Chris burke - Worth a punt?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby JC_81 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:38 pm

If anyone has watched much Scottish football over the last few seasons surely they can't help but be impressed with this lad.  Plays right wing for Rangers if anyone hasn't heard of him.  He's Glaswegian as far as I know but I think I'm right in saying he spent a bit of time with Arsenal as a youth player.

There is a lot of talk about good Scottish talent coming through at Hibs with the likes of Riordan and at Celtic with McGeady etc, but imo Burke is their best prospect by far.  Playing in a struggling Rangers team for some time he is often their stand-out player.  If you want a young wide right player who can beat a man and deliver a good cross then surely this guy is worth a look.

He's been getting a lot of praise for his performance against Villareal the other night but to be honest he's always looked a promising player.  If I was the manager of a top English club at the moment I'd snap this guy up right now because once he gets a few Scotland caps his value's going to sky-rocket, no question.

On a slight tangent I think that Ribery lad from Marseille was outstanding against Bolton, seen him a few times now and he's a player I also think is definitely worth a look.  If Marseille go on a run to the final of the Uefa watch him go for about 10 million at the end of the seaon.  He's also in line for a French cap, don't be surprised if he's a surprise inclusion in the World Cup squad.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:07 pm

Yeah looks like he's going to be a good winger in the future.He had a lengthy off but he's back looking much stronger and is probably Ranger's best player at the moment.Not sure if he will be able to cut it at Liverpool tho.Maybe in the future he'll be wortha look at but right now i'd leave him at rangers.
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby steve4ever » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:50 pm

let rangers mould him in to a better player and well have a go at him later if we buy him and then he dnt turn out 2 b gud then s a waste of money
Last edited by steve4ever on Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve4ever

Return to The Rumour Mill