Keirrison? - Barca misfit set to sign....

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby spion » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:52 pm

Rafael Benitez is reportedly lining up a loan move for Brazilian youngster Keirrison.

The Barcelona striker has spent the opening months of the season on loan at Benfica, but with chances in Portugal coming at a premium, that season-long deal could be cut short with the forward being switched to Merseyside.

Liverpool were after the player in January '09, but failed to agree a deal for the player before the transfer window shut. When they returned to try and sign the player again in the summer, he decided to join the Nou Camp side for a fee in the region of £12 million.

The 21-year-old has failed to make an impression in Portugal, a surprise considering his goalscoring record in the Brazilian league with Coritiba and Palmerias.

A string of clubs in europe and south america have previously been interested, with Arsenal and Real Madrid just two clubs to be mentioned.

However, it is a loan deal that could suit both parties in this particular instance best, and Liverpool are keen to secure a short-term deal in a bid to strengthen their attacking line.

With Barcelona desperate to see if the player can make the grade in european football, the Reds could be their best option and the samba star could be on his way to Anfield.
spion

Postby Keris » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:30 pm

Can a 'preferred pass to feet' striker able to fit in a 'lone striker' system at Anfield?

Saying that, the squad does need a freshen up.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:15 pm

Ehhhhhh....I think we'll pass on the Brazilian U21 players, if you don't mind....prior experience 'n all that....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:17 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Ehhhhhh....I think we'll pass on the Brazilian U21 players, if you don't mind....prior experience 'n all that....

give it a f#cking rest will ya?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:15 pm

stmichael wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:Ehhhhhh....I think we'll pass on the Brazilian U21 players, if you don't mind....prior experience 'n all that....

give it a f#cking rest will ya?

Nope.
The last one we signed was "allegedly" the best thing to come out of South America since Colombian Pure, so I suggest we pass on this opportunity.
And I'm not having a go at Lucas if that's what you think....We've been bitten before with the unrealised expectation levels of a supposed genius from Brazil, so for me it's a "No".
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:07 pm

For a 6 month loan it might be worth a shot - nothing to loose but could work out for us .
Benny The Noon

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:21 pm

A loan deal would be good until the end of the season and then a judgement on him could be made. Judging by some of his goals on this video the lad has some potential and could be a class act.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby red187 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:31 pm

We did look to sign him before he signed for Barca, only a bit of delay on our part in the January window let him slip through our grasp
red187

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:12 pm

Never seen him play but if it was a loan deal i dont see the problem.
We need options in attack, preferrably 2 players so loaning someone like that might be a clever move.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:30 pm

Not impressed by the video at all..  The defenders he was playing against do not seem to understand the rules of the game as they always seem to give him a good 3m to stand in on his own.. Premiership is a totally different game
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:14 pm

Can we buy someone who is shi.te  on Youtube :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:02 pm

Seen him play 8-10 times. Think he is more hype than talent, although at this point he probably could be a useful option considering what else we have to work with
JoeTerp

Postby Fauxy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:25 pm

Not all that convinced by him but Is probably better than N'gog! I would take him on loan.
Fauxy

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:46 pm

not even sure if he is. Probably is slightly better at the moment, but I like N'gog's attitude and potential more.
JoeTerp

Return to The Rumour Mill