Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:45 pm

QPR have bid £10m plus add ons for Borini which we have accepted. £14m was after add ons in the Sunderland deal so QPR offer won't be far off.

Upto Fabio now

Or.. James Pearce of Liverpool Echo says..   #LFC have accepted QPR offer. Deal worth around £12million including add ons for Borini. Player granted permission to hold talks
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:56 pm

cardiff-red » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:45 pm wrote:QPR have bid £10m plus add ons for Borini which we have accepted. £14m was after add ons in the Sunderland deal so QPR offer won't be far off.

Upto Fabio now

Or.. James Pearce of Liverpool Echo says..   #LFC have accepted QPR offer. Deal worth around £12million including add ons for Borini. Player granted permission to hold talks

SELL! SELL! SELL!!!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:02 pm

BBC Sport's chief football writer Phil McNulty: "An offer, believed to be around £13m, from QPR has been accepted by Liverpool for Fabio Borini."
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:14 pm

Santa » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:15 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:40 am wrote:he was on his best behaviour  :nod  apparently he has been moving his stuff and must have dropped in to say his goodbyes

Haha just messin' with you red...saw SG's Instagram photo.

I know this has been debated, but with the season just starte and all the signings in place. £75M true and well spent...do you think it's good business for us? meh? or that we have a raw deal by selling Luis?

it hasnt been the worst transfer window we had but we have done ok this one.
moreno looks a great player who imo has shown he has the attributes to make it.
lovren i hope will improve as time goes on and he becomes more used to whats around him.
manquillo aint bad but not a starter for me. good back up for flanno though and if glenda is allowed to run his contract out then it should be on the bench.
can looks a big strong lad but not sure if he's a starter.
lallana has still to show what he can offer so hopefully he can kick on now he has a bigger platform.
markovic will need a run of games but faces a lot of competition for that position, allen is occupying it now but lallana will be his main threat.
balotelli was as they say a no brainer. he put the effort in yesterday but rodgers will need to keep on him to make sure he has conformed. at some stage he will hit form and i think he will more than justify his fee but then it will be equally hard to keep him grounded.
lambert for me has escaped his critics very well since he came in. he has looked way off the pace every game imo. for the paltry fee we paid i suppose you cant complain and im sure we will get a few games out of him over the course of the season.

i dont think we bought anything though that will go on and emulate suarez and the impact he had but we have strenghtened the squad with players that dont make you cringe when you see them coming on.
i would have liked to see a decent keeper coming in, not a stop gap looking for a last payday but someone who genuinely wants to be no 1. i also think we could have done something better at R.B. moreno has shown more inteligence in 2 games than johnson has shown in 2 years and if we had a similar threat down that side we would be some unit. song would have a good move but seen as he bought can i do understand us not moving for him but he would have been a good addition.
we have built a side thats more than capable of finishing in top 4 and if rodgers can replicate that consistency we had then i dont see why we couldnt at least have another pop at the league. the experience rodgers would have gained last year will stand to him this one  :nod
shift some of the deadwood, preferably for money now and we are good to go  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:27 pm

James Pearce - Echo

#LFC winger Oussama Assaidi set to join Stoke on loan for rest of season. They're willing to pay £1m loan fee and all his wages.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:46 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:38 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:01 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:57 am wrote:When they get everyone back they won't be that bad defensively, the likes of Shaw, Blind, Raphael etc are half decent players. I don't think this formation is doing them any favours either.
it's not like they are p1$$ing goals at the back, even with a scratch defence they are conceding at an average of just over 1 goal a game, if anything it's been their misfiring forwards who have been letting them down. I suspect that might be about to change though.
Has Falcao played any football since his injury? Does anyone know?

He has scored 2 in 3 games in the french League for Monaco, one against Nantes and one against Loreint

Ta mate, I know the French league isn't the prem but even so that looks a bit ominous.
I hope they don't get Schneiderlin as well, he would be a good player for them.
So much for LVG being a genius, he's spending his way out of trouble, not much skill in that.

I wouldn't get all gloomy about utd loaning falcao, I can't see him and I de Maria all of a sudden performing a spectacular turn round? Those type of signings are normally tweeks to improve an already pretty solid side like Chelsea with fabragas and costa, utd aren't near that stage yet and needed improvements much more in other areas
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:51 pm

cardiff-red » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:27 pm wrote:James Pearce - Echo

#LFC winger Oussama Assaidi set to join Stoke on loan for rest of season. They're willing to pay £1m loan fee and all his wages.

What again? Can't we just sell for whatever they're offering? I guess a loan for 1m and having him off the wage bill is better than keeping him here though.

Borini should just accept one of the offers and leave. Don't care if it's 12 million or 14, just show him the door.

Re Victor Valdes, never understood why people rated him so highly, average keeper at best.

As for Falcao going to Man Utd... well let's just pray he injures himself again. Still think Van Gaal has a lot of work on his hands though, despite the fact they've signing so many sound names. There's a good chance that all of this spending might have a very negative effect on them.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:42 pm

Alright folks, been ages since I was last here, feels good to be back.

One thing with Falcao is that all summer, he believed that he would join RM. He had his heart set on them. I did hear that he was offered to around 4  EPL clubs, I think they were Mwanck City, Utd, Chelski and Arsenal. However because he had his heart on RM, he didn't want to listen to offers from any EPL clubs. Then when RM decided to drop interest mid last week, think due to total cost (including wages etc), Falcao had to think again about his future. Total cost will be staggering when you consider wages, fees having to be paid to all types of agents, reps. Then there is the cost involved with a commitment to buy in future (if they so wish) as this is a 1 year loan deal. He's also coming back from a serious knee injury.

All in all, I just feel this is a panic buy, and, also because he still wants a move to RM, this move for Falcao will end in tears for the Mwancks.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Santa » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:51 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:56 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:45 pm wrote:QPR have bid £10m plus add ons for Borini which we have accepted. £14m was after add ons in the Sunderland deal so QPR offer won't be far off.

Upto Fabio now

SELL! SELL! SELL!!!

PUSH! PUSH! PUSH!!!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:03 pm

Borini is actually at Loftus Road so I presume he's agreed to the switch
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:16 pm

cardiff-red » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:03 pm wrote:Borini is actually at Loftus Road so I presume he's agreed to the switch

That will go down well in Sunderland, they've been waiting for a decision from him all summer!
I suppose he lived down that neck of the woods when he was at Chelsea, familiar surroundings for him. Good Luck to the lad if he goes.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:25 pm

This is probably nonsense from the Express, but thought worth sharing anyway

Manchester United and Liverpool are ready to move for Marseille star Andre Ayew after the Ghana international turned down a switch to Hull.

The 24-year-old has been linked with a transfer to both Old Trafford and Anfield over the course of the summer, with Brendan Rodgers refusing to rule out a bid earlier in the day.

Ayew, who is predominantly a winger but can also operate in central midfield or behind the striker, has been at Marseille since 2005, and has struck an impressive 34 goals in 134 matches.

The former Nania youth also has 51 international caps to his name, and could find himself in the Premier League before tonight's 11pm deadline despite rejecting an approach from Hull.

Ayew is holding out for a move to a bigger club.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:51 pm

andy_g » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:43 pm wrote:
aCe' » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:22 pm wrote:
                   De Gea
Rafael     Jones     Rojo     Shaw
                      Blind
            Herrera     Di Maria
                    Rooney
              Falcao     V.Persie

that's a bloody good team on paper. and i fear that if van gaal manages to get them clicking, and with only the premiership and FA cup to worry about, they'll be strong contenders again for the CL places. we're going to have to keep our shít together.

Fuck we are doomed  :glare:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:59 pm

Van gaal doesn't fancy Rafael and has spoke about using Shaw as a left sided cb

Why you have put Hererra as a right sides midfielder when I don't think he has ever played that position is quite strange especially as you haven't selected their vice captain in fletcher. RVP is washed up and not good anymore and it will be an either or with Falcao and not both

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:04 pm

From London Evening Standard (QPR)

Borini's deal to #QPR: Fee agreed with #lfc - £10m rising to £13m - but wages the issue. Player wants £90k-a-wk. Club offered £58k so far.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill