Gossip

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:05 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Just been talkin to a mate of mine on West Derby Rd and wether this is true or not i dont know but he informs that Hicks and Gillette are not gonna come up with the money for Masherano  now or at the end of the season

I know this is about third hand info cause he got it from his mate but in the past this lads been spot on

It sound like a he says she says rumour but im worried here cause i believe him

If this turns out to be true these yanks can just :censored: right off

Mods if you wanna move this as bein rubbish go ahead

Moved over to the Rumour Mill now, Nan.  Personally, it sounds like creative speculation to me but time will tell.  Should it come true, however, we can at least take comfort in the fact that we still have Alonso.  :;):

I suggest yous all leave Xabi out of this otherwise this NAN will give yers all a smack . I love  our Alonso end of

Tell you what though on a serious note this is gettin bad if it turns out to be true what more shocks await from the yanks

I am hoping against hope that some sort of deal has been made that we WILL sign Mascherano in the summer, if not before. I just can't believe H&G are stupid enough to let Mascherano walk away.
account deleted by request

Postby roberto green » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:09 am

Bad Bob wrote:
stmichael wrote:why haven't we signed anyone yet?

parry out. :angry:

:laugh:

Parry and the yanks and Risse and Sssoko and Crouch and Voronin and Penant and Kuyt non of which are good enough for L.f.C.
roberto green

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:17 am

Sounds like Anelka is on his way to Chelsea and Berbatov may be going to the mancs

Exclusive: £10m Nicolas Anelka to Chelsea

Oliver Kay and Matt Hughes
Chelsea are close to making their first significant acquisition of the new transfer window, having entered formal negotiations with Bolton Wanderers over a £10 million deal to take Nicolas Anelka to Stamford Bridge. The approach was made before the new buying season opened at midnight last night, with Peter Kenyon, the Chelsea chief executive, beginning talks with Phil Gartside, the Bolton chairman, over the weekend.

Discussions continued yesterday, with all parties confident that a deal will be finalised by the end of next week. Anelka has been kept informed of developments and is understood to be in little doubt that his appearance against Derby County tomorrow will be his last for Bolton.

Manchester United had also shown interest in the 28-year-old France forward, having made an informal inquiry to Bolton in May, but Sir Alex Ferguson is more eager to pursue Dimitar Berbatov, who is unsettled at Tottenham Hotspur. Emil Dantchev, Berbatov’s agent, is understood to have been referring to United and Chelsea when he stated yesterday that the Bulgaria forward plans to join “a club that corresponds to Dimitar’s class and ambition”.

United’s hopes of signing him this month are unclear, with a summer deal preferable from a financial view-point, but The Times has learnt that contact was made with Tottenham at boardroom level four weeks ago.

Times

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:22 am

Liverpool's Benitez faces frustration over Mascherano

Rafa Benitez faces frustration in his bid to seal Javier Mascherano's £17million permanent transfer this month.

The issue was at the heart of Benitez's fallout with Liverpool's American owners last month, and Tom Hicks and George Gillett have decided they cannot grant their manager's wish.

Funds will be released for the on-loan Argentina midfielder's signing during the summer, but Benitez fears Barcelona or River Plate may seize the opportunity to lure him away from Anfield. The Liverpool boss has been given the go-ahead to sign a central defender

Daily Mail
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:24 am

s@int wrote:Sounds like Anelka is on his way to Chelsea and Berbatov may be going to the mancs

Chelsea are close to making their first significant acquisition of the new transfer window, having entered formal negotiations with Bolton Wanderers over a £10 million deal to take Nicolas Anelka to Stamford Bridge. The approach was made before the new buying season opened at midnight last night, with Peter Kenyon, the Chelsea chief executive, beginning talks with Phil Gartside, the Bolton chairman, over the weekend.

Discussions continued yesterday, with all parties confident that a deal will be finalised by the end of next week. Anelka has been kept informed of developments and is understood to be in little doubt that his appearance against Derby County tomorrow will be his last for Bolton.

Manchester United had also shown interest in the 28-year-old France forward, having made an informal inquiry to Bolton in May, but Sir Alex Ferguson is more eager to pursue Dimitar Berbatov, who is unsettled at Tottenham Hotspur. Emil Dantchev, Berbatov’s agent, is understood to have been referring to United and Chelsea when he stated yesterday that the Bulgaria forward plans to join “a club that corresponds to Dimitar’s class and ambition”.

United’s hopes of signing him this month are unclear, with a summer deal preferable from a financial view-point, but The Times has learnt that contact was made with Tottenham at boardroom level four weeks ago.

Times

Doesn't that just p!ss you off tho you can tell who the big boys are when the quality players come available, and where are we with our financial muscle in the American owners?....

Nowhere thats right.
roberto green

Postby Raj_Xedos » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:13 am

roberto green wrote:
s@int wrote:Sounds like Anelka is on his way to Chelsea and Berbatov may be going to the mancs

Times

Doesn't that just p!ss you off tho you can tell who the big boys are when the quality players come available, and where are we with our financial muscle in the American owners?....

Nowhere thats right.

i wish gerrard houllier had signed anelka when he had the chance,

He played well for us and was a proven goalscorer....
Raj_Xedos

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:09 pm

Tonights Echo

Javier Mascherano: Anfield is home, allow me to stay at Liverpool
Jan 1 2008 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

JAVIER MASCHERANO today told Liverpool's owners to decide whether or not they want to keep him at Anfield.

In an emotional plea, the Argentinian told of his desperation to become a Liverpool player on a permanent basis but admitted time is now against him.

Rafa Benitez has made it known on several occasions that he wants to keep Mascherano but Liverpool are still to conclude a proposed £17m deal with the player's agent, Kia Joorabchian, and with his 18-month loan due to expire in June the midfielder fears he will be forced to look elsewhere for a permanent deal.

If that were to happen it would represent a massive blow to Benitez who rates Mascherano as one of the finest players in his position in world football.

And with Barcelona waiting in the wings to take him to the Nou Camp, Liverpool now face a race against time if they are to keep him at Anfield.

But Mascherano insists Tom Hicks and George Gillett can still make his Anfield dream come true – if they want to.

"It's simple," said Mascherano. "With the time that has passed it will now be more difficult for me to stay here because I need to do something about my future.

"It is a really difficult situation because I have been talking a lot about how I want to stay here but, now, it doesn't depend on me.

"I have done everything to stay but now the owners have to decide if they want to buy me or not.

“They have to decide."

Mascherano's desperation to stay is further fuelled by the fact he has come to see Liverpool as his home and he thanked Benitez, his team mates and the fans for making him feel so welcome.

"I have to say thank you to everyone at Liverpool because I feel like this is my home," he said.

"It is difficult for me because I have gone from being at West Ham, where it wasn't good for me, to Liverpool, where I am really happy.

"I want to stay but it doesn't depend on me and it will be difficult because of the amount of time that has passed and I need to do something about my future."

SIGN HIM UP YANKS
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:12 pm

Don't ruin this G+H, sign him up.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:45 pm

Ill tell you what if they dont sign Masherano as far as im concerned its a clear sign that these yanks dont give a :censored: about this club .
The lad has been here playin well settled in has admitted himself that he loves Liverpool and the city so whats the problem.

If they are balking at the idear of spending 17 million on him it just shows you what sort of money they are gonna spend and the average players that there gonna be looking for.

:censored: Disgrace
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:23 pm

Even our "American friends" can't be so stupid as to let Mascherano go. Not when we have so many other assets we could sell if they are so short of money that they can't afford to put their hands in their pocket. Kuyt,Crouch, Sissoko, Riise, Carson, Voronin, they could sell a couple of these and sign Mascherano.

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:29 pm

s@int wrote:Even our "American friends" can't be so stupid as to let Mascherano go. Not when we have so many other assets we could sell if they are so short of money that they can't afford to put their hands in their pocket. Kuyt,Crouch, Sissoko, Riise, Carson, Voronin, they could sell a couple of these and sign Mascherano.

I think we should have a whip round and buy him ourselves :D

I honestly think though if we dont sign him now though Rafa could walk. He had the same problems in Valencia with wanting to buy players and look what happend there.

These yanks are gonna turn us into a laughing stock
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:45 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
s@int wrote:Even our "American friends" can't be so stupid as to let Mascherano go. Not when we have so many other assets we could sell if they are so short of money that they can't afford to put their hands in their pocket. Kuyt,Crouch, Sissoko, Riise, Carson, Voronin, they could sell a couple of these and sign Mascherano.

I honestly think though if we dont sign him now though Rafa could walk. He had the same problems in Valencia with wanting to buy players and look what happend there.

I just wonder IF the yanks are doing this just to get Rafa to walk. They obviously still have some problems with Rafa, maybe they see this as a way to get him out without all the negativity of sacking him.

Then they can say its all Rafa's fault and that he did just the same at Valencia etc etc .

Postby roberto green » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:48 pm

Its easy just sell Carson and Sissoko and there's the 17m and fu!k the yanks off!
roberto green

Postby heimdall » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:54 pm

s@int wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

I just wonder IF the yanks are doing this just to get Rafa to walk. They obviously still have some problems with Rafa, maybe they see this as a way to get him out without all the negativity of sacking him.

Then they can say its all Rafa's fault and that he did just the same at Valencia etc etc .

Nail on the head, Rafa is leaving one way or another. I think he really p1ssed off the American owners with his childish sulk in the press conference. To be honest I think I would feel the same as they do, you can't have members of staff, which at the end of the day is all Rafa is, acting like that and humiliating you, it's not healthy for the whole club. Hicks And Gillett will sign Mascherano but only with the go ahead of the new manager, so it will happen in the summer.
heimdall

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:03 pm

heimdall wrote:
s@int wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

Nail on the head, Rafa is leaving one way or another. I think he really p1ssed off the American owners with his childish sulk in the press conference. To be honest I think I would feel the same as they do, you can't have members of staff, which at the end of the day is all Rafa is, acting like that and humiliating you, it's not healthy for the whole club. Hicks And Gillett will sign Mascherano but only with the go ahead of the new manager, so it will happen in the summer.

And when he does wont you be happy mate

Cause ill tell you now it will be a catastrophe if were left with these lying cheatin scumbags .

your saying we will sign Masher in the Summer to late mate cause hell be on a long contract with someone else . Do you honestly think Masherano is gonna wait till the summer to find out if we want him , Not a chance
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill