Ginés Carvajal, recently said that Valdes would be playing "for a big club before Christmas" and it seems increasingly likely that that club will be Liverpool.

It now remains to be seen whether there are any problems when it comes to passing a medical or whether the move will go ahead as scheduled next month.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:25 am

Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United have all been handed a major boost in their pursuit of Zakaria Bakkali after contract negotiations between PSV and 'the new Eden Hazard' broke down.

The 18-year-old is highly regarded as one of the brightest talents in European football, attracting interest from top clubs across the continent.

Bakkali has just 12 months left on his current deal, and PSV are keen to keep the talented attacking midfielder in Holland.

However, the young Belgian is keen to join a major club either in January or next summer, and the Premier League giants are leading the race for his signature against the likes of Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund.

And Bakkali could now be set to leave PSV in the next transfer window after rejecting an improved contract, with the Eredivisie outfit preferring to cash in rather than lose him for free at the end of the season.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:53 am

Liverpool will end their search for a new goalkeeper by signing Victor Valdes next month.

The Reds' boss Brendan Rodgers wants competition for Simon Mignolet - and he sees currently clubless free agent Valdes as the perfect option.

The Spain international, whose Barcelona contract expired at the end of last season, is currently out of action as he recovers from a torn cruciate knee ligament that forced him to miss the World Cup in Brazil.

Liverpool are prepared to wait until October before putting Valdes through stringent medical tests to prove he has fully recovered.

The 32-year-old left the Nou Camp this summer and had been linked with a switch to Monaco, but the French club pulled out of the deal because of his injury.

There is nothing to stop other clubs coming in during the meantime to make Valdes, a three-time Champions League winner, a rival offer but Liverpool are confident they are in pole position.

Source: Daily Mirror
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:12 pm

The Liverpool Echo's take on the Victor Valdes signing :)

Liverpool will push ahead with plans to sign free agent Victor Valdes - providing the former Barcelona goalkeeper can prove his fitness over the next two months.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is keen to bring in cover for regular No.1 Simon Mignolet, and has identified Valdes as an ideal signing.

The 32-year-old, who left Barcelona at the end of last season, is currently recovering from a serious knee injury, and is not expected to be back in action until November.

But Liverpool are prepared to monitor his fitness over the next two months, before potentially offering him a contract at Anfield. He would be expected to undergo a stringent medical at Melwood also.

Valdes would be free to join up immediately as he is a free agent, and Liverpool have the space in their 25-man Premier League squad to be able to register the Spaniard for competitive action.

Valdes has won 21 major honours at club level, including six La Liga titles and three Champions Leagues. He was also a member of the Spain squad which won the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, and the European Championships two years later.

Source: Liverpool Echo
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:27 pm

Looks like Rodgers doesn't have a very good eye for keepers. Signed Mignolet (OK but too shaky) and was later linked with Romero and now Valdes. I've never rated the guy and the fact that he's coming back from a serious knee injury just makes it worse. Still can't understand why we didn't go for Diego Lopez.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:44 pm

Some great news for all Glen Johnson haters :D

Liverpool's Glen Johnson wanted by Juventus

SERIE A giants Juventus are lining up a surprise January move for Liverpool star and former Chelsea right-back Glen Johnson

Massimo Allegri took the reigns from Antonio Conte over the summer, and feels that his new side lacks defensive cover at full-back.

30-year-old Johnson is currently out injured, and with just under a year left on his contract, Brendan Rodgers could be tempted to cash in and allow the likes of Jon Flanagan and Javier Manquillo to battle it out for a place in his starting XI.

Despite having made over 140 appearances for the Anfield club, there are still question marks over Johnson's defensive abilities, and the player himself could fancy following in the footsteps of ex-Chelsea and Arsenal left-back Ashley Cole by making the move to Italy.

It is believed that Rodgers is only willing to offer Johnson a 12-month extension on his current deal, but the former West Ham youngster wants to sign a long-term contract.

With the two parties at loggerheads, Johnson could be set to move either in January or next summer, and earlier admitted that negotiations with the club have failed to produce any results.

"There are no talks going on with the club at the moment," he said.

"There were minor talks towards the end of the last season but nothing else.

"I've loved playing my football here from day one, but obviously I can only talk to the club about it when they want to speak to me.

"In January, I could (talk to other clubs), but I'll worry about that when January comes."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:31 pm

damjan193 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:27 pm wrote:Looks like Rodgers doesn't have a very good eye for keepers. Signed Mignolet (OK but too shaky) and was later linked with Romero and now Valdes. I've never rated the guy and the fact that he's coming back from a serious knee injury just makes it worse. Still can't understand why we didn't go for Diego Lopez.

Valdez has always seemed half decent whenever I've watched him and ACL injuries aren't that big of a deal for keepers, it's not like they do much running.
It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up our number 1.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:31 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:27 pm wrote:Looks like Rodgers doesn't have a very good eye for keepers. Signed Mignolet (OK but too shaky) and was later linked with Romero and now Valdes. I've never rated the guy and the fact that he's coming back from a serious knee injury just makes it worse. Still can't understand why we didn't go for Diego Lopez.

Valdez has always seemed half decent whenever I've watched him and ACL injuries aren't that big of a deal for keepers, it's not like they do much running.
It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up our number 1.

With his ability to play it on the deck and his general experience, I think it would be a step up.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:11 pm

Strange post...Valdes is an excellent keeper, played for the best team in the world ,and has been through basically everything the world of football has to offer. Would be a great signing.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:02 pm

cardiff-red » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:44 pm wrote:Some great news for all Glen Johnson haters

You fucking got my attention just with your opening sentense   :laugh:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill