Luke young

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Tim LFC » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:07 am

Well we can all say this signing has gone down as a stormer! :laugh:
Tim LFC

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:10 am

Look i know we're pretty desperate for a left back , but jesus christ i would sooner play jack robinson in all honesty . He's only 16 and he p!sses all over luke young .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:11 am

Tim LFC wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Listen I was hooked completely by the Euphoria for the new manager ... granted I took my time but as soon as he was announced Manager I was swept away like many by the intelligence of the man .... but please Luke f ucking Young don't anyone try to convince me  this acquisition is good for the club ........

I kinda agree. Don't we already have enough english to fill our quota? Gerrard, Carra, Johnson,Cole,Pacheco,Spearing, Kelly, Darby? I guess we don't need any more english.

Listen I am not having a pop mate ,but right back is covered with Kelly for back up....... and if I had my choice of a right back who would suit us completely it would be Spurs Alan Hutton but he wouldn't come cheap  but he would be  solid and dependable and yet still get forward enough to trouble defences .... and I would put him there before Johnson who I don't rate as a defender
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tim LFC » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:17 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Tim LFC wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Listen I was hooked completely by the Euphoria for the new manager ... granted I took my time but as soon as he was announced Manager I was swept away like many by the intelligence of the man .... but please Luke f ucking Young don't anyone try to convince me  this acquisition is good for the club ........

I kinda agree. Don't we already have enough english to fill our quota? Gerrard, Carra, Johnson,Cole,Pacheco,Spearing, Kelly, Darby? I guess we don't need any more english.

Listen I am not having a pop mate ,but right back is covered with Kelly for back up....... and if I had my choice of a right back who would suit us completely it would be Spurs Alan Hutton but he wouldn't come cheap  but he would be  solid and dependable and yet still get forward enough to trouble defences .... and I would put him there before Johnson who I don't rate as a defender

I agree about Kelly, further more i believe Kelly could be our first left back. But still how much would Allan hutton cost?
Tim LFC

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:26 am

Tim LFC wrote:Listen I am not having a pop mate ,but right back is covered with Kelly for back up....... and if I had my choice of a right back who would suit us completely it would be Spurs Alan Hutton but he wouldn't come cheap  but he would be  solid and dependable and yet still get forward enough to trouble defences .... and I would put him there before Johnson who I don't rate as a defender

I agree about Kelly, further more i believe Kelly could be our first left back. But still how much would Allan hutton cost?[/quote]
We're Liverpool mate if the Tw@ts in charge want us to compete at the highest level they should allow us to make  these kind of signings ...your probably talking about 8 million though possibly 9 for me personally though I would take him over Johnson any day
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:35 am

Surely this is just some stupid rumour...

Luke Young is 31 and sh!te.
Fauxy

Postby Reg » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:11 am

In think the idea's to make Carra look young again! :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:25 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Tim LFC wrote:

Hutton is :censored:, most Spurs supporters want him gone.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:27 am

wouldnt mind him as cover for Jonno but not as a left back
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby puroresu » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:34 am

I dont understand where people seem to think a player like Young will try hard so thats somehow ok.  There are plenty of players we could sign who would try hard but ability matters and Luke Young has very little.  His level is now the championship.
puroresu

Postby Owzat » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:34 am

puroresu wrote:not good enough. 31 and average at best.

spudz was his big chance at the big time, he went down from there and is as you say average

Sure he could "do a job", but it is the aspect I forgot to mention about new manager syndrome - old target syndrome where a manager takes his old wishlist to his new club whether it is 100% suitable/adaptable or not. SEVEN England caps by the time he's passed 30 says all that really needs to be said, I do wish people wouldn't justify a (potential) signing by the fact that a player is English.

Just 20 apps for villa last season, why are we targeting their unwanted players and not their first choice LB? Or is it because he can play both sides which is normally a sign a player isn't good enough to hold a place in either. What next? Heskey? He's English, only a tad older than Young and played double the number of games last season - that despite the common joke he couldn't get a game for villa
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:15 am

have i woke up this morning and found out they misprinted it in the papers . and its actualy 20.5 million for Ashley young.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:24 am

:no   for me its Roy's first error. Not good enough. He's shi.te and we dont need him. We have youngsters that are good enough as back up for johnson, and we need a good first team left back, which Young isn't it.  The ONLY way I would excuse this purchase is that we are going to sell insua, and buy a good LB as well as Luke Young, so that Young would become the back up LB for our new first team LB.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:39 am

if it goes through Its deffo a Roy Signing this, he likes journeymen, he has to realise hes not at Fulham anymore hes at Liverpool now .Young was at his best when he was at Charlton he was flavor of the day there but since then nothing, im honestly still stunned,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:46 am

NANNY RED wrote:have i woke up this morning and found out they misprinted it in the papers . and its actualy 20.5 million for Ashley young.

Its 2.75 not 20.5, could you see Purslow loosening th purse strings that much for a 31 year old.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill