Gossip

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:04 am

Rafael Benitez must stay in touch to keep job
By Richard Bright
Last Updated: 1:34am GMT 02/01/2008

Rafael Benitez enters the new year knowing Liverpool's destiny, and his own, rests on the next few months.

The Liverpool manager sends his team out to face relegation-threatened Wigan at Anfield tonight aware that only victory will keep his side in touch with the Premier League leaders.

Just as important for the Merseysiders is keeping themselves clear of the chasing pack of Manchester City, Everton and Aston Villa, who want to take fourth place.

Whatever is being said publicly about Benitez by the club's American owners or chief executive Rick Parry, the Spaniard's future is still uncertain.

If Liverpool fail to stay in the top four, Tom Hicks and George Gillett will see their already-strained financial plans seriously damaged.

And that would see Benitez under even more pressure. He is not going to be allowed to spend big this month, with the future of Javier Mascherano no nearer a conclusion, with his loan ending in the summer.

The Americans will not spend £17?million now, and that could see Mascherano's agents touting the Argentinian around Europe, with Barcelona waiting to pounce.

The level of uncertainty on several fronts at Anfield - ownership, the new ground, finances and transfer budgets - will only heighten as the season unfolds.

Benitez made it clear results must be maintained and improved. "We must beat Wigan and then keep on winning," he said.

And Benitez will also have to improve Liverpool's overall record to continue to impress the Americans.

Benitez expects to sign defensive cover in the January transfer window. But he is focusing on the cheaper, younger options, and expects to again be without Sami Hyypia (ankle) and Daniel Agger (broken metatarsal) against Steve Bruce's side.

It means full-back Alvaro Arbeloa, a stop-gap centre half against City, is likely to partner Jamie Carragher again.

Peter Crouch returns to the squad after a three-match suspension, and it is likely Xabi Alonso will also be back in the starting line-up after being on the bench against City.

-----------------------------------------------------
Thinking about it, this is a great thread that Nanny has opened, as anything which doesn't seem to fit in any specific catagory can now be posted in here as gossip.

Great thread Nanny  :)
account deleted by request

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:30 am

Liverpool told to make up minds by Javier Mascherano as owners drag heelsOliver Kay
Javier Mascherano has pleaded with Liverpool to resolve his future as a matter of urgency, but the club’s American owners will not be rushed into meeting the player’s £17 million asking price, despite the growing threat that his representatives will look for a move to Barcelona at the end of the season.

Mascherano is two thirds of the way through an 18-month “lease” and is eager to stay at Anfield beyond this season, but, despite Rafael Benítez’s determination to secure his services in the long term, the club are reluctant to pay his representatives the £17 million fee stipulated in his contract. Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, the Liverpool owners, would prefer to wait until the end of the season and to pay a smaller fee, but Mascherano has given warning that the matter will soon be taken out of Liverpool’s hands.

“It’s simple,” Mascherano said. “With the time that has passed, it will now be more difficult for me to stay here because I need to do something about my future. It is a really difficult situation because I have been talking a lot about how I want to stay here, but it doesn’t depend on me. I have done everything to stay but the owners have to decide if they want to buy.”

Kia Joorabchian, founder of Media Sports Investments, the company that owns Mascherano’s “economic rights”, has indicated that he will take the Argentina midfield player elsewhere if Liverpool are unwilling or unable to meet his demands. Manchester City have registered an interest, but Barcelona are considered more serious contenders for his signature, with the player having been made aware of their interest.

Benítez is prepared to sell players such as Mohamed Sissoko, John Arne Riise and Peter Crouch to raise the funds to sign Mascherano, but, with the manager’s long-term future in serious doubt, Hicks and Gillett are reluctant to sanction drastic changes in the transfer window. 

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:51 am

Hicks and Gillett are reluctant to sanction drastic changes in the transfer window.   

It shouldnt be upto them.

The other day I read a quote along the lines from Hicks saying that the Yanks wanted to see if the team assembled in the summer had  "gelled" before sanctioning anymore moves.

FFS Who do they think they are ! Okay the pair now own a soccer club, but no f.uck all about the game as little as Oasis. But come wayding in like John Wayne and Tonto trying to call the shots.

If they didnt have the money to take the club any further then why the f.uck did they buy into it, thats not very good business, and I'm no Arther Daley but I sure as hell can see that.

For my money and in present standing we seem worse off now having the two sepctics in charge instead of Moores, at the very least he was Liverpool through and through and knew and understood the English game, unlike these burger eating, candy chewing kunts.

BTW great thread Nanny see you in Paris.
66-1112520797

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:09 am

I am askin this question in here cause dont no where else to put it and it might be goss :D

Anyway i just got a couple of pms from a Jeff Capes and another member called Grady .

Jeff has accused me of gettin him banned ??? and Grady has asked me to chill out and stop tryin to get him banned ???

Can someone please enlighten me on this
I have never mentioned any of these lads to the mods didnt even know if they were banned or is it just gossip :D

Im not a bitter a twisted nan do i sound that :censored: evil in answering posts
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:14 am

NANNY RED wrote:I am askin this question in here cause dont no where else to put it and it might be goss :D

Anyway i just got a couple of pms from a Jeff Capes and another member called Grady .

Jeff has accused me of gettin him banned ??? and Grady has asked me to chill out and stop tryin to get him banned ???

I have never mentioned any of these lads to the mods didnt even know if they were banned or is it just gossip :D

Im not a bitter a twisted nan do i sound that :censored: evil in answering posts

They're the same person, Nan.  He's a WUM that got banned like all WUMs eventually do.  Just ignore the PMs and he'll go away.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:28 am

Bad Bob wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:I am askin this question in here cause dont no where else to put it and it might be goss :D

They're the same person, Nan.  He's a WUM that got banned like all WUMs eventually do.  Just ignore the PMs and he'll go away.

See Bamaga a Wum after me now :D

Wonderful  Unused  Male  :p

Me mind tickin over now :eyebrow
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:32 pm

What no goss today lads:(
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:45 am

I Dont know if someone knows somethink about me that i dont but the adds at the top of my page say do you want to buy maternity clothes cheap 100 off:D

Be a miricale :laugh: Do you know something i dont Bamaga

Now that gossip
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:54 pm

just watching setanta and they said klinsmann was in uk and spoter near liverpool ?

I do hope this doesnt meen what i think it meens.

God no please.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:59 pm

LegBarnes wrote:just watching setanta and they said klinsman was in uk and spoter near liverpool ?

God no please.

If he had Henry and Ronaldinho with him maybe it wouldn't be too bad.

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:15 pm

s@int wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:just watching setanta and they said klinsman was in uk and spoter near liverpool ?

God no please.

If he had Henry and Ronaldinho with him maybe it wouldn't be too bad.

nah, it was just him and kaka
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:47 pm

NANNY RED wrote:What no goss today lads:(

I would be careful what you say to Bamaga, he lives in Australia and may give you an Australian kiss.

Its the same as a French kiss but " down under."  :D

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:57 pm

s@int wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:What no goss today lads:(

I would be careful what you say to Bamaga, he lives in Australia and may give you an Australian kiss.

Its the same as a French kiss but " down under."  :D

:D and i might just give him a kirby one

Is anyone else getting them maternity adds though there p.issin me off every time i go into a new post its there flashin up at me Maternity wear  :D get a discount when you spend a certain amount of money
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:11 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Is anyone else getting them maternity adds though there p.issin me off every time i go into a new post its there flashin up at me Maternity wear  :D get a discount when you spend a certain amount of money

:laugh:

I'm getting BALLHOG !    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redmikey » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:07 pm

LegBarnes wrote:just watching setanta and they said klinsmann was in uk and spoter near liverpool ?

God no please.

he was just looking for where his grandad dropped all them bombs.

that would be the worst news possible.

best news poss is the yanks want to sell to the arabs as they are in over there head
redmikey
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill