Barca eyeing sissoko

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby puroresu » Fri May 25, 2007 1:44 pm

According to L'Equipe, Barcelona are closely tracking Liverpool midfielder Mohamed Sissoko.

Sissoko's future at Liverpool is shrouded in doubt following the signings of Javier Mascherano and Gremio starlet Lucas.

Barcelona could be keen on the Mali international, who is unlikely to have any qualms about returning to La Liga.

Meanwhile, Liverpool have reportedly joined the list of clubs interested in Lyon's French winger Florent Malouda.

Arsenal and Chelsea have both previously shown a desire to sign Malouda, but Juventus and The Reds now head the chase.

Malouda has a contract until 2011 at Lyon so Rafa Benitez is likely to have to pay in the region of €20million (£13.5million) to land his man.

I have said on other threads that Malouda would be a great buy.  His class.  Fantastic LW.  However £13.5 mil wouldnt get him.  Lyon are no mugs.
puroresu

Postby Sabre » Fri May 25, 2007 2:01 pm

That would be very strange.

In front of their holding midfielder, they have Deco, Xavi and Iniesta, and Ronaldinho for starters.

What they need is a holding midfielder, and I'd be astonished if they thought about Sissoko for that position.

Rumours from some socis I know say that if any, the midfielder that can go is Xavi, as they could have an important money with him, and Iniesta has more future, according to this people.

Barcelona is weak in the holding mid position. They'd need a Xabi Alonso, or a Javier Mascherano.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri May 25, 2007 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Fri May 25, 2007 2:04 pm

Think Deco could be off you know.  Don't Inter want him?
kobashi

Postby puroresu » Fri May 25, 2007 2:04 pm

Sabre wrote:That would be very strange.

In front of their holding midfielder, they have Deco, Xavi and Iniesta, and Ronaldinho for starters.

What they need is a holding midfielder, and I'd be astronished if they thought about Sissoko for that position.

Rumours from some socis I know say that if any, the midfielder that can go is Xavi, as they could have an important money with him, and Iniesta has more future, according to this people.

Barcelona is weak in the holding mid position. They'd need a Xabi Alonso, or a Javier Mascherano.

Xavi may well go I think.  The torch has been passed to Iniesta.  Quality holding midfield players are hard to come by at the right price.  Momo was awesome at the Camp nou so maybe Barca like him from that.  Gago would of been a good buy for Barca.
puroresu

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri May 25, 2007 3:08 pm

I quite like Sissoko...he's a young lad, a bit rash with the challenges alright and as a result picks up too many yellow cards (exposing him to the possibility of a red card as a result)...but he's learning his trade. He's not quite the Vieira many think he should be, but give him time.
As I've said about Kewell, give him until January. We were lucky enough last season with the lack of injuries, but - touch wood it doesn't happen in 07/08 - we might not be so lucky this year
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Soul » Sat May 26, 2007 1:03 pm

I hope we get Malouda, I hope we sell Sissoko and Harry Kewell is good enough for the bench and playing occasionally so I say we keep him, but we need someone like Malouda if we want to win Premiership or CL. IMO.
Jan Mølby: 'Liverpool have a soul'
Soul

Return to The Rumour Mill