Liverpool big in the gossip today - So worth a thread of it's own (imo)

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:27 pm

Owz@t wrote:
burjennio wrote:why would anyone pay £20m for a player in the last year of his contract? He he wanted to leave he could buy out his own contract for a lot less.

You could say the same of Barry who went for £12m, some clubs just think a player is worth paying out to get them early. Didn't Citeh pay £17m or something for De Jong when he was in the last 6-18 months of his contract?

I thought the rule was that if you buy out you contract with one year left you have to play in a different country? no?
JoeTerp

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:32 pm

Owz@t wrote:I heard Real Madrid have just bought Villa..........................................

................................s for Ronaldo and Kaka to live in

That's a good one!  :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owz@t » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:40 pm

bav - I tried to do it in a thread, but I can't start them :( Newbies Are Persecuted People Y'all (NAPPY for short)

JoeTerp wrote:
Owz@t wrote:
burjennio wrote:why would anyone pay £20m for a player in the last year of his contract? He he wanted to leave he could buy out his own contract for a lot less.

You could say the same of Barry who went for £12m, some clubs just think a player is worth paying out to get them early. Didn't Citeh pay £17m or something for De Jong when he was in the last 6-18 months of his contract?

I thought the rule was that if you buy out you contract with one year left you have to play in a different country? no?

I read that on a forum once too, don't know how true it is. But with De Jong he was in a different country..................

If you know the regulations on frequency of movement and also on buying out contracts, could you post it in a (new) thread please? I think it would be interesting, I'm sure others would find it that too. Certainly the relevant aspects like when you can buy out your contract.

I can't start new threads until I'm back to my old self :(
Last edited by Owz@t on Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't panic Mr Mainwaring! My Owzat account is locked by a seeming flaw in the board system. I changed my e-mail address, but that left me needing to be re-activated and therefore powerless to even post or notify a mod.
Owz@t

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:42 pm

Owz@t wrote:I can't start new threads until I'm back to my old self :(

Edit.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:45 pm

So we have a rumour thread... unless there are a lot of rumours?

(im in grumpy mode lol)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:46 pm

Owz@t wrote:I read that on a forum once too, don't know how true it is. But with De Jong he was in a different country..................

If you know the regulations on frequency of movement and also on buying out contracts, could you post it in a (new) thread please? I think it would be interesting, I'm sure others would find it that too. Certainly the relevant aspects like when you can buy out your contract.

I am in the same boat.  It sort of makes enough sense to believe it, but seems strange as well so I have no idea. You would think it would happen all the time if it were true, no?  I do remember City getting laughed at for their bid for De Jong so I don't know if that is a good example
JoeTerp

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:50 pm

Rerouted to the rumour mill...
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Torres » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:51 am

I really want Villa to partner up with FERNANDO TORRES!
Torres

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:03 am

Torres wrote:I really want Villa to partner up with FERNANDO TORRES!

watch the Confederations Cup  :D
JoeTerp

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:22 am

Toffeehater wrote:Some good rumors , i'd take johnsen in a heart beat , take the 8 million that madrid are offering and top up 12 million or so for samuel eto . 20 million should be enough to land him as he has a year left on his contract . We have about 20 million to spend , 10 million for johnsen and the 7 from crouch's transfer equates to chelsea's offer .

I've heard that perez now wants to trade robben for xabi and if that fails , trade heinze and pay 18 million . I'd keep xabi if we can sign both players above . What a team we will have next season .

Reina

Johnsen           Agger             Carragher               Aurelio

Kuyt               Masch             Alonso                  Gerrard

Eto                 Torres

The team is still deperately crying out for wingers and stevie on the left as no matter where you put him , he will perform

what happened to riera?

Reina

Johnsen           Carragher        Agger              Aurelio/Insua

Kuyt               Gerrard            Alonso                  Riera

Eto                 Torres

Looks good to me and more balanced...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:16 am

Telegraph reporting that United will bid 80 Million for Torres, no link as yet I have just heard Quinny on Talksport talking about it ???
destro

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:44 am

destro wrote:Telegraph reporting that United will bid 80 Million for Torres, no link as yet I have just heard Quinny on Talksport talking about it ???

LOL
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:00 am

Its actually in the Express today that Fergie will offer £40m for Torres and that it will be seriously consdered. A guy called John Richardson dreamed this one up.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:30 am

destro wrote:Telegraph reporting that United will bid 80 Million for Torres, no link as yet I have just heard Quinny on Talksport talking about it ???

Would never happen dude, for one we would not sell to United and Torres would not go there, if the yanks accepted a huge bid from United I think Rafa would walk! It's just paper talk cos our debts have been a talking point this week and United have come into a lot of cash so it's inevitable that the sunday papers would publish this kinda cr@p  :veryangry
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Torres » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:14 am

We must not sell Torres at all cost. And i don't think Rafa would ever do such a deal.
Torres

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill