Rick parry - Should he be sacked

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby grayghost » Wed May 30, 2007 2:34 pm

I honestly think Rick Parry should walk away from Liverpool. The club has grown behond his talents. In the early 90s to 2000s are club was big but with small resurces now with the new investment i belive he is out of his depth.

He has made to many silly mistakes the SG fisco. his inabilty in the transfer market the ticket allocation the time it took for investors to come to this club. And are shirt sponsership is tiny compard to are rivals All point to a man who cant handle the buisness of one off the biggest clubs in the world.

being Liverpool surporters we always give one of are own many chances but i think the man should walk away before we begin to resent him.
grayghost

Postby The Red Baron » Wed May 30, 2007 2:44 pm

BEGIN TO RESENT HIM !
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed May 30, 2007 2:52 pm

I agree !
66-1112520797

Postby inglis5 » Wed May 30, 2007 3:02 pm

Taken from a post I made today in the rumourmill thread - thought it would be better here...

I completely agree. Everytime Rick Parry opens his mouth at the moment it annoys me. I know Chief Executives have jobs to do but can anybody name one CE who isn't annoying? In what way does it benefit us for Parry to be telling all and sundry that we want to sign somebody. It is very rare that these protracted transfers actually end up with a positive outcome.

I'm no rocket scientist and I'd be lying if I said I knew everything about the ins and out of transfer dealings but surely it is as simple as - identify the payer, approach the club, make sure the player is keen, make an offer.

Why is it that whenever Parry is involved in our clubs transfer (or contract!!!) negotiations, things tend to get c*cked up - Owen, Gerrard, Vidic, Alonso, Alves, Simao - the list goes on.

I've always been extremely vociferous in my support for the players, the manager (even the ex-Chairman) but I'm sick and tired of Mr Parry. I'm not interested in hearing explanations as to who we want, why we can't get them, who is about to sign a new contract, who is not... Stop talking and start getting something done!!!! Sorry, rant over....   :)
inglis5

Postby grayghost » Wed May 30, 2007 3:06 pm

it can't go on not now we need action like Rafa said we need 2to3 steps this season to catch are rivals and if Rick is not up to the job he must go the owners will have to take a side and i hope its Rafas.
grayghost

Postby Paul C » Wed May 30, 2007 3:08 pm

I just don't think that Parry has a clue, who fooks off on holiday to barbados when one of your best players is threatening to leave :angry:

The guy is too nice and doesn't get deals done, he isn't cut throat enough, yeah I don't expect him to be a coont like Peter Kenyon but I expect him to get sh!.t sorted............... but he doesn't which results in us loosing out on world class players. :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Wed May 30, 2007 3:10 pm

inglis5 wrote:Taken from a post I made today in the rumourmill thread - thought it would be better here...

I completely agree. Everytime Rick Parry opens his mouth at the moment it annoys me. I know Chief Executives have jobs to do but can anybody name one CE who isn't annoying? In what way does it benefit us for Parry to be telling all and sundry that we want to sign somebody. It is very rare that these protracted transfers actually end up with a positive outcome.

I'm no rocket scientist and I'd be lying if I said I knew everything about the ins and out of transfer dealings but surely it is as simple as - identify the payer, approach the club, make sure the player is keen, make an offer.

Why is it that whenever Parry is involved in our clubs transfer (or contract!!!) negotiations, things tend to get c*cked up - Owen, Gerrard, Vidic, Alonso, Alves, Simao - the list goes on.

I've always been extremely vociferous in my support for the players, the manager (even the ex-Chairman) but I'm sick and tired of Mr Parry. I'm not interested in hearing explanations as to who we want, why we can't get them, who is about to sign a new contract, who is not... Stop talking and start getting something done!!!! Sorry, rant over....   :)

Rant away rant away by all means it has to be said and action has to be taken this is not just a football club any longer this is a besiness and we need some one who is shrewd in that department
grayghost

Postby Elchris » Wed May 30, 2007 3:14 pm

If the club wants to move forward , he has to go

not only players but also managtment that makes the club progress slower.....he has to leave
Elchris

Postby grayghost » Wed May 30, 2007 3:14 pm

Paul C wrote:I just don't think that Parry has a clue, who fooks off on holiday to barbados when one of your best players is threatening to leave :angry:

The guy is too nice and doesn't get deals done, he isn't cut throat enough, yeah I don't expect him to be a coont like Peter Kenyon but I expect him to get sh!.t sorted............... but he doesn't which results in us loosing out on world class players. :(

I totaly forgot about that holiday sih.it he pulled when we needed him sorting out SG contract that should have been the last straw there and then.  :veryangry  It just pisses me off that Liverpool always have problems behind the scenes.
grayghost

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed May 30, 2007 4:30 pm

I do think that the press are making a bit too much hay out of Rafa's comments last week, but to be honest I wouldn't be sad to see Parry leave, so long as his replacement is up to it.

What I don't want to see is Parry go, and then us be having the same conversations about whoever comes in. We're a huge club, and not just anybody can come in and have the kind of gravitas needed to negotiate on our behalf.
ivor_the_injun

Postby parchpea » Wed May 30, 2007 4:53 pm

Parry has always looked out of his depth in such an important role.

To say he is unconvincing is being kind.

Each time he is interviewed he stutters and stumbles his way through.

Given some of Rafas comments its not like we are missing something with Parry and the fact is he is just not good at his job.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Wed May 30, 2007 7:08 pm

This summer is judgement day for Parry IMO.
LFC2007

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed May 30, 2007 7:57 pm

I've already said it elsewhere on here that I think his position is very quickly becoming untenable. Reading different forums and the Echo it is very clear that quite a lot of fans have no faith in him anymore. I think that the ticket fiasco has probably been the straw that broke the camels back (always nice to get a cliche in  :D ).
There have been quiet grumblings over one or two issues in the past, the SG balls up being prime example. There are other stories floating around regarding him not being around at crucial times like closing hours of transfer windows, however these stories may possibly have been concocted because of ill feeling towards Parry.
whatever the situation is surrounding him and Rafa at the moment I think we have to remember that the club is now owned by two very successful business men who will demand 110% from their staff and if anyone doesn't deliver I think they'll quickly find them out on their asses.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed May 30, 2007 9:17 pm

Man Utd have just snapped up another 2 players fron Benifca and Lisbon making it 3-0 to them on recruitment so far.

No messing about with their transfer dealings.

If we do not move soon there will be no one left, where are you Parry lad!  :down:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Wed May 30, 2007 9:53 pm

LFC2007 wrote:This summer is judgement day for Parry IMO.

Agreed mate, the yanks won't allow him to fook around and will want results, if he doesn't do the business then they'll come down on him like Jenna Jameson.
Last edited by Paul C on Wed May 30, 2007 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill