Sergio "kun" aguero? - Could he be a target for rafa?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby scouser 'til I die » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:12 pm

LINKAGE

Reports coming out of Spain are linking Manchester United with a multi-million pound bid for Sergio Aguero after the player’s agent spoke of an English approach for the forward.

Agent Jose Segui has been quoted saying that a ‘leading English team’ have asked him to approach Atletico Madrid, and Segui ruled out Chelsea.

At 20 years of age, Aguero is already the star of the Atletico XI, and would easily command a transfer fee of around £30 million.

Liverpool wanted the Argentina international before he joined Atleti, and Rafa Benitez could use Xabi Alonso as part of a deal to bring Aguero to Anfield.

Arsene Wenger meanwhile would also have the funds if he sold Emmanuel Adebayor, but the Frenchman is notoriously thrifty in the transfer market.

The most obvious move would be United, where Aguero would act as a replacement for wantaway attacker Cristiano Ronaldo.

Segui is reported as saying on Saturday: “I have had interest from a leading English team and they have asked me to approach Atletico with a bid.

“I cannot say more until I have spoken to the club about the offer.

“All I can tell you is that it is one of the best teams in Europe and it's not Chelsea.”

Obviously it doesnt entirely link us with him but it could be us the agent is on about? And if so...

Rafa mentioned in a recent interview he's trying to get 2 players signed very soon... could he be one of them?

Or is he just a target for Rafa, because he did mention he wanted a replacement for crouch, and with villa out of the question, and some doubts over Keane due to Berbatov's possible move to the mancs, he could be the one rafas may want instead?

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:23 pm

I would love it to be him , but I just don't think we have the money. Would be a great buy and he would probably be my first choice, but very unlikely imo.
account deleted by request

Postby JamCar05 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:30 pm

s@int wrote:I would love it to be him , but I just don't think we have the money. Would be a great buy and he would probably be my first choice, but very unlikely imo.

Echoed.

I'm afraid the mancs or even Arsenal are more likely to be the club in question. The mancs certainly have the money, and I actually also think Arsenal do, although I realise they don't normally spend that much on one target. But that has to change at some point I figure, and a 20 year old up and coming world star might make Arsene wanna make an exception. Especially if they were to sell Adebayor for a lot of money. Even so I still reckon the mancs are the most likely team (unfortunately). Would LOVE him at LFC. Really wish Rafa had got hold on him before he went to Atletico, when we were also rumoured to be after him. Would be awesome if we were to pull off another great signing from Atletico, but I'm afraid he's out of our league moneywise. Here's hoping the americans go ahead and prove me wrong though  :devil:
JamCar05

Postby King Carra » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:52 am

It looks unlikely, but didn't Rafa say in a recent interview that we were after a player that people may have not heard of? I think Aguero suits this catergory for a lot of fans... if we signed him and Barry i'd be a very happy fan. :D
King Carra

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:34 am

Would be an amazing signing but I seriously doubt it.  To be honest I dont think his going anywhere.  Athletico dont need to sell him so unless someone meets the buy out clause I dont think he will be going.
puroresu

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:07 am

again - like most - i'd absolutely LOVE IT if he came here. but i just dont see it.

IMO i think its utd, looking to find a potential replacement for Ronaldo
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:18 am

I metioned this lad months ago and also said that his future father inlaw will have a big say in where he goes .

Diego Maradona.
Last edited by NANNY RED on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:28 am

I suspect Alonso plus £15M would get this done, if (big if) he is coming to the Prem at this point.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:16 pm

Perhaps it would be interesting what our Atletico guests think.

But I've heard somewhere (quite reliable) that Atletico has waken up his old interest on Xabi Alonso. Maybe the Atletico fans would find more acceptable to lose Agüero if a name like Alonso is entered into the equation?
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:48 pm

Would Alonso go to Athletico......... he's not a slave :p
account deleted by request

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:45 pm

Well he's mate luis garcia is there :D

Alonso and 15 million would be a good deal .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:16 pm

He's probably the brightest prospect in world football, if you can call him a prospect.
LFC2007

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:38 pm

Alonso and £15m!?!

You're all f*cking barmy.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:45 pm

Alonso and £16m?  :D
LFC2007

Postby Rush Job » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:14 am

It sounds like UTD but if their interested in Alonso then maybe.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill